3 2.14%
  • Other

6 4.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain 3.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Have you checked the next crew member thread? A bunch of people voted for Caribou to be the next member, you know the guy who murders innocent people and kidnaps women to sell them and abandoned his own brother at the drop of a hat

Some people just want to watch the world burn
    A few years ago people were saying Caesar, The guy who experimented on children, should join the crew because he had a dream of being the world greatest scientist.
    Last edited by Somali; February 7th, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

The world government is the final villain, or whoever this "Im" is.
    BB definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Somali View Post
    A few years ago people were saying Caesar, The guy who experimented on children, should join the crew because he had a dream of being the world greatest scientist.
    Lol the wonder of the Nakama thread

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Well, let's see. If Luffy is the second coming of Roger, then Teach is the second coming of Rocks. Who, wanted to overthrow the World Government and become King of the World, was the most infamous and dangeorus pirate of his time, knew forbidden subjects, and had a gaggle of infamous pirates under him. And who almost killed the Celestial Dragons, and needed both the Marines and Pirates to work together to defeat him.

....Literally, what more does Oda need to say to tell you "THIS IS THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE STORY!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Well, let's see. If Luffy is the second coming of Roger, then Teach is the second coming of Rocks. Who, wanted to overthrow the World Government and become King of the World, was the most infamous and dangeorus pirate of his time, knew forbidden subjects, and had a gaggle of infamous pirates under him. And who almost killed the Celestial Dragons, and needed both the Marines and Pirates to work together to defeat him.

....Literally, what more does Oda need to say to tell you "THIS IS THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE STORY!"?
    Come on, it is clear that Teach is the second coming of Rocks, yes. But even Roger and Whitebeard hinted that there will be a war after Raftel, against the World Government (or rather, Celestial Dragons, Imu, Gorosei, and so on). So yes, perhaps Teach is a "dark Luffy", the exactly opposite of Luffy, but that is not the end of the series. The series will end after the clash against the World Government, making Imu the last boss. Who knows if he/she/it can fight or not, but Imu doesn't have to be a warrior to be the final boss.

Blackbeard and Rocks are *part* of the clan that relates so heavily with the actual plot of the series.

Whatever final conflict or fight that you are referring to, involves Blackbeard too. He isn't being setup as some dude who will be bitchslapped by Luffy near Raftel and then be forgotten.

but if Blackbeard is a second Rocks, that would mean Luffy would ally to the Celestial Dragon to defeat Blackbeard. I'm not sure this will ever happen and in any case it is not like that Joy Boy promise will be fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    but if Blackbeard is a second Rocks, that would mean Luffy would ally to the Celestial Dragon to defeat Blackbeard. I'm not sure this will ever happen and in any case it is not like that Joy Boy promise will be fulfilled.
    Replace the celestials with Revos

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Replace the celestials with Revos
    Then what do we do of the celestial dragons ?

Then if Luffy defeats Blackbeard, is One Piece over? What about the Celestial Dragons, etc?

Unless Blackbeard allies with Imu or the World Government is defeated before Blackbeard, which I consider very unlikely, I really don't see how Blackbeard will be the final boss.

Also, I think there are many fans over here which are very apprehensive regarding Blackbeard being the final boss, aren't there? I'd be happy if Blackbeard is the final boss or not, depending on how Oda handles it, I don't see why some defend it so strongly.

The Revos and CDs will deal with each other.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Revos are way weaker compared to the World Government. Sabo is very likely to have been defeated, the three admirals plus Akainu will defeat the revos very easily. You're way overestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Then if Luffy defeats Blackbeard, is One Piece over? What about the Celestial Dragons, etc?

Unless Blackbeard allies with Imu or the World Government is defeated before Blackbeard, which I consider very unlikely, I really don't see how Blackbeard will be the final boss.

Also, I think there are many fans over here which are very apprehensive regarding Blackbeard being the final boss, aren't there? I'd be happy if Blackbeard is the final boss or not, depending on how Oda handles it, I don't see why some defend it so strongly.
    No one who says BB as final boss believes he will go down before the WG.

In case of a war with multiple sides, the WG side can absolutely go down before BB. Whats so hard to get about that?

The thing about the iron throne seems to be that the throne is the important thing, not Im. As in someone else could take the throne before the end of the series?

With the chapter showing Roger finding One Piece, I one hundred percent think Luffy and crew will get to it without much Teach interference. Oda wouldn't keep them from such a celebration. I also think that the important thing has to happen after Raftel and that there's a reason that Roger wasn't able to do such a thing. My money is on Blackbeard as the final villain in this scenario, having taken the anti-one piece, whether that's something belonging to the World Government or something else we haven't seen yet.

As for the World Government. They aren't going to go down, though the Celestial Dragons will certainly be taken off their high place. I think we should presume that the Revolutionaries stated goal is what will take place. The system of order around the kingdoms of the world will remain, but the malignant shit related to slavery will be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    The Revos and CDs will deal with each other.
    Maybe but I think that would underwhelm all the void century part of the story. After all, in this flashback Oda hinted a lot that Luffy will be the one to do what Roger couldn't do because it was to early

I would agree with imperionepiece. Blackbeard makes a great last villain on the paper but I have yet to read a scenario where it makes sense to beat him after the Strawhat have defeated the World Government and free the world of an old tyranny.

Ever since Enies Lobby and the "genocide the scholar island for knowing too much" flashback,
    placing emphasis on a "void century" cover up and putting importance of the poneglyphs and an ancient civilisation that was wiped out...
    I've been convinced that the final fight of the series will be against the corruption responsible.
    This was only enhanced when we were introduced to the Celestial Dragons and all of the awful shit they've dipped their toes in.
    Now we even have Imu, and the fact that every now and then he/it calls for a purge/cleansing of something in the world.

It feels like one of those elements in manga stories that usually overshadows everything the other characters are doing once it explodes.
    Things that will suddenly be more important than whatever squabbles the characters were having at the time.
    Something that pushes to the front and says "Look at me. I'm the captain now." aka "Look at me. I'm the main conflict now."

One Piece is a story about freedom and adventure.
    The main opposition to that is the government, who want to arrest Luffy and stop that adventure outright.
    The straw hats live outside the law and the system.
    Even at the core of the series, Luffy's main enemy is "the man" (the establishment).

You guys can talk about how Blackbeard and Luffy are set up as exact opposites, and that it's inevitable they'll have an epic clash,
    and that much is obvious.

But... consider Light and L from Death Note.
    They were on opposite sides, both intellectually compatible, good vs evil, and one side was victorious.
    .........but the story didn't finish there. Near and Mello showed up, despite how perfect things were with just Light and L facing each other.

To me, there's no reason Blackbeard can't be the L to Imu's Near/Mello.
    Though of course we won't want the protag to lose this time.
    Last edited by MDL; February 8th, 2020 at 02:35 PM.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

There currently is still no good reason why exactly the strawhats would actually attack the world government. Everything which seems to be wrong about them is a internal matter which should be resolved by the good sides of the world government (right now its the marines higher up who seem to be good).
    Icant imagine anything about the void century or what what One piece actually is which warrents the strawhat going after the world government.

Currentlly there is no good reason, but we have seen Luffy decide he wanted to take the villain down very easily many times before. Just seeing the current island's populace suffering will usually do it for him. Just learning what the WG did to take over the world could piss him off, or learning of something the WG is about to do. It could also involve someone he deeply cares about, such as Vivi, Sabo, or some strawhat. There are many ways to push this narrative.

And I guess Luffy hasn't yelled "I will take down the world government!" yet because that job is completely out of his league. It would basically mean interrupting his journey to the One Piece and spending decades pursuing this nearly impossible task. Becoming PK is easier. This will change when he gets access to the One Piece/void century stuff, and then Luffy will have both the motivation and the tools to get the job done, as well as having already fulfilled his previous main dream.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Revos are way weaker compared to the World Government. Sabo is very likely to have been defeated, the three admirals plus Akainu will defeat the revos very easily. You're way overestimating them.
    There are no three Admirals protecting the CDs in the finale. The clash of Luffy and BB, the mere gathering of their forces will draw at least one admiral out. Not to mention the Luffy affiliated marine members, the marine schism will happen when Luffy will need it the most.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information