• Shanks

3 2.14%
  • Other

6 4.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain 3.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain 3.0

In Chapter 224, BB was presented as a very distinguished opponent. He appeared to stand out with more admirable ideals. Almost like a version of Luffy with a bad moral compass. At that time, I would have certainly pegged BB as the final villain. Even as recently as the Impel Down jail break, BB stands out as a master strategist. His improv skills are reminiscent of one Captain Jack Sparrow. Despite all this, I felt Oda backtracked on that reputation when he portrayed BB at Marineford, where we saw BB’s true colors of cowardice. Since Marineford, I’ve had a hard time accepting that a coward like BB is worthy of being the final villain. I want to see BB bring back those original vibes, if he does I could see him fitting the role of final villain. But he was portrayed so in such a bad light at Marineford it almost made me wonder if Oda himself changed his mind and decided to take BB in a different direction. Unless BB gets some good character development, right now my money is on Im.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

While Blackbeard remains unbeatable, you gotta appreciate how Imu got quite some support in one single appearance.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Blackbeard has been built up since Drum, is an incredibly good mirror to Luffy in both characteristics and career arc, is compelling as a character let alone a villain, is the prime cause of Marineford and was the actual winner of that war, everyone who underestimates him ends up dead, is named after the most famous pirate of all time, and unlike Ym Teach has actually had interaction with Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin-Fist Ace View Post
    Despite all this, I felt Oda backtracked on that reputation when he portrayed BB at Marineford, where we saw BB’s true colors of cowardice. Since Marineford, I’ve had a hard time accepting that a coward like BB is worthy of being the final villain. I want to see BB bring back those original vibes, if he does I could see him fitting the role of final villain. But he was portrayed so in such a bad light at Marineford it almost made me wonder if Oda himself changed his mind and decided to take BB in a different direction. Unless BB gets some good character development, right now my money is on Im.
    I don't see how Marineford changes anything in that regard. That scene showed how BB is the one D who begs for his life when it seems like it might be ending. Him being an entirely different D than the others only makes him that much more compelling.

Discovered Stowaway

Blackbeard being the final villain would be good writing and make sense so Oda won't do it.

It won't be Imu either but another secret alien puppet master controlling Imu.

This disagreement between the Blackbeard camp and the World Government camp makes sense because both camps are supported by things Oda has been very clearly setting up for.

First, Blackbeard has been shown as the anti-Luffy, and while that is not guarantee of final villain status (Katakuri is also a mirror of Luffy, for example), it gives him some support. He was also portrayrd as a long term planner, someone with a similar sized main crew that very obviously suggests match ups with Luffy's crew, and Luffy's biggest rival for the title of PK. It makes sense for the manga to end with a series of 1v1 fights between the Strawhats and the Blackbeards.

But on the other hand, the plot has very strongly implied to be heading to a final war against the WG. We have the void century, the rio poneglyph, Luffy being hinted to be a type of chosen one, the WG being responsible for more evil in this manga than any other characters come even close to, and Luffy's ultimate skill of gathering allies anywhere being the key to win such an impossible war.

So it is obvious both confrontations are going to happen. But which one will happen first? Does BB take down the WG by himself and then become the final villain? Is it a three-way war? Or is BB just the penultimate boss?

Personally I lean on BB being the penultimate boss, but I could see the other possibilities. The way Oda is writing it makes a lot of ways possible.

The way i see it. Imu-sama's only role is to complete the puzzle of story. He has a manipulation fruit but lacks fighting skills.

Blackbeard is the main villain since he was introduced way early.

I'm not counting Akainu out, tbh.

After Marineford he's the most personal opponent Luffy could possibly have.

In Chapter 224, BB was presented as a very distinguished opponent. He appeared to stand out with more admirable ideals. Almost like a version of Luffy with a bad moral compass. At that time, I would have certainly pegged BB as the final villain. Even as recently as the Impel Down jail break, BB stands out as a master strategist. His improv skills are reminiscent of one Captain Jack Sparrow. Despite all this, I felt Oda backtracked on that reputation when he portrayed BB at Marineford, where we saw BB’s true colors of cowardice. Since Marineford, I’ve had a hard time accepting that a coward like BB is worthy of being the final villain. I want to see BB bring back those original vibes, if he does I could see him fitting the role of final villain. But he was portrayed so in such a bad light at Marineford it almost made me wonder if Oda himself changed his mind and decided to take BB in a different direction. Unless BB gets some good character development, right now my money is on Im.
    Teach has probably the best development of any of the minor characters. Arguably more than some of the SH crew. Teach has always shown his cowardice even against Ace.

Roger's spirit lives on in both Luffy and Teach. All share the same goal to be Pirate King so that they can be the most Free. But all went about it differently. Luffy going the most pure straight forward route. Roger was middle of the road, some bad stuff like killing crews but mostly good, likely the line right between Shanks and Buggy honestly. lol. However while Luffy is the most pure and straight forward, Teach is the most corrupted and underhanded. Roger wanted himself to be the most free, Luffy wants the same but he also wants everyone to be free in the process. Teach wants to be the most free by being the one in control, similar to the spot Imu has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    This disagreement between the Blackbeard camp and the World Government camp makes sense because both camps are supported by things Oda has been very clearly setting up for.

First, Blackbeard has been shown as the anti-Luffy, and while that is not guarantee of final villain status (Katakuri is also a mirror of Luffy, for example), it gives him some support. He was also portrayrd as a long term planner, someone with a similar sized main crew that very obviously suggests match ups with Luffy's crew, and Luffy's biggest rival for the title of PK. It makes sense for the manga to end with a series of 1v1 fights between the Strawhats and the Blackbeards.

But on the other hand, the plot has very strongly implied to be heading to a final war against the WG. We have the void century, the rio poneglyph, Luffy being hinted to be a type of chosen one, the WG being responsible for more evil in this manga than any other characters come even close to, and Luffy's ultimate skill of gathering allies anywhere being the key to win such an impossible war.

So it is obvious both confrontations are going to happen. But which one will happen first? Does BB take down the WG by himself and then become the final villain? Is it a three-way war? Or is BB just the penultimate boss?

Personally I lean on BB being the penultimate boss, but I could see the other possibilities. The way Oda is writing it makes a lot of ways possible.
    I agree. I think BB's only chance for final villain is to align with and betray either the SH's or the WG again in the end.
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    Teach has probably the best development of any of the minor characters. Arguably more than some of the SH crew. Teach has always shown his cowardice even against Ace.

Roger's spirit lives on in both Luffy and Teach. All share the same goal to be Pirate King so that they can be the most Free. But all went about it differently. Luffy going the most pure straight forward route. Roger was middle of the road, some bad stuff like killing crews but mostly good, likely the line right between Shanks and Buggy honestly. lol. However while Luffy is the most pure and straight forward, Teach is the most corrupted and underhanded. Roger wanted himself to be the most free, Luffy wants the same but he also wants everyone to be free in the process. Teach wants to be the most free by being the one in control, similar to the spot Imu has now.

I agree. I think BB's only chance for final villain is to align with and betray either the SH's or the WG again in the end.
    =D
    Blackbeard isn't a minor character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Blackbeard isn't a minor character.
    The Straw Hats are the only major characters imo.

Both BB and the WG will be part of the final arc imo, the main villain being BB, so my bet is on him. It's the final arc and the final war, multiple parties will be involved.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I think that's a strategy for the author wanting us to underestimate BB. Look at his fight wih Ace for example, he was screaming in pain after just one attack.

Then he managed to receuit some of the most dangeours prisoners, and is the only known character to be able to obtain a second power. Two of the strongest abilities, that sounds so much like a final boss trope.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Storywise, I think that Imu & predecesor of the guys behind the destruction of the Ancient Kingdom are the main villains, but Strawhats wise it's BB. My guess is that when the shit hits the floor in the end arc, BB being a pirate like the rest of them, will abandon his own pursuit to help the "world". At least that is how I see him, not the big mastermind and opposing force to all of the story. He is a nobody that became a powerful pirate and only wants what other pirates want.... for now.

not the big mastermind and opposing force to all of the story
    Ah, you must mean the time when Blackbeard caused the Marineford war to happen and also was the victor of that war with him declaring in front of the world and Marines that the upcoming age is his age.

But yea, he was just misunderstood and will definitely go back to helping Luffy defeat the World-Government. Totally makes sense for his character and isn't in any way a complete and utter misreading of how Oda has depicted him so far.

BB is an opportunist, not a mastermind. Remember that first, he just wanted to capture Luffy and became Shishibukai for taking advantage of it. That was his first plan, then we don't really know if the goal was to open the door of Impel Down and recruit...
    Ace was targetting BB, not the contrary. Marineford wasn't intentional at first. But he tooks advantages of, that's what he does, always.

Now, he's just waiting. He let Marines, Yonkou fighting each others or whatever, and wait the good moment to strike.
    He's pretty smart, but he don't create everything on purpose, he's not a chessmaster some of you think he is.

I think it is obviously Blackbeard

Quote Originally Posted by Somali View Post
    I think it is obviously Blackbeard
    It was obvious you'd say that with that username

Dragon and shanks have more votes then akainu.

https://imgur.com/tloJFJq

Such choices such as dragon are fairly ridiculous. Those who voted for these could you explain

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Dragon and shanks have more votes then akainu.

https://imgur.com/tloJFJq
    Have you checked the next crew member thread? A bunch of people voted for Caribou to be the next member, you know the guy who murders innocent people and kidnaps women to sell them and abandoned his own brother at the drop of a hat

Some people just want to watch the world burn

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information