3 2.14%
  • Other

6 4.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain 3.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    You can't really call him random when he was being built up for ages.
    I couldn't help but zoom in on this. Could you elaborate on how you feel Imu has been foreshadowed and built up? Because to me the main issue i have with him is that he came from nowhere with no build up. Just curious about your read

Pretty sure he is talking about Imu representing WG.

Or I hope he isn't referring to the Akainu and the Gorosei scene with the whole "who gave you, your orders?".

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I mean, when you see how the Gorosei, Imu the whole stucture of the Marines, all sistematically trying to shut down anyone who could reveal the void century.
    And Newgate literally saying 'yall just affraid kiddos'

Then yes, the perspective of the WG burning down in the middle of Luffy and Teach's brawl is super valid.

Also there's that treasure of Mariejois that might call Teach's attention and would confirm that they're going down first.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I couldn't help but zoom in on this. Could you elaborate on how you feel Imu has been foreshadowed and built up? Because to me the main issue i have with him is that he came from nowhere with no build up. Just curious about your read

I'm referring to the storyline at large.

The void century plot line has been going on for the longest and that has contributed to the forshadowing imu's existence. This is something Oda has been planning from the beginning. What the One Piece is, the D name, Laugh Tale, the fact that the WG tried to hide these things,it's all connected to this storyline and Oda has always maintained that he hasn't changed anything about what these encompass.

One Piece was never meant to be anywhere near its current length so I believe that the only reason Imu appeared so far into the series and it seemed like he was an asspull is because of Oda's habit of adding in things that weren't in the original draft which delayed the core story and I don't think a lot of people take that into account. Perhaps he could have dropped more hints, but I still don't think he came out of nowhere.

In chapter 395 Clover pointed out that the people who left behind the poneglyphs had an "enemy" and this enemy survived through subsequent history and might have birthed the WG. I believe this was the first hint we've had at the existence of Imu.

The second thing that might have been a hint at Imu's existence is Doflamingo saying that there was a national treasure in mary geoise that would shake the world if they knew it existed, could give him true power that only the personality transplant could have helped him with it. When Doflamingo brings up the national treasure again, the scene pans to Imu.

Last edited by YoungWhite; January 29th, 2020 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    also see no chance of shanks dying to Blackbeard, so cliche, rather him getting attacked by the marines and killed by akainu
    Cliches are cliches for a reason though

I could see it going either way

both Marines and BB need to elevate themselves somehow, by defeating someone strong,
    I don't really see how Blackbeard needs elevated tbh

He has two of the strongest DFs in existence

Even before gaining the second of the two he was already capable of defeating Ace and scarring Shanks

I don't see why we necessarily need anything else on top of that

so maybe akainu kills shanks
    Akainu adding to his body count isn't going to help elevate the marines

He's already the most intimidating and powerful force the marines have

It's the other 99% of the marines outside the top brass that need elevated at this point
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

Teach
    •Works hard
    •Never sleeps
    •Doesn't like butterflies at all

Yup, its Teach.
    !!!

can you provide source?

I don't see BB kill shanks because he doesn't have a df and so far they only killed df users to steal their power.

Unless shanks was a secret df user all along.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Obviously, the WG doesn't want anyone to find One Piece, so both Luffy and BB are enemies to them.

Blackbeard aims for One Piece, and we still don't know if he's after the title or is he after the truth, maybe he knows there is a hidden truth. What if he finds One Piece after Luffy, and decides to act differently?

Luffy wants freedom, BB is opposite to Luffy, WG is probably fucked either way and hates both.

So the final villain will not be one, but multiple ones, and these villains are enemies of each others too at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Three-way war was always my hope.
    Last edited by asm00200; January 29th, 2020 at 08:31 AM.
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

Three-way war was always my hope.

Exactly, if you cannot paint the final war between three different factions, you aren't reading the clear signs on that confrontation.

3 Ancient weapons, one of them by Luffy's side.

So it is inevitable that the other 2 are in hands of factions that both oppose themselves and Luffy at the same time. The World Government is a clear choice. Whom is the other one?

Well, WB words about Teach not being the one, just means that he isn't the one to carry Joy Boy's will. In meta words, he ain't the hero of the story. Which ..is fine as he isn't the hero. But something you cannot deny he is, a member of the D. Clan same way Luffy is. Blackbeard will not become the hero or the new Joy Boy, but with enough power and ambition, his goal is to sit on the Empty Throne. If you don't see how does Blackbeard overthrowing the government affect/contests Luffy's freedom, well common, a tyrant is replacing a new tyrant. The difference that while the government is shit, they at least try to maintain some order. Blackbeard, would all be chaos, the strong prey on the weak
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

BB with Pluton would be ideal scenario.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

You know, Daenerys had 3 dragons
    Last edited by Nilitch; January 29th, 2020 at 12:29 PM.

Discovered Stowaway

Thanks for giving in to popular demand :) I voted for Imu but I am not surprised to still see Blackbeard at the top of the list.

Personally I think Blackbeard will be the last fight before reaching Laugh Tale, maaaaaybe even a fight occuring on Laugh Tale itself, and Imu will be the one fight/war afterwards. Possibly even with Blackbeard as an ally, though I'm not sure Luffy will forgive him for capturing Ace (he definitely won't forgive Akainu for killing Ace, but Akainu will presumably be fighting for Imu).

Edit: also, who is voting for Dragon.

I always been of the opinion a D. betrayed their clan and helped the WG beat AK. Then they were killed by the WG and that D. will was passed on like Joyboy.

It has to be either Imu or BB. Blackbeard is the main enemy but Imu might be final villain due to what he embodies and stands for in the story.

It seems clear that Teach is the final Pirate villain but the WG will be it's own tyrant entirely. Unless, and this is a big unless, but the old theory of Joyboy being the D. that betrayed the D. clan, failed to carry out his promises, and also actually helped the Ancient Kingdom win. A lot goes into this theory and it seems kinda unlikely to me but it requires Joyboy to be the Original Nefertari and Vivi's clan to be D.'s as well as Teach pretending to align with Luffy temporarily, only to of course betray the Strawhats. lol.

=D

What does he stand for again? Might've missed that during the two panels of his intro

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    What does he stand for again? Might've missed that during the two panels of his intro
    I really don't understand your point here. What he stand for sounds quite pretty clear. If you mean what is his personality, what is the reason he is at this place of course we have no idea but what he represents does not seems to need that much panel time to understand it.
    Do we ask what the Gorosei stand for ? Their panel time is not that much bigger. The only thing is that they appear much earlier in the serie

If I say Donald Trump is the president of the US, is that enough to understand what he represents or do I need to write an essay to explain it ?

Let me put it this way; whatever Imu stands for, at least according to you guys, doesn't require him to be....well Imu since you are going to refer to an idea that already existed before and someone else embodied it.

sorry but i understand even less.

Do you mean that the world government may be represented by someone else than Imu when it is defeated ? Maybe but then what was the point for Oda to create that character

Hope it's not Blackbeard, he sucks and is kind of boring, I would guess Imu, though I don't pretend to know. The question of "how" is more interesting than of "who" or "what".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information