+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 967: Roger's Adventure

Default Re: Chapter 967: Roger's Adventure

Laffite s already the bird of the crew, so unless birds s a theme in the crew, I don't see why they would get another one.And the captain s the parrot, instead of having one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I suppose you could use your own haki to counter it?
    If Blackbeard has the same level of Haki when he fights Luffy, the latter can just give up. Its his only solution to the two or even three most overwhelming abilities.

Would also fit into "spirit vs cunningness" Luffy vs anti-Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Doesn't he basically have this with the Darkness fruit seeing it cancels devilfruit powers?
    Kind of, but he still needs something to provide infinite superior tier haki of the "Mine's better than yours" brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

BB and Luffy's haki will be at the same level so it'll be rendered useless which will make for a more interesting fight.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    BB and Luffy's haki will be at the same level so it'll be rendered useless which will make for a more interesting fight.
    How is Luffy going to counter darkness, quakes and a possible third ability?

Personally i think BB will learn to use his two existing powers in a defensive way, like to intercept or deflect blows. Which coupled with his natural toughness should make him a tough nut to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    How is Luffy going to counter darkness, quakes and a possible third ability?
    Power of faith on one's ability.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.

I think it's a given that luffy will be better at haki then BB, since many dfs seem to he his thing and he can cancel luffy's df. Like when would BB have time to train all his 2 or 3 fruits and trăins all advanced hakis too

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I think it's a given that luffy will be better at haki then BB, since many dfs seem to he his thing and he can cancel luffy's df. Like when would BB have time to train all his 2 or 3 fruits and trăins all advanced hakis too
    He had like 30-40 years before he even touched a devil fruit to work on his haki tho

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Power of faith on one's ability.
    Isnt that Haki?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

He had like 30-40 years before he even touched a devil fruit to work on his haki tho
    That reasoning is faulty though considering the age of the opponents Luffy faced and the fact that BB literally needed the fruit to be relevant.

That reasoning is faulty though considering the age of the opponents Luffy faced and the fact that BB literally needed the fruit to be relevant.
    My line of reasoning is essentially that even pre-fruit he was seemingly good enough to scar Shanks and be offered a WB commander title, which i would assume translates to being able to use haki quite effectively, since he uses no known weapons or skills outside of that little wolverine claw.

My line of reasoning is essentially that even pre-fruit he was seemingly good enough to scar Shanks and be offered a WB commander title, which i would assume translates to being able to use haki quite effectively, since he uses no known weapons or skills outside of that little wolverine claw.
    I get that but 1) Its pretty apparent that this was a very young Shanks. He had his scar in the Windmill Village, but also had not met Whitebeard since Rogers demise, and BB was hiding in WBs ship -> it happened when they were both apprentices. Whatever that means can be discussed.

and 2) the commanders vary immensely in strength, while the number supposedly is neither strength related nor authority related, despite Marco being first in both, but Ace was not yet at Vista or Jozu strength.

So nothing of these negate him having great Haki, but at least for me do not particularly suggest he has. And then we can talk about his the low amount of his showings, in which he looked pretty bad in regards to it.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Also, WB could have different roles for each group/commander. One would need reckon & scout group, a fighting group and maybe a support group if the crew is big enough. Like how BM top crewmembers have different skills that aren't only for fightning purposes.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Maybe this has been asked repeatedly, but what kind of one on one would SH and BB pirates look like ?
    Besides luffy vs BB, of course.
    This would be the final fight so everything is possible.

Isnt that Haki?
    Maybe a development of CoC, as we already are witnessing developments of CoO and CoA...

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's less about the expectation of *that* fight, and more the sheer scale it puts Luffy himself at for the rest of the series. If he can beat the strongest guy by himself, even narrowly, that admirals and shanks and big mom couldn't beat, then... Luffy has broken the power scaling of the series and badly.

So he can't win in a strict 1 on 1, there has to be SOME kind of catch. Someone else providing a weakpoint or allowing Luffy his moment to hit the final blow unguarded, or a giant ball of molten gold stuck on his arm... but its not something Luffy can do completely solo, even if he does 95% of the lasting damage personally, as happened with Doflamingo.
    The sentence "Kaid is the strongest creature" is just a tag that only means he's superstrong... but not unbeatable and even it doesn't make impossible to see there are fighters even stronger than him (BM? BB? Im?...). Anyway just a rethoric title to awe us readers. To take it literally is just like to prepare the ground for more surprises...

Beyond that, maybe the plot line about the katanas results in a combo of Luffy and Zoro breaking the defense of Kaido. Anyway, I'd prefer a 1 vs 1 amazing win of Luffy. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Sulong Inu and Neko vs Jack would be rad though.
    I'd say only one Sulong is enough if we consider that would be like to see a Kaido's comander vs a Roger's comander fight.

I get that but 1) Its pretty apparent that this was a very young Shanks. He had his scar in the Windmill Village, but also had not met Whitebeard since Rogers demise, and BB was hiding in WBs ship -> it happened when they were both apprentices. Whatever that means can be discussed.

and 2) the commanders vary immensely in strength, while the number supposedly is neither strength related nor authority related, despite Marco being first in both, but Ace was not yet at Vista or Jozu strength.

So nothing of these negate him having great Haki, but at least for me do not particularly suggest he has. And then we can talk about his the low amount of his showings, in which he looked pretty bad in regards to it.
    It is one of those old old arguments. What speaks against it being something that happend to chibi-Shanks before he became someone powerful is that he uses this scar to underscore how Blackbeard is not to be underestimated. It would only be reasonable to assume that either chibi-Shanks was powerful enough to warrant a comparison to Ace at that point, or it happend at a later stage. Which isn't impossible, since we've seen the second division have all sorts of adventures on their own. Like learning to knit hats and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Also, WB could have different roles for each group/commander. One would need reckon & scout group, a fighting group and maybe a support group if the crew is big enough. Like how BM top crewmembers have different skills that aren't only for fightning purposes.
    Could be. But he was offered the second division which from what we've seen so far does shit all but fight and make enormous hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Maybe a development of CoC, as we already are witnessing developments of CoO and CoA...

The sentence "Kaid is the strongest creature" is just a tag that only means he's superstrong... but not unbeatable and even it doesn't make impossible to see there are fighters even stronger than him (BM? BB? Im?...). Anyway just a rethoric title to awe us readers. To take it literally is just like to prepare the ground for more surprises...

Beyond that, maybe the plot line about the katanas results in a combo of Luffy and Zoro breaking the defense of Kaido. Anyway, I'd prefer a 1 vs 1 amazing win of Luffy. We'll see

I'd say only one Sulong is enough if we consider that would be like to see a Kaido's comander vs a Roger's comander fight.
    No i mean the mental strength to not doubt yourself and your abilities was mentioned as generally being the working behind haki.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It is one of those old old arguments. What speaks against it being something that happend to chibi-Shanks before he became someone powerful is that he uses this scar to underscore how Blackbeard is not to be underestimated. It would only be reasonable to assume that either chibi-Shanks was powerful enough to warrant a comparison to Ace at that point, or it happend at a later stage. Which isn't impossible, since we've seen the second division have all sorts of adventures on their own. Like learning to knit hats and what not.

Could be. But he was offered the second division which from what we've seen so far does shit all but fight and make enormous hats.
    Or could refer to the potential of BB, the fact that someone talented as Shanks had an equal his own age, but whereas one threw himself out there to face challenges over and over, which is said to increasr your haki, the other hid himself and wait for the one in a million chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    If Luffy owns Kaido all on his own how will they make Black Beard seem like an actual fight by the end of the series? He's obviously the final villain so what do they do to make him a bigger threat? I'm not putting down your theory I'm seriously asking, maybe give him another DF or an ancient weapon to boot
    He has a couple of fruits that are considered the best in their category in-universe. He'll be fine.

So guys Luffy, Ace, Garp are usually falling asleep all the time.
    On the other hand Blackbeard apparently has never fallen asleep.

I also just realized that Law often seems like he has bags under his eyes, like he doesn't get enough sleep.

Could it be that just like the Minks, there's a separation among the D. clan based on sleep patterns??
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Or could refer to the potential of BB, the fact that someone talented as Shanks had an equal his own age, but whereas one threw himself out there to face challenges over and over, which is said to increasr your haki, the other hid himself and wait for the one in a million chance.
    Oh on a certain level it is about potential and how cunning and patient he is. But how do you account for the part where Shanks spefices that it wasn't a blow from Mihawk, as one might've expected, and that it wasn't a cheap shot when he was caught unaware. The inclusion of such details seem like a grip to lead the reader to certain conclusions

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information