+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 967: Roger's Adventure

Default Re: Chapter 967: Roger's Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I think the best benchmark for Luffy to progress would be able to fight foes like Doflamingo or Katakuri without using G4. So, I imagine the leader of the Numbers will be put up front to show he's now truly at that level, and that he can fight someone like Kaido with somewhat of a chance.
    He will make true of his foreshadowing and defeat Jack beforehand.

I'd like to see Jinbei vs Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Yet I'm pretty certain readers had far more expectations for Roger and Whitebeard than they had for Oden. I know I did, I've been wanting to see these 2 for the best part of a decade whereas Oden was but a vague silhouette until a few months ago.
    Besides, we barely see Oden in Oden's flashback. Sure he is on panel all the time, but it's all flashing forward and feels like most events are handled in under a couple pages. So I really wouldn't get my hopes up for a lengthy Shanks and Blackbeard confrontation, unless they're at the center of the final war. But if Shanks has to go before the endgame begins ? I really don't think he can afford 10 chapters. Assuming Oda really wraps up One Piece in 5 years, that's roughly 200 chapters with breaks. Of which 50 could be dedicated to finishing Wano as far as I know, so it seems far-fetched that a whole 10 of the remainder would focus solely on Shanks vs Blackbeard when there's so much left to tell. There will probably be at some point a flashback that explores their shared history, Blackbeard's ties with Rox and Shanks' with the World Gov, but a detailed battle really seems out of reach seeing how much of the storytelling is rushed these days.
    I think the idea of the entire series ending in under 200 chapters including Wano is actually crazy. Like, I can't see any possible way without it being the MOST rushed ending of anything... ever. I just don't believe that to be the case. I take the 'five years' thing with a grain of salt. Oda's never been right about his estimates before. No reason to start believing him now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So, I don't think Luffy's taking down Kaido one on one. The prophecy was 'nine scabbards.' I think it'll be nine. Luffy, Law, Kidd, Drake... Moria, Katakuri, Marco, Momo, and Tama? I dunno. My guess. Maybe sub in Zoro and/or one of the actual scabbards. Maybe all of the Straw Hats? Either way, 9 vs. 1.

I think Kaido received the immortality operation - and thus can't be killed. Explaining why he survived the massive wound left by Oden. Oden probably won the duel, but failed to kill Kaido because Kaido can't be killed.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

The operation is for eternal youth, not eternal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    If Luffy owns Kaido all on his own how will they make Black Beard seem like an actual fight by the end of the series? He's obviously the final villain so what do they do to make him a bigger threat? I'm not putting down your theory I'm seriously asking, maybe give him another DF or an ancient weapon to boot
    Yeah Blackbeard will eat a third fruit, he doesn't feel complete with his current skillset. It's not broken enough yet.

Sure his powers are destructive and tricky, but he's still wide open to attacks. I assume that's why he decided to run from Akainu back then - if one of his magma-moves connect it's game over. Rolling on the floor + screaming won't fix half of your face missing.

So for me the only question is which fruit could cover that weakness while also adding some flavor to Blackbeard himself. Maybe a mythical hippo zoan or something .

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah Blackbeard will eat a third fruit, he doesn't feel complete with his current skillset. It's not broken enough yet.

Sure his powers are destructive and tricky, but he's still wide open to attacks. I assume that's why he decided to run from Akainu back then - if one of his magma-moves connect it's game over. Rolling on the floor + screaming won't fix half of your face missing.

So for me the only question is which fruit could cover that weakness while also adding some flavor to Blackbeard himself. Maybe a mythical hippo zoan or something .
    LOL mythical hippo df for the win

I'd put money on him getting a Zoan DF if he gets a third one

also wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the ancient weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    LOL mythical hippo df for the win

I'd put money on him getting a Zoan DF if he gets a third one

also wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the ancient weapons
    Perhaps the strongest Zoan, which I think it is the dragon fruit.

How can people say that jack will face anyone else then the minks, when they clearly have a personal grudge.

Also the dragon fruit design recycled into bb would be incredibly cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    How can people say that jack will face anyone else then the minks, when they clearly have a personal grudge.

Also the dragon fruit design recycled into bb would be incredibly cheap.
    Because the Strawhats, especially Luffy, routinely do that. Most obvious example being Luffy finishing off Doffy instead of Law. I would love for the Minks to get their revenge on Jack, but it's definitely not guaranteed.

As for BB getting Kaido's DF, I don't particularly want that either. Buuut, if BB wants a 3rd fruit, and it's supposed to be a Zoan, Kaido's is the one that makes the most sense. The only other alternative that would also work is Marco's. Outside of that, there's no other notable Zoan fruits for BB to steal/find that wouldn't just come off as being completely random.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Sulong Inu and Neko vs Jack would be rad though.

BB with Dragon-DF sounds cheap, but the dragon-design itself would suit BB pretty well IMO.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    (…) The only other alternative that would also work is Marco's. Outside of that, there's no other notable Zoan fruits for BB to steal/find that wouldn't just come off as being completely random.
    Marco's DF would make sense in the matter to balance out BB's weakness from the yami yami no mi.
    Problem with the Dragon DF is also: in this arc the end boss has this ability. And I guess it won't be many arcs til the fight with BB, so Luffy faces off the same ability quite quick in a row. And this would feel kinda meh.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

If the point is to make BB seem undefeatable, there wouldn't be much point in giving him the fruit of an already defeated enemy.

I want Blackbeard to get Foxy's Noro Noro No Mi and put it on defensive use.
    Or just slowing down users with the Noro Noro so they are easier to catch with his darkness to then shockwave them in the face while his foe is stuck in slo-mo.
    Last edited by flandrian15; January 15th, 2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

So much discussion lately! Reminds me of the old days!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    So much discussion lately! Reminds me of the old days!
    Certainly this chapter thread. Previous ones were a bit lackluster. Personally I've not been reading scanlations since a few weeks (don't even know if they're still available) just waiting for the official Viz release and it seems many are doing the same thing if I look at this thread.

What about diamond blackbeard. That ţs why we didn't see jozu after the battle with BB.

But BB could get all natural disasters. He has quakes, tsunamis, darkness, now he will either get enel's fruit or If dragon has the wind fruit to control storms.

Marco┤s DF would fit best, outer hardness loses its meaning if you can use the advanced CoA

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Marco┤s DF would fit best, outer hardness loses its meaning if you can use the advanced CoA
    I suppose you could use your own haki to counter it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I think the idea of the entire series ending in under 200 chapters including Wano is actually crazy. Like, I can't see any possible way without it being the MOST rushed ending of anything... ever.
    I know, right? Until now I was thinking, "okay, five years is a long time so why not", but once you begin to count chapters and try to fill them with ongoing plot threads... No way it can be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I suppose you could use your own haki to counter it?
    Hey, it's Blackbeard. I'm sure he will manage to find a Haki Haki fruit or some other game breaker somewhere out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post

Hey, it's Blackbeard. I'm sure he will manage to find a Haki Haki fruit or some other game breaker somewhere out there
    Doesn't he basically have this with the Darkness fruit seeing it cancels devilfruit powers?

Blackbeard gaining a third DF would be so bad. I hope it doesnt happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information