+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

Default Re: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    In the official translation, Roger said he don't want Rayleigh and Gaban to get hurt but in the scans Roger said "two of my best men".
    Which one is the closest to the japanese version?
    The official one. Original: 君達にケガさせるわけにいかん

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The official one. Original: 君達にケガさせるわけにいかん
    Thank you very much.

The good/bad thing about One Piece ending (like in 5 to 10 years) are all the incoming prequels that can take place in the 800years of history, lol

I mean I don't want a prequel about Xebec for instance. Just get it done here, in the original manga ----or don't

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    The characters seems to be canon, if shiki is anything to go by
    And Shiki has a presence in the manga, unlike with Bullet (Chapter 530):

I'm absolutely ready for a Garp spinoff. He's like a superior version of Luffy in every way, and the Marine setting brings a different dynamic to the table.

The plot will be mainly about him punching things.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I'm absolutely ready for a Garp spinoff. He's like a superior version of Luffy in every way, and the Marine setting brings a different dynamic to the table.

The plot will be mainly about him punching things.

Or flashback chapters detailing the Rocks Pirates.

I want a Germa spin off, Enel space pirates and Bartolomeo journey

I'll never get enough of One Piece, but I hope and pray the series is just left to rest in all its glory, unless Oda himself wanted to write more.

I really have no doubts that whatever the end of One Piece is will be phenomenal; Oda has proven to me at this point that he's going to complete this incredible story in a truly beautiful way. And however many years and chapters it takes to get there is fine by me; I'm not a fight-crazed reader, nor am I solely a world-building fanatic. I love every aspect of this series dearly, and I appreciate every chapter for what it brings to the table. If Oda ended One Piece tomorrow or in twenty years, I wouldn't bat an eye, so long as he wrapped up what he felt he needed to. My only concern is a rushed pacing. You can have a beautifully written ending, but it can still be rushed, and given the slight rush Oda's been putting on lately, it concerns me just a bit. All I could ask for as a reader is for Oda to complete this journey how he sees fit, and it would really be a shame to rush to the end now. I'm along for the ride no matter what, and whatever this beautiful man has in store will be, no doubt, one of the most powerful things ever put to page.

Low key, I'm not the kind of person who feels like they have to meet the people that they respect the most, but I just want to give Oda a hug some time before we're both gone, just to show him even a glimmer of how much I appreciate the time, dedication, and love he's put into this thing, and how much joy this thing has brought me.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Also, this is just a minor note, but I think Roger is one of the very few to use two hands with a Cutlass type of sword. Usually, everyone who uses such swords keep it one-handed.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    The fact that someone doesn't sleep feels weird, even for One Piece standards. It's so unnatural and out of the left field, it almost ruins the immersion. I mean the main character always asked for the poop?!
    This is Blackbeard we're talking about. He has an abnormal body.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

What if Blackbeard also doesn't poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    The fact that someone doesn't sleep feels weird, even for One Piece standards. It's so unnatural and out of the left field, it almost ruins the immersion. I mean the main character always asked for the poop?!
    That is, assuming that Blackbeard is a regular human in the first place. This is also coming from the same manga in which someone claimed not having eaten in three years.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Then that body composition is probably 30% cherry pie right now

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    His wanting the Yami Yami is very fitting then, allowing his big black hole to take things in and then release. Can't blame the guy for killing his crewmate over it, constipation sucks.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I guess whatever's special about Blackbeard's body involves him having two of something.
    I hope it's two dicks

After OP ends I'd like it if we got mini stories/mini arcs about Roger and Garp's pasts, pasts like like Mihawk/Dragon/Shanks seems like it could be fun as well.

Kizaru spin of is all I ask for.

I was not too much in the 'Why didn't Whitebeard went in Wano' debate but after this chapter where we learn that Roger only borrowed Oden for a year, something must have happened. I hope after Oden farewell to Roger, he went to see Whitebeard too

Fuck Whitebeard but Izo should have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I was not too much in the 'Why didn't Whitebeard went in Wano' debate but after this chapter where we learn that Roger only borrowed Oden for a year, something must have happened. I hope after Oden farewell to Roger, he went to see Whitebeard too
    I think WB came to Wano for reunion and that's where he and Roger talked for the last time.
    As for why WB didn't help Oden, simple answer is Oden forbade him to do so and he honoured the wish.
    Why WB didn't go for the revenge afterward is most likely convenient plot line....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information