+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Beastars

Default Re: Beastars

From the first page I knew that something along the lines of the final page would happen. Would I did not see coming was everything in between. That was a beautiful chapter albeit very tragic.

correct me if I'm wrong, but did Legosis grandma commit suicide for the sake of one kiss? By tricking her husband into murdering her? I don't think thats gonna help with his Komodo-complex at all, lady...

You know I get that this world has its own culture and set of values but it has been very hard to relate to the characters lately.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but did Legosis grandma commit suicide for the sake of one kiss? By tricking her husband into murdering her? I don't think thats gonna help with his Komodo-complex at all, lady...
    I don't even think it was a suicide attempt. I think she thought she'd get over the poison through the power of love or some shit.

Is both, that she didn't believe the poison was that strong, and she felt the constant cleaning her after a kiss as not true affection.
    Anyway the perceptions on love in this story are not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    You know I get that this world has its own culture and set of values but it has been very hard to relate to the characters lately.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I don't even think it was a suicide attempt. I think she thought she'd get over the poison through the power of love or some shit.
    Yeah, I honestly couldn't tell if we were supposed to find her endearingly romantic, or romantically foolish, or whatever...to me, it came across as an incredibly thoughtless and traumatizing thing to do. But in general, I sometimes find it hard to track where I should place my emotions in the series - Yafa is initially framed as monstrously excessive in his dealiNg of justice (with the carrot fertilizer), but this angle feels like it sort of dissipates? I read a bit of Baki the Grappler recently, which is written by the authors dad, and I felt a somewhat similar approach to storytelling here- a sense that the writer writes whatever they feel compelling in the moment, as long as its big and dramatic. I described it earlier as an "and now, this!" approach, which on the one hand makes things highly unpredictable, but also makes it harder for me to invest in the story.

Though to be fair, Beastars is more coherent and consistent than Baki, which feels like it handles its plot however the author fancies at the time.

Chapter 190: They said the title of the manga version
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/1021178/1

How's Louis gonna contribute without a gun? :D
    We all float down here!

The gun was inside him all along.

Louis proceeds to regurgitate the gun he prepared.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Come on Legosi eat my other foot.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1028968/1
    Spoiler:
    Yahya better took that bullet for my man Gosha!
    Last edited by Pennywise; September 8th, 2020 at 01:53 AM.
    We all float down here!

I've been holding off on catching up since the whole Melon arc seemed really lackluster. I couldn't tell if it was actually just a crappy villain and stagnation in character development or just the effects of week-to-week kicking in.

Sounds like there's enough material and plot movement that I should consider going through a few chaps, eh?

On the topic of chapter 189, I think Toki didn't actually believe that Gosha's poison was really that powerful/lethal, and I guess she felt Gosha's affection wasn't "real" with all of that alcohol rubbing. She chose the risk of being loved out of Gosha's protective bubble. But really Paru has showing us some very weird ideas on romance. Get a therapist girl.

On the newest chapter, my we got a Chekhov's bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by fdsfgfs View Post
    I've been holding off on catching up since the whole Melon arc seemed really lackluster. I couldn't tell if it was actually just a crappy villain and stagnation in character development or just the effects of week-to-week kicking in.

Sounds like there's enough material and plot movement that I should consider going through a few chaps, eh?
    While the series still hasn't gone back to the heights of the school murder arc it still remains one of my favorite mangas at the moment. The stuff with Melon, while feeling lackluster at times, has its ups as well and there is still some decent world building going on at the same time time, too. Imho you should give it a shot again since we seem to be close to moving past Melon anyways.
    We all float down here!

We did it we save the city
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/1038377

Well, that was... bloody stupid.

I mean, I can get that Legosi and even his gramps would be tired and willing to tend to Lego's wounds, and that they'd want to forget about Melon for a while.
    But Yafa ? The guy who has been chasing him for several months, knows just how dangerous Melon is and fertilizes carrots with deceased carnivores ? Helloooo ? What's your excuse to suddenly grow so soft ?
    And seriously, please kill Melon already. I really, really hope this last panel is the end of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Him killing Yafa could have been his final fuck you to the world.

Oh, I'm not questionning what Melon did. This much is completely in character for a nutcase like him.
    However, that Yafa of all people put himself in a position to let him do that ? I'd rather have expected this sort of dumb move from Legosi... Story-wise the Beastar has to retire one way or the other for the next generation to take over, but I'm certainly not satisfied with the way it is (apparently) happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Nothing to do with the recent chapters or the story, but I find it neat so I want to post it somewhere.

So some time ago I found a comic allegedly from Paru depicting a human in Beastars. Entirely possible it's a joke comic, if it's even by her at all. I don't know Japanese so confirming that stuff is hard.
    But what I'm out after has nothing to do with Beastars (even though the topic of humans in that universe is very interesting).

Spoiler:

I've also been doing a read-through of Conan and came across this page.

Spoiler:

Probably just a random coincidence, but I got a good laugh seeing that ugly mug in the place I least expected it.
    Then again one is called Kunigami Sensei and the other one seems to be K-Sensei, one teaches science and the other looks like he teaches math.
    But I dunno.

The 3 chapter warning. God we wasted so much precious time on that Melon nonsense.
    https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/stat...928217605?s=19

Damn, that doesn´t feel right at all, I hope things like what the whale said to stop the war get an answer.

Looking foward to her next work though, wondering if she will continue in the furry trend or if we will finally see how Paru draws human beings.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information