+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

Default 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

The samurai aren't the only thing that leapt through time.

Title: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''
    Chapters Covered: 919
    Episode Director: Aya Komaki (*****)
    Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

I mean, might as well, right? I still haven't gotten around to watching it myself yet, though...
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

I thought the episode was really enjoyable. The scene with Luffy and Kinemon's reunion was really funny in my opinion.

Default Re: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

One Piece Episode 910 Preview

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Duuuude

Welcome back, everyone.

EPISODE WAS TEH AWESOME< Omg~!!!!!! those faces

Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post

Seems like they were stretching the previous episodes while waiting for Oden's reveals in the manga to spoil it on time

Thought that was a good episode.

Why does this Oden doesn't look like Oden?

This episode was phenomenal. I haven't enjoyed One Piece this much since the finale of Whole Cake Island.

Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post

Of course Ashura Doji has pastel pink hair.

Well, look's like we're back up after god knows what happened to this forum.

Awesome episode!

After a good couple of episodes ranging from unsatisfactory, forgettable and enjoyable, this one definitely stands out as a memorable one and I'm not afraid to say that I liked it from beginning to the end.

Aya Komaki once again out here asserting her dominance as one of the best episode directors of the entire series by representing the source material in the most creative, colorful and visually captivating way possible.

While it was only one panel in the manga, the way Kyoshiro narrating Oden's wife's spell was absolutely masterfully presented. Very nice background, popping colors and taking the advantage of the compositing every time the possibility presents itself.

The atmosphere and the attention to detail in this episode was also superb. For example the feather of the crow landing at Luffy's foot representing death and that old man eavesdropping the classroom who happens to be a reoccuring character in the next chapter, just fantastic.

The comedy and the character acting in this episode was also really put forward in this episode, something that imo was kinda lacking in the show since some time, especially the latter. Shout out to fresh young animator Akiko Sugizono for her really cool bit of character acting on Luffy. It's her 2nd time working on a Wano episode and I really hope she sticks around because we need more character acting and she seems to specialize in it.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/105624

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Aldia View Post
    Seems like they were stretching the previous episodes while waiting for Oden's reveals in the manga to spoil it on time
    You're most likely joking, but that's definitely not the reason why the anime was so slow lately.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Why does this Oden doesn't look like Oden?
    It's just a more detailed silhouette, defintely not the final character design.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalDragon View Post
    You're most likely joking, but that's definitely not the reason why the anime was so slow lately.
    Yeah, I wonder what's the real reason might be as they're now 42 chapter beyond the anime; used to be around 30 chapter as far as I've been reading manga which was in Punk Hazard. Not that I'm complaining tho, they're doing a good job on those fillers scenes.. well, most of the time, but it wouldn't hurt them if they speed up the pace in certain episodes at this rate.

Duuuude

Did everyone catch the Denjiro connection in the anime?

I loved this episode too, but Zoro fighting a sword-wielding (in its teeth, no less) tiger was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Did everyone catch the Denjiro connection in the anime?
    What connection? Hairline? His title? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I loved this episode too, but Zoro fighting a sword-wielding (in its teeth, no less) tiger was just ridiculous.
    I mean it's not like Zoro can talk lol

That said the real issue is that we missed out on the gag of him being lost despite riding on an animal, I loved the implausibility of that.

Duuuude

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What connection? Hairline? His title? Or something else?
    I saw a picture comparison someone dropped on Twitter. Can't find it now.

Spoiler:
    But hidden under Kyoushiro's massive hair is the same wavy hairline that Denjiro has in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    I saw a picture comparison someone dropped on Twitter. Can't find it now.

Spoiler:
    But hidden under Kyoushiro's massive hair is the same wavy hairline that Denjiro has in the flashback.
    Ah, was hoping it was something new. Yea I'm aware of that. Not entirely convinced, but it's better than nothing.

Duuuude

But then I just remembered, the opening sequence has kind of sort of implied that already.

Been rewatching the episode. If One Piece had this level of polish weekly, it would be probably the best anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Been rewatching the episode. If One Piece had this level of polish weekly, it would be probably the best anime.
    Definitely disagree. Since the Wano arc began, the art and animation has seldomly been a problem anymore and the show has been as consistently polished looking as it ever has thanks to our 2 talented chief animation supervisors cleaning up the art on nearly every episode so far.

In the art & animation department I would say that only episodes 898 and 904 were a bit more problematic. 898's first half being rough around the edges and 904's worst offender being that it was limited in some places.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information