+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

Default Re: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

Finally have some free time to write about this, really enjoyable episode overall.

For the most part the anime original additions were welcome, and everything was presented in a very unique and distinctive way, everyone already mentioned Akiko Sugizono's nice character acting moments so I'm not going to dwell on that too much .

However, I do have two small gripes with it, firstly is that the pervert Momonoske joke is getting a bit old(they did try to do it a bit differently but the fact that they've shown it twice really didn't help it)
    and another thing is that it took way too much time for Kin'emon to come out of the Ruins, when in the manga it only took 4 panels with law and luffy talking over most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Zoro fighting a sword-wielding (in its teeth, no less) tiger was just ridiculous.
    I would probably agree if it weren't for how well the tiger was firstly presented in that shadowy silhouette, his design itself was also pretty cool so I ended up appreciating that moment.

Default Re: 909: ''The Mysterious Graves - Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!''

I don't get whats so ridiculous about the sword wielding tiger.

Like, sword weilding bamboos, and sword weilding monkeys are fine, but a sword weilding tiger is somehow a step too far?

Okay, that was a fun episode that made excellent use of color in setting the mood. Honestly, at this point in the story I'm kind of done with Luffy operating on his own for extended periods of time, so the reunion with the rest of his crew put a big smile on my face (plus Chopper tripping then getting smacked in the head by a falling support beam deserved a GTA "WASTED" message). Went kind of far with the toiler humor too with that cut to Bepo being both hilarious and revolting at the same time. And if my eyes aren't deceiving me and the coloring team finally gave Carrot properly white fur instead of that weird off-white salmon color from before that was appreciated.

Kinda found Kyoshiro's casting to be a bit boring though since we just spent a whole arc with Daisuke Kishio already (Vito) but I'll live.
    Spoiler:
    I've been wavering a bit on him being Denjiro since the flashback started, but I guess you can massage young Denjiro's facial features into Kyoshiro's and the hairlines are the same. If the eyes turn out to be squinty behind those glasses that would certainly seal the deal.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Spoiler:
    I've been wavering a bit on him being Denjiro since the flashback started, but I guess you can massage young Denjiro's facial features into Kyoshiro's and the hairlines are the same. If the eyes turn out to be squinty behind those glasses that would certainly seal the deal.
    Spoiler:
    His eyes are visible in chapter 960.
    Last edited by Jiji; November 16th, 2019 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
    Spoiler:
    His eyes are visible in chapter 960.
    Spoiler:
    Hah, that's what I get for speed-reading chapters before heading out the door for work I guess! Not squinty though, but it is pretty late in the game for Oda to introduce such an important character completely out of the blue so we'll see.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Okay, that was a fun episode that made excellent use of color in setting the mood. Honestly, at this point in the story I'm kind of done with Luffy operating on his own for extended periods of time, so the reunion with the rest of his crew put a big smile on my face (plus Chopper tripping then getting smacked in the head by a falling support beam deserved a GTA "WASTED" message). Went kind of far with the toiler humor too with that cut to Bepo being both hilarious and revolting at the same time. And if my eyes aren't deceiving me and the coloring team finally gave Carrot properly white fur instead of that weird off-white salmon color from before that was appreciated.

Kinda found Kyoshiro's casting to be a bit boring though since we just spent a whole arc with Daisuke Kishio already (Vito) but I'll live.
    Spoiler:
    https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/s...754768384?s=19

Got you covered on that Chopper GTA part
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information