+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 908: ''The Treasure Ship's Arrival - Luffytaro Returns the Favor!''

Default 908: ''The Treasure Ship's Arrival - Luffytaro Returns the Favor!''

Keeping solidarity with Luffy's newfound sense of weabooism, you may call me Kurosu Wada (<-absolutely don't do this).

Title: ''The Treasure Ship's Arrival - Luffytaro Returns the Favor!''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 918
    Episode Director: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Toshio Deguchi (**)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 908: ''The Treasure Ship's Arrival - Luffytaro Returns the Favor!''

One Piece Episode 909 Preview

Kyoshiro gets cotton candy blue hair? I kinda dig it.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Next week looks great.

So we have maximum 5-6 episodes until:
    Spoiler:
    Luffy vs Kaido. Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Next week looks great.
    Break next week.

No voice actor announced for my boy Kyoshiro yet? His design screamed Yusa Kouji to me when he first appeared in the manga.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Raid suit Sanji is coming closer and closer

This was a really enjoyable episode!

Despite the low amount of pages adapted, it didn't feel like a drag at all. Maybe some scenes here and there were a tad too long but that didn't bother me at all.

Really flowed well, the atmosphere was great and the overall direction was solid.

I expected them to censor the lady wanting to stab her baby and then hanging herself afterwards.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

A good storyboard can make even an episode with not so many pages adapted really fun to watch.

Very happy episode, nice to have an episode like this sometimes, leaves you with a taste of satisfaction.

But yeah I did fear that this episode would suffer from the content it was covering and the low amout of it, but it ended up being quite a solid episode, maybe could've done better without spending most of the run time in Okobore town and more with the next chapter, but that's about it.

Break next week, eh? One of the rare breaks in the anime. Good, I guess. They should take a break every month or two; then they wouldn’t gain on Oda much and they could at least do 1:1 episodes again. It’s so crazy that we miss the days of 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Raid suit Sanji is coming closer and closer
    Really hoping the anime expands upon it given that it is a perfect opportunity to use for filler

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Break next week, eh? One of the rare breaks in the anime. Good, I guess. They should take a break every month or two; then they wouldn’t gain on Oda much and they could at least do 1:1 episodes again. It’s so crazy that we miss the days of 1:1.
    If this trend continues, we are going to miss these days too :(

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    If this trend continues, we are going to miss these days too :(
    Realistically, how low can it go? 5-7 pages? They’ve done 7 before. This anime must hold all the records for worst page count per episode.

Realistically, how low can it go? 5-7 pages? They’ve done 7 before. This anime must hold all the records for worst page count per episode.
    It was somewhat more bad during some of the Z era of Dragon Ball in the anime, especially during later half of the Freeza saga, when there was a episode that only cover like 4 or 5 pages of the fight during the Namek final countdown then switch to filler fight scene, then the episode ends with final fight finally continuing.
    Last edited by Sano; October 28th, 2019 at 01:48 PM.

Duuuude

Wow. The next episode looks *really* good. Luffy's facial expressions!

Yeah, I recognized that right away as the work of a new animator by the name of Akiko Sugizono. She did a similar scene in 900 where Zoro was miming for Luffy to shut up, though it wasn't as bouncily-animated. We need more animators like her for the more low-key character moments and such in between the action powerhouses like Ishizuka, Tu, and Kojima.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    No voice actor announced for my boy Kyoshiro yet? His design screamed Yusa Kouji to me when he first appeared in the manga.
    Brother-in-arms!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Finally watched and rewatched the episode. Way more enjoyable than the last four or so. Can’t wait for the next episode; looks killer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information