+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 903: ''Sumo Match - Straw Hat vs. the Strongest Yokozuna!''

Default Re: 903: ''Sumo Match - Straw Hat vs. the Strongest Yokozuna!''

I’m not all negativity—only when it’s deserved. The first ten episodes I was raving about. This episode, there isn’t much to rave about. It happens. If we only ever said good things, conversation would get stale fast and at least 50% of what we have to say wouldn’t be said, making this forum even deader than it sometimes feels.

While a lot of people are complaining about the pacing, don't forget about the talent such as this involved who are doing the best with what is given to them: https://twitter.com/henry_thurlow/st...57596974538753

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, but I'm not really sure why.

Maybe I'm just nostalgic for dragged out anime because I grew up with DBZ?

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    While a lot of people are complaining about the pacing, don't forget about the talent such as this involved who are doing the best with what is given to them: https://twitter.com/henry_thurlow/st...57596974538753
    That’s a well-drawn shot.

I was probably a smidge rough on this episode. Just watched it again. All the Tama/Holdem scene were well drawn and animated. There are even a few brief moneys of good animation in the Urashima part, but by and large that stuff, which makes up most of the episode, is some of the worst art and animation I’ve seen yet this arc.

There are some neat moments in this episode and despite the lack of sakuga(which I fear is because of the Romance Dawn special)
    the quality of the art style is still consistent, but overall the horrible pacing makes this probably the worst Wano episode so far,
    which is disappointing because I did really like last week's episode.

Hopefully next week's will be good? The content it's adapting seems at least more interesting.
    Last edited by Greenness; September 27th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.

I hope the mediocre episodes are necesary sacrifices to ensure the actually important episodes turn out epic. And despite my complaints this episode was much better than say Luffy VS Cracker, the animation quality of that episode PISSED ME FUCKING OFF.

This wasn't a great episode, but I don't know how anyone can say it's Wano's worst so far when we had 898 not too long ago. Everything about that episode was bad.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

898 certainly wasn't one of Wano's best episodes, but personally I felt like they did a better job with extending those 9 manga pages and it also just felt more appropriate to extend the fight with Hawkins when compared to Urashima(who from the start didn't seem like he stood a chance) even if some parts did feel a little bloated,
    and there was more effort put into the animation as well, we didn't have the back to back, back to back moments that this episode had.
    Last edited by Greenness; September 28th, 2019 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    This wasn't a great episode, but I don't know how anyone can say it's Wano's worst so far when we had 898 not too long ago. Everything about that episode was bad.
    Imo 898, despite having a quite rough first half and and overall unsatisfactory pacing, had some very well boarded/directed moments and some nice animation bits in the 2nd half of it.

This episode not only was it slow, but also had a mostly basic storyboard with only a few snibbits of cool stuff here and there, overall dull direction and just standard animation.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information