+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 901: ''Charging Into Enemy Territory - Bakura Town Where Officials Live!''

Default Re: 901: ''Charging Into Enemy Territory - Bakura Town Where Officials Live!''

Wasn’t impressed at all by the art and storyboard compositions in this episode, especially all the lion dog scenes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    The anime helps a bit, but overall I'm kinda indifferent towards her. Too many years of One Piece using the helpless/saccharine/spunky little kid trope, both canon and filler. Speaking of filler I'm sure some manga purists'll get steamed at the anime giving Batman Armament Haki and allowing him to tank a Haki punch from Luffy, but if they can make these guys feel even a little less jobbery I'm all for it since that's been my big gripe with the arc antagonists so far.

Production-wise, didn't expect to see Hisada back in the AD role (even discounting the magazine scans attributing the role to Kitazaki originally). Seems like he might be following the Ishizuka path of sharpening his skills now that he has fewer responsibilities.
    I feel like OP only uses that trope in flashbacks or filler. Usually there isn’t a little kid that we place all our sentiments on in the arc. Child characters like Chimney aren’t used so typically.

Default Re: 901: ''Charging Into Enemy Territory - Bakura Town Where Officials Live!''

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Wasn’t impressed at all by the art and storyboard compositions in this episode, especially all the lion dog scenes.
    It was fairly contemporary stuff in terms of compositing in terms of idea's, but it was nice to see them under the new visual direction and aesthetic of the show. I think we can all agree its significantly more interesting than it was previously in post time skip arcs such as Dressrosa and Punk Hazard, and is a little more of a modern return to form in terms of gradients(something that was most notably used in the anime up to the end of Skypiea, with the purple hues over a ton of the shading).

I feel like OP only uses that trope in flashbacks or filler. Usually there isn’t a little kid that we place all our sentiments on in the arc. Child characters like Chimney aren’t used so typically.
    Not to mention that Chimney was all kinds of awesome.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Still waiting for the relevancy of this whole sumo/Urashima subplot in the manga

Filler, by any other name, is just as sweet.
    Also shoutout to them drawing Holdem's ballsack bulge in tasteful detail. Can't say I've ever seen the anime do something like THAT before.
    Last edited by Miss Saturday; September 11th, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Nice, the anime is losing its steam sooner than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Nice, the anime is losing its steam sooner than expected.
    What steam is lost? The effects are still good, the storyboard from Ito this episodes is nice, line filter still makes everything crisp, and the new composition studio is still making everything look flashy and atmospheric.

Most of you know this, but for those of you that don’t, here’s a PSA: the new line art looks 10x better on a big screen than it does on your phone or tablet. I’ve watched this episode on both and appreciated the art far more when it was on the television and I could better see the crisp line widths.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    Spoiler:
    Still waiting for the relevancy of this whole sumo/Urashima subplot in the manga

Filler, by any other name, is just as sweet.
    Also shoutout to them drawing Holdem's ballsack bulge in tasteful detail. Can't say I've ever seen the anime do something like THAT before.
    It looks more like his butt, honestly. I’m still not convinced the closeup was his balls and not his behind.

So, uh, does anyone think we’ll ever find out if the old couple were able to protect their raccoon dog from Urashima’s stomach?

So, uh, does anyone think we’ll ever find out if the old couple were able to protect their raccoon dog from Urashima’s stomach?
    spoiler, they weren’t.

Cruchyroll won't work for me in Spain; any one know a place I can watch new episodes?
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information