View Poll Results: Who plays the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints

1 11.11%
  • Rams

1 11.11%
  • Eagles

1 11.11%
  • Bears

1 11.11%
  • Giants

1 11.11%
  • Other

4 44.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Default Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Why so much Pats hate?
    The Patriots have 100% been the villains of the NFL for most of the past decade. Between their dominance and the various scandals that have popped up around them, they're easy to hate. Think of people's satisfaction when Golden State or Miami lost in the NBA Finals, then triple that.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

The best QB in football history and the best coach in football history lost to the fucking Titans.

Just take that in.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Lmaoooo what a wet turd of a game by the Saints. At home. Against Kirk Cousins. 0-3 on my predictions so far, but I'm happy and will be even happier if I go 0-4. Go Hawks.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Why so much Pats hate?
    my best friend's bro is a cop loving MAGA douche pat fan and I never want him to experience happiness, especially from a team led by a MAGA hat trump bestie

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    The best QB in football history and the best coach in football history lost to the fucking Titans.

Just take that in.
    dOn't MaTtah tHeY gOt SiX rInGs AnD tOm'S ThE GrEaTeSt eVaH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    my best friend's bro is a cop loving MAGA douche pat fan and I never want him to experience happiness, especially from a team led by a MAGA hat trump bestie
    Well, I can't speak for that douche, but please know tons of Pats fans up here despise Trump.

When you're not a real sports fan and you make it about politics or social issues, you have to go by some narrative fed to you. Then there's also the fact that many teams go long spans of time w/o a decent season. "Fans" get desperate and have to find some enjoyment in the sport. That is finding something to despise and hate.

The interesting thing is that I remember "the Pats are done" narrative after the 2011 loss to that great Giants team. They ended up winning 3 more rings after that. Josh might be gone, but I highly doubt Brady or Belichick are done in NE. With a higher draft pick and a loss in the WC round, this next season will be a revenge tour. Many "fans" just started to care about sports in the last 3 years. They don't understand that this is temporary and Belichick will create a whole new identity for this team as he does every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post

Just take that in.
    A bad Titans team rolled them down the last time they'd played during the season though. Brady has thrown exactly zero touchdowns in the last eight quarters he's played against Tennessee.
    Complicating things since 2009.

A bad Titans team rolled them down the last time they'd played during the season though. Brady has thrown exactly zero touchdowns in the last eight quarters he's played against Tennessee.
    i mean they lost to the Blake Bortles and the boys last year
    https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/sta...097527297?s=20

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

i mean they lost to the Blake Bortles and the boys last year
    https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/sta...097527297?s=20
    That "This isn't the AFC South!" comment is especially delicious schadenfreude in light of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    The interesting thing is that I remember "the Pats are done" narrative after the 2011 loss to that great Giants team.
    They were great with that 9-7 Record?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They were great with that 9-7 Record?
    Tuck? JPP? Prince? Prime Victor Cruz. Mario and Hakeem. They weren't just great, they were dangerous. Regular season records don't matter for teams with playoff experience. Fewell came from the Bills team that knew us so well. Stat watching is different than experiencing the schemes and play making. They were just as dangerous as Straham and them boys from some seasons prior

Well shit with those names that record looks even more fucked.

I like how none of the teams listed in the poll are in the playoffs [anymore]

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Might be the 9999999th time i've come into a thread and not notice a poll

There's more to a team than a reg season record. Injuries and trades happen. It all depends on what they do once they enter the playoffs. Certain teams have been through enough that if they just get a chance, they'll upset any team.

Even in this season, Titans were able to run the ball all over a team that is great against the run.
    Last edited by Cockycent; January 8th, 2020 at 12:52 AM.

I like how none of the teams listed in the poll are in the playoffs [anymore]
    I like how with the exception of the Saints and debateably the Rams how random the picks were.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I like how with the exception of the Saints and debateably the Rams how random the picks were.
    oh Bears were definitely some people's NFC favorites

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Well shit they got a rude awakening.

Speaking of rude awakenings...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Eh, hard to avoid whiffing on the poll. Niners and Packers were bad last year, Seahawks and Vikings seemed a bit too average to put in as either real or joke options.

Can we excise Baltimore from Maryland now? Delaware or New Jersey can have it.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information