+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matrix 4

Default Re: Matrix 4

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Oh! I'm excited for this! I enjoyed the other movies, so I'm definitely gonna watch this one when it comes out!

Though I wonder if it be a direct sequel or a reboot. I wonder how it will play out O:
    A reboot is probably the way to go for this, since Matrix 3 resolved all of the major plot threads.
    Plus the special effects in the original Matrix have aged substantially and are extremely cliche now.

CGI wouldn't be any better imo. The stuff they did for the original Matrix movie is really cool if you read up on it. Just having all the effects and sets be CGI would stick out just as much. I really only enjoyed the first Matrix movie anyway so having a sequel, especially after 17+ years by the time this comes out, just seems unnecessary, especially since like you said, everything is pretty much wrapped up by the third movie anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    A reboot is probably the way to go for this, since Matrix 3 resolved all of the major plot threads.
    Yeah, I think this the best way as well, unless they end up reviving the characters or something.

Honestly, I'm more excited about Avatar 2, lol.

Guess it could be good if they keep it simple, like the original Matrix, and less convoluted like later instances, Cloud Atlas or Jupiter Ascending. I did like Cloud Atlas, but can see why bunch of people didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

In the meantime, why don't check out this movie made by the same guy who worked on the special effects of Matrix?

Currently re-watching the original film in preparation for this fourth film. I haven't seen any of these films since they were originally released when I was but a wee closeted lass. Now being accepting of myself as a woman I am entirely stricken by just how the script is essentially written in a way that by changing a few key words it becomes incredibly apparent that Neo is a trans woman realizing and accepting that she is a trans woman and a lesbian. This is so utterly hilarious to me as a bi trans woman and really goes to show that these films really cannot be properly experienced unless you are trans or an ally.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Is there any good reason why they didn't brings back Fishburne?
    https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

I'm excited. Truly. Don't care if the previous two weren't up to par, or that this one - as far as the trailer makes it out to appear - follows the same story beats. I just wants a good film, be it a soft reboot or no. Visually it looks stunning.

They're going to have to find a good balance between telling a good story - all the while telling what's happened since the previous Neo died, but not getting bogged down in "previously on the Matrix.."

That trailer looks great, but I'm still remembering how let down I was by the sequels to the first movie. I'm not sure I'm willing to trust this.

Well ok, I'm officially more interested in this than Avatar 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

wow I was not prepared for the adrenaline rush after the trailer, def pumped to see it

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Is there any good reason why they didn't brings back Fishburne?
    Apparently they're making some of the video game stuff canon. So there is a convoluted actual canonical story reason.

But if they'd wanted they could have easily ignored video game stuff and gotten him. They apparently never even approached him though. So, story reasons.

Hugo Weaving had a scheduling conflict.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I actually really liked the sequels. They're nice "transbians overthrow capitalism" films.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information