+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Who says he's not a tough guy?

If we're going by that logic, then we only need to go back to Impel Down when Luffy attacked Blackbeard and he was on the floor, screaming in pain. BB would have easily stomped Luffy

I think people are severely underestimating the Shogun and his strength.

i can definitely see Zoro taking him on, but I'd much rather see 1 of Oden's retainers kill him.

He has got a mythical devil fruit. I think he is stronger than Sanji but weaker than Zoro

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Who says he's not a tough guy?

If we're going by that logic, then we only need to go back to Impel Down when Luffy attacked Blackbeard and he was on the floor, screaming in pain. BB would have easily stomped Luffy

I think people are severely underestimating the Shogun and his strength.

i can definitely see Zoro taking him on, but I'd much rather see 1 of Oden's retainers kill him.
    The thing is, Orochi literally froze up in fear. He doesn't really have warrior instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    The thing is, Orochi literally froze up in fear. He doesn't really have warrior instincts.
    To be fair Spandams are known to absorb alot of satisfying punishment.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Kzmrlo View Post
    He has got a mythical devil fruit. I think he is stronger than Sanji but weaker than Zoro
    Sanji was just shown beating up on a relatively high-tier Ancient Zoan user soooo

Spoiler:

This talk has given me a very fun thought. What if Kyoshiro and Hiyori are planning to off Orochi and become the rulers of Wano themselves, maybe even making their own deal with Kaido. And then Wano forces get split between Hiyori supporters and Momo supporters.

Orochi tanked a point blank Zeus attack. He can Spandam around all day, fact is the fruit is the real deal.

He feels like a Spandam trapped in the body of a Wapol. A minor inconvenience for any real combatant, but an amazing challenge for the 8 year old boy with mythical zoan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    This talk has given me a very fun thought. What if Kyoshiro and Hiyori are planning to off Orochi and become the rulers of Wano themselves, maybe even making their own deal with Kaido. And then Wano forces get split between Hiyori supporters and Momo supporters.
    Yep, that's also my bet.
    It would be an interesting conflict between her and Momonosuke. They basically have the same goal, Hyori is just more pragmatic after 20 years of bullshit.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I would love that. But I don't think Oda would ever let a female do that.

Spoiler:

If the big bad was Orochi maybe. They are fighting a yonko that we are supposed to think has much stronger forces. I don't think we are going to deal with a side conflict.

I mean does Hiyori having a couple of Wano peasant counts if Momo has the pirates, the minks and the scabbards? Basically everyone we care about?

While yea, Hiyori wants to kill him now, I don't about the theories of Kyoshiro wanting to take over. People keep bringing it up, but it doesn't have any actual evidence that points towards it. They just think it's a possibility because he looks so very shady, which well, okay yea he totally does.

But my main issue with it is that Orochi isn't by himself, he has Kaido's backing. Hell, we don't even know what their relationship is like yet. Kyoshiro can't just simply kill him and install himself as Shogun, and then expect Kaido to be totally cool with that. Why should Kaido and those who work directly under Orochi accept a new status quo? So if Kyoshiro really does have those kind of aspirations, he has to find a way to make Kaido cool with it. I'm not sure what type of deal he could realistically offer that would interest someone like Kaido.

It's a theory I wouldn't mind coming true, as I love Kyoshiro, but I just don't see the story going in that direction. Though I am interested in seeing if Oda actually does anything with Hiyori's desire to kill Orochi herself.

But the beef Zoro has with Orochi is so...random and out of nowhere. He wants to avenge Yasu? Since when are they close enough for that? We've seen them talk like a couple times. I think if Oda really wanted to have something meaningful come out of that relationship he would have bothered to show them bonding or something, just like Luffy with Tama , so the audience can actually be invested in it.
    The matter of how invested people are in Zoro wanting to avenge Yasu is completely subjective though.

That said, nothing about it is random at all. Zoro's the only one aside from Luffy that got an opportunity to bond a little with the people of Wano. Yasu, Toko, Ebisu Town as a whole, that's all of what was on his mind when he attacked Orochi with the intent to kill him. Zoro's motivations are just fine regarding someone as vile as Orochi, especially when him and the rest of the Strawhats have done this kind of stuff for far less in the past. Luffy in particular, you can simply give him some food, and he'll basically be your bud for life. It's just how the Strawhats roll. Though I will say that the anime could and should expand on his time with Yasu (including showing how they met) and Ebisu Town when it reaches that point.

Also Orochi was the only one of SHs antagonists who was explicitly portrayed as swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Also Orochi was the only one of SHs antagonists who was explicitly portrayed as swordsman.
    "Swordsman"

Also foxface guy says hello

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I would love that. But I don't think Oda would ever let a female do that.
    Of course the plan won't lead to anything, Luffy (possibly Zoro) will be the one to convince her to back the plan to take down Kaido. It's about the potential conflict between her and Momonosuke, similiar to the conflict between Ashura and Kinemon. The scabbards and Momonosuke spent 20 years frozen in time, with all their anger, frustration and bravado preserved, while Hyori and the other retainers had to actually live though all this shit and were consequently shaped by it.

It sounds super logical to me that Hyori would partially resign and just go for Orochi's head, while still bowing to Kaido once everything is said and done because it's the only realistic option for change. Kaido is not the reason why the country is shit, as it stands he's just the muscle who enables Orochi. We don't know why he does it, but his men follow Wano's and Orochi's rules in exchange for *whatever* (seastone gear only Wano people can make or something?).

Quote Originally Posted by desa
    If the big bad was Orochi maybe. They are fighting a yonko that we are supposed to think has much stronger forces. I don't think we are going to deal with a side conflict.
    We already dealt with the side conflict that was Ashura and I doubt Oda established the "Hyori is a massive bitch behind the scenes" plot for no reason.

I just don't think that Foxface is behind it. He's just the muscle behind Hyori, despite him acting like the pimp to keep her cover.
    Last edited by Jabra; August 9th, 2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Well Blackbeard already did that with Ace so it wouldn't be that great if after all that time Luffy could only produce the same effect. Luffy has to smash through Blackbeard's punch and wipe the floor with him.
    I don't remember BB and ace parting the skies with there punches, when did that happen? Only two times I remember that happening was shanks vs white beard and big mom vs Kaido

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    "Swordsman"

Also foxface guy says hello
    He is not swordman, he is foxman.

But between the guy that said he is the guard dog of orochi and his boss shogun, I would bet more on zoro taking on the boss. Orochi is the one that leads entire wano, even kaidou just has his smaller island. And doesn't look like the victim of his people that plan to overthrow him. Not the bad ones on his side.

And luffy and zoro tend to take on the broken fruits together, like it was with doflamingo and pica, both broken paramecias, or cesar and monet, both logias, or mr 1 and crocodile.
    If kyoshiro really wanted to take down orochi, he could just pretend he can't stop the slash of zoro and job done. And there is the thing that if kyoshiro is not daimyo, he can't become shogun. Or else kaidou could just make one of his calamities shogun.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; August 10th, 2019 at 12:40 AM.

Well, there's the theory that Kyoshiro is Denjiro, so that would make one scabbard on her side. Kawamatsu would probably side with her as well. To convince more people she could go all "we'll use Kaido's power to make this country great again and become the Wano empire" or something. People like Ashura Doji could get behind something like that. Big Mom and Kaido look like they may establish some sort of alliance, so maybe join that.

Then we can get both Edo and Meiji in the same arc.

After the Emperor clash (and maybe a Big Mom/Kaido flashback), I'm most excited about Franky and Usopp getting their hands on those ships. Battle Franky fleet incoming.

I could see Law playing Hawkins into thinking he'd betray Luffy. But, on the other hand, I can see Hawkins knowing that and planning for it.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Not a fan of Robin facefaulting all the time now.
    How dare you? *unlike, unsubscribes, and flags for inappropriate content*

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    If kyoshiro really wanted to take down orochi, he could just pretend he can't stop the slash of zoro and job done. And there is the thing that if kyoshiro is not daimyo, he can't become shogun. Or else kaidou could just make one of his calamities shogun.
    The issue is that Wano has a strict hierarchy, just taking down Orochi isn't enough. The successor would have to convince the other influential parties to back him or her, just like Orochi did when he backstabbed Oden.

I assume that's why they planned to let Hyori marry Orochi, so she would have some political influence to fill the void once he's killed. Maybe she would even be considered the new Shogun herself, like Hojo Masako.

Hojo Masako, a Buddhist nun and wife of the first shogun, lived in a male-dominated era where women were not typically allowed to hold positions of power. Despite this, Masako became a largely influential political figure by becoming shogun, the supreme military leader in Japan's first samurai government, after her husband's death in 1199.
    Hyori as the Shogun (or stand-in Shogun), Foxface controlling the underworld and Kaido as the protector of the country from outside forces. It's not a pretty solution, Kaido's factories still pollute the landscape, but she could still achieve a lot for the citizens regardless. A super pragmatic approach when the alternative is believing in some story about time travel.

Of course that plan is ruined now if the theory is correct, which does pave the way for her to follow Luffy's plan instead (doing the unthinkable and defeat not only Orochi, but also Kaido), but it would explain their behavior so far.

I hate Spandam. He killed Tom juste because he wanted to be punished and Tom was an awesome father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I don't remember BB and ace parting the skies with there punches, when did that happen? Only two times I remember that happening was shanks vs white beard and big mom vs Kaido
    Well technically it never showed them hitting each other, just skipped to the effect but that was pretty memorable.

Spoiler:

The anime expanded on it and showed them charging each other and made the effect more epic.

Spoiler:

It's a good theory. Hiyori and Kyoshiro are fishy. We know killer and Kid are not super evil. What if Killer was trying to kill Hiyori because he knows she is super evil? Is she using Zoro to achieve her mastermind plan?
    I am starting to think Orochi isn't super smart....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information