+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    More likely Luffy is based on Goku who was based on Sun Wukong, lol.
    Yeah I was gonna say that too, but Luffy is also based a lot of Sun Wukong in particular, like the fact Luffy resembles him by being an anti-god who is against the gods (Tenryuubitos). The same goes to Zoro(Ashura) and Sanji(Satan).

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Almost Pokemon Master chaosceptor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    The only obvious reason why King and Urouge wings are bigger than the on of a normal Birkan is because of their sizes. Urouge is already big enough as the size of a pacifista and King is comparably the size of Queen. The bigger the body, the bigger than wings need to be so they can fly. Normal size Birkans, like Ohm, have normal size wings.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wp4Wuc613p0/hqdefault.jpg
    Normal Size Wings

Tenguyama's is already a big man, so because of that his wings are extremely big.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=es

The wings' size depends on the person's weight and height. Again, this is a theory, so it's possible the King and Tenguyama are indeed from different race which Urogue is not from.
    Not that the Anime is anything for canon size measurements, but Tengu appears to be approximately Luffy's height without the Geta Sandals.

I can see King being some "Phoenix" version of the Birkans with some un-introduced properties that make his race so rare in the present. His hair is literal fire.
    Anything humans can imagine is a possibility in reality-Physicist Willy Karen

Quote Originally Posted by chaosceptor View Post
    Not that the Anime is anything for canon size measurements, but Tengu appears to be approximately Luffy's height without the Geta Sandals.

I can see King being some "Phoenix" version of the Birkans with some un-introduced properties that make his race so rare in the present. His hair is literal fire.
    That would be very interesting to see. It would make the "Marco the Phoenix vs. King the Phoenix Birkan" fight even cooler.

Luffy can devellop a big pole with his awakening

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    B-but my OCD... yeah, it will probably be just his fist. Still, would be cool if each Emperor could have a unique weapon following the 4 original ones and see how Oda would integrate a weapon to Luffy's fighting style without changing it too much.

Out of respect, most likely. They used to be on the same crew, so their relationship is probably not as simple as rivals who want to take each other down. Think about things going south for the SH and 40 years from now, Zoro and Nami and on bad terms and are rivals. Even in a scenario where they would become enemies, I doubt they would allow the other to be disrespected by their subordinates.

It was the same for the Shanks x Whitebeard clash. Small panels of them drawing their weapons and clashing, a big one of the clouds being ripped apart. Oda probably just wanted to draw both scenes as similar as possible.

Nope. Just assumption because it managed to hurt Luffy, I suppose, although it could be just haki.
    OK, I see. Weird that I didn't get a notification for this tho

There are many theories that say that Luffy will get a pole, and that with his awakening he will be able to make the pole extend; making a reference to the Monkey God Sun Wukong, a mythological character in which Luffy is highly inspired.
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/60/07/26/6...59189c8e4e.jpg(the pole won't be that thick though)

Blackbeard will get an epic weapon and they will both clash with their weapons, splitting the skies.
    Yeah, i've seen many speculations and theories on it. I did something different tho because the rubber environment thing was used too much

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Nami already has an extending pole, though... and a rideable cloud (at least Linlin can ride it), so if Oda is going for a Sun Wukong reference she is already two steps ahead of Luffy.
    The duo that defeated Cracker might return

What if BB will use his devil fruit on a ancien weapon as god Ener used his devil fruit on that ship?
    Do you think Nami and Luffy will defeat someone in wano's arc? Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Kzmrlo View Post
    What if BB will use his devil fruit on a ancien weapon as god Ener used his devil fruit on that ship?
    Do you think Nami and Luffy will defeat someone in wano's arc? Who?
    If this is Oda, blink twice

Also, I don't think a team up is impossible in Wano

Another reason why it's possible Luffy will get a pole as a weapon is because he used to battle with a pipe when he was a kid, making him have a little bit of skill when it comes to using a pole.

Where was Ace's pole when he needed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Where was Ace's pole when he needed it?
    It melted because of his df.

Yeah I was gonna say that too, but Luffy is also based a lot of Sun Wukong in particular, like the fact Luffy resembles him by being an anti-god who is against the gods (Tenryuubitos). The same goes to Zoro(Ashura) and Sanji(Satan).
    do you get french ?
    check that out for the demon crew theory;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFBw2OJ3Xw

o
    r here in english but less well made;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jKuF6Ppr8
    Last edited by O baba; August 6th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

This theory about Luffy getting a pole is very interesting, although I don't see it happening for aesthetic reasons (it would change Luffy's iconic fighting style).

That said, that would be a really good use for Luffy's awakening, since it doesn't seem very productive to transform the floor and walls into rubber (unless Luffy intends to bounce around like Bellamy).

Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    do you get french ?
    check that out for the demon crew theory;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFBw2OJ3Xw

o
    r here in english but less well made;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jKuF6Ppr8
    Thanks for the videos. Also, Nico Robin resembles the "anti-god" part by her epithet "Devil Child".

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    This theory about Luffy getting a pole is very interesting, although I don't see it happening for aesthetic reasons (it would change Luffy's iconic fighting style).

That said, that would be a really good use for Luffy's awakening, since it doesn't seem very productive to transform the floor and walls into rubber (unless Luffy intends to bounce around like Bellamy).
    It could go similar with what happens with Trunks from Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball Super. He posses a sword, but he doesn't fights with the sword all the time. He only uses it to finish of his foes; like what happened with Frieza.

Therefore, he could use his pole to finish off his foes or use it to deal strong strikes with it.

Here I give you a fanmaded "Gear 5 Luffy" and his usage with his pole(Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...gear_5_part_1/):

It melted because of his df.
    Doesn't seems to bother Sabo though.

Doesn't seems to bother Sabo though.
    Maybe because of his haki, which Ace probably didn't know how to use before melting his pole.

You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.
    To be fair, Katakuri used a trident.

To be fair, Katakuri used a trident.
    To be fair, he had a terrible use of his foresight.

After this chapter it feels like we're going to fast forward through most of the 8 days before the big battle. I don't see any way another act could come between the events of this chapter and the climax.

We have Law's situation, Zoro going after his sword, Big Mom's fate after this clash, Kawamatsu's whereabouts, Luffy recovering, Franky fixing up the ships, Kid going after the rest of his crew, and other loose ends like minks and possibly Jinbe finally coming into the fold. But I don't see much of that being expanded upon to warrant another act. So I'm thinking Act 3 is going to be even longer than this one and then the usual post-arc stuff which may or may not fill another act.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    After this chapter it feels like we're going to fast forward through most of the 8 days before the big battle. I don't see any way another act could come between the events of this chapter and the climax.

We have Law's situation, Zoro going after his sword, Big Mom's fate after this clash, Kawamatsu's whereabouts, Luffy recovering, Franky fixing up the ships, Kid going after the rest of his crew, and other loose ends like minks and possibly Jinbe finally coming into the fold. But I don't see much of that being expanded upon to warrant another act. So I'm thinking Act 3 is going to be even longer than this one and then the usual post-arc stuff which may or may not fill another act.
    We're definitely not skipping most of it. People said the same thing when the arc got underway, that they didn't see how the alliance would survive these two weeks to begin with, especially after Kaido destroyed Luffy, yet we're already several days in with Luffy now having control of the Udon prison.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information