+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Infinity Train

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Default Re: Infinity Train

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    The first five episodes of Book 3 are out on HBO Max and they're a doozy.
    Do they have the first two seasons as well? I missed them when they first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Do they have the first two seasons as well? I missed them when they first came out.
    Yes they do! Infinity Train was one of the first shows on HBO Max and it's well worth watching the whole thing through.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Yes they do! Infinity Train was one of the first shows on HBO Max and it's well worth watching the whole thing through.
    Alright, thanks! I was really interested in the pilot and trailers, but missed its run and had trouble finding it anywhere later, lol

I've watched the first two episodes, but an Internet video spoiled what happens to one of the characters for me, so...yeah, doozy indeed.

S3 is enjoyable, because I didn't liked the Apex gang last season.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

I still don't like them, haha.
    Spoiler:
    I may be able to change my mind about Grace if she really is redeemed and doesn't have a redemption rejection, but, probably like most viewers out there, I just want Simon to fuckin' die horribly, painfully, and all alone, at this point. Haha.

Even as I knew it was coming, my face after what he did must have looked something like D=

That being said, I am loving the season itself. Hazel is so adorable. As is Tuba. (Poor Tuba.)
    Hidden:

Has Turnip made a comeback yet?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Dont you mean Tulip?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Dont you mean Tulip?
    Yes of course. Here is my 16 characters.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Yes of course. Here is my 16 characters.
    But to answer your question, no, she has not. (Debated putting that in spoiler tags, but considering her story seemed pretty solidly over and there's not much expectation of her coming back, it doesn't really seem like much of a spoiler to me to confirm that she has, in fact, not come back, haha.)

I do miss her, though, and her companions. I've loved all the seasons so far, but Tulip, One-One, and Atticus remains my favorite group of main characters.
    Hidden:

Well, that was season

Spoiler:
    Holy shit Simon's death was brutal. I mean, if this was still airing on Cartoon Network I'm not sure they could've gotten away with that.

A part of me hoped he would eventually see the light, but...yeah, nah. Once he killed Tuba there really wasn't any going back for him.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

That finale was intense as hell! I really hope this does well enough to encourage HBO to greenlight more Books.

Spoiler:
    The Gohm that killed Simon, it started to gain some color. It was vaguely redish with what looked like the Apex squiggle running along its side. I am very intrigued.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Unfortunately show is on the ropes, HBO and CN are in doubt if they intend to green lit another book given that they are feeling the thematic to be too mature.
    Most of the current staff already moved to new projects.

I just finished watching season 2 and I have to say, Mirror Tulip ended up with possibly the worst ending.

There is absolutely no way she lives a happy life in the real world. Jesse's baggage even hinted at this, by depicting how cruel people could be just to fit in.

How did she think that she could have any semblance of a happy life in the real world? as a weird reflection thing.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I just finished watching season 2 and I have to say, Mirror Tulip ended up with possibly the worst ending.

There is absolutely no way she lives a happy life in the real world. Jesse's baggage even hinted at this, by depicting how cruel people could be just to fit in.

How did she think that she could have any semblance of a happy life in the real world? as a weird reflection thing.
    I don't know how you could reach that conclusion at all. On the most basic level, being on the train is a horrifying experience for any number of reasons and there's nothing to suggest that the life one could live there is actually good at all, but on top of that Lake's entire arc is about her finding a way off. As long as she lived on the train, she could never truly confirm if she was real or not, and that was eating at her from within. In many ways it could be said that her story resembles coming out of the closet. Lake grapples with her identity, and only through having it acknowledged can she truly be comfortable with who she is (she even chooses her own name when she comes out). In that way, her staying on the train would be like staying in the closet. Sure she wouldn't face any of the risks of leaving, but she would never be happy with herself either. Not to mention Jessie's on the outside to help her and she also wants to be with him.

Gosh Simon was insufferable.

I don't know how you could reach that conclusion at all. On the most basic level, being on the train is a horrifying experience for any number of reasons and there's nothing to suggest that the life one could live there is actually good at all, but on top of that Lake's entire arc is about her finding a way off. As long as she lived on the train, she could never truly confirm if she was real or not, and that was eating at her from within. In many ways it could be said that her story resembles coming out of the closet. Lake grapples with her identity, and only through having it acknowledged can she truly be comfortable with who she is (she even chooses her own name when she comes out). In that way, her staying on the train would be like staying in the closet. Sure she wouldn't face any of the risks of leaving, but she would never be happy with herself either. Not to mention Jessie's on the outside to help her and she also wants to be with him.
    I don't know, the train isn't really that horrifying for the train denizens and unlike human passengers, she would have no actual things to want to go back to.

I pretty much looked at her choice from face value. She looks weird. She can't feel any physical sensations. Her body is made of metal and contains metallic properties. She's weird. And in a world where people are discriminated against and hated simply because their skin tone is a little bit of a different shade from others. I fail to see how she could have a happy normal life in that world.

At least on the train, no one other than flecs bothered her, and everyone pretty much accepts you for who you are.
    I guess you can look at it from a metaphorical perspective and think of it as a coming out story.

At the time, I just interpreted the story at face value. The show never depicted Mirror tulip's journey as a sexual identity kind of thing. In fact she seemed like she fully understood herself waay back in season 1.
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

In season 1 Lake knew she wasn't Tulip, but in season 2 her sense of self was put into question by her pursuers. Just about everything starting with the Lucky Cat Car shook her sense of identity. and she spent the rest of the season so insecure and disturbed by her identity crisis that she took some pretty drastic measures to confirm her truth. It's clear that confirming her reality was worth confronting whatever consequences doing so would make her face.

Relating it to coming out is to say that even if doing so causes some amount of pain, the relief of being able to live comfortably as yourself is worth facing that for. But even then, I think it's a huge leap to think that Lake maybe dealing with bullying is the worst end for her compared to spending an eternity on a terrifying death train that everyone is trying to escape from unsure if she's real or some lesser existence subservient to the passengers. Not to mention that escaped passengers aren't guaranteed not to run into those issues or worse ones either in the outside world. At the very least it's bizarre to suggest that Lake achieving the thing she'd been striving for and getting to be with a person she really liked is at all a bad ending.

In season 1 Lake knew she wasn't Tulip, but in season 2 her sense of self was put into question by her pursuers. Just about everything starting with the Lucky Cat Car shook her sense of identity. and she spent the rest of the season so insecure and disturbed by her identity crisis that she took some pretty drastic measures to confirm her truth. It's clear that confirming her reality was worth confronting whatever consequences doing so would make her face.

Relating it to coming out is to say that even if doing so causes some amount of pain, the relief of being able to live comfortably as yourself is worth facing that for. But even then, I think it's a huge leap to think that Lake maybe dealing with bullying is the worst end for her compared to spending an eternity on a terrifying death train that everyone is trying to escape from unsure if she's real or some lesser existence subservient to the passengers. Not to mention that escaped passengers aren't guaranteed not to run into those issues or worse ones either in the outside world. At the very least it's bizarre to suggest that Lake achieving the thing she'd been striving for and getting to be with a person she really liked is at all a bad ending.
    Fair point.

Although, I still think from a logical point of view, she would have had a more fullfilling life living on the train(which is not as horrible as you are making it out to be) than in the real world.

Also, boiling down my argument to simple bullying is a bit disingenous. We both know that discrimination can have devastating effects on a person's mental, physical and spiritual health.

Lake, would be completely discriminated against in the real world 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Fair point.

Although, I still think from a logical point of view, she would have had a more fullfilling life living on the train(which is not as horrible as you are making it out to be) than in the real world.

Also, boiling down my argument to simple bullying is a bit disingenous. We both know that discrimination can have devastating effects on a person's mental, physical and spiritual health.

Lake, would be completely discriminated against in the real world 100%.
    Lake was discriminated against on the train. By the Apex and by the systems of the train itself. The Apex and the Flecks both wanted to kill her for her existence.

Making light of discrimination isn't my point, but it's out of scope of Lake's narrative and compared to the whole spectrum of existential threats she faced on the train it's pretty inconsequential.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information