+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 894: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''

Default Re: 894: ''He'll Definitely Come - The Land of Wano's Legend of Ace!''

To be fair, Ace had never given a damn about the problem of a Country. He didn't care about Ryugu, nor he did about Alabasta.
    Besides, his target at that time was Whitebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Because nakama and all...
    Also the fact, it’s extremely difficult to get to Wano even if you know how...

Well we still have to know the nature of Whitebeard and Kaido relationship. We know they were in the "Locks" crew together,and we know that Kaido tried to stop Whitebeard during the road to Marineford. When we will know more about Locks,we could understand why he did nothing (and if he really did nothing) about Wano.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Anyone else notice how Ace lit all his friends on fire when he untied his ropes? Brutal.

Aya Komaki did an excellent episode, really, and although there wasn't much action, I liked it a lot. It was like a small slice of life inside One Piece, but it felt good. And see the flashbacks where X Drake was and then Ace was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I still ask myself what Ace, who has been reckless as fuck, never tried to do something about Kaidou and Wano.

Or maybe it will be brought up later
    When I read that part in the manga, I also asked myself the same thing.
    It seemed strange to me that Ace did'nt do anything at that moment, but what we have seen of him in Wano really is little information and for that reason we don't know if he had the intention to do something or not.

I understand that he didn't intervene in the situation of Ryugu Kingdom because at that time his main objective was Whitebeard (novel A) and that he didn't intervene in Arabasta's situation because he was engaged in hunting Blackbeard ... He also had no ties of friendship with the people of those countries like Luffy, but of course, in Wano he did make friends with people like Tama, and that's why I think he wasn't indifferent to the situation in the country, which made Tama and others suffer (Ace it wasn't what was left of arms crossed if his friends or nakamas were in problems).
    Surely there was something important that limited Ace to doing something for the country at that moment, but we still don't know what really happened (whether he wanted to do something or not, or whether he did something or not).

Stranger I think that Whitebeard at the time hasn't been done anything by Wano, because he did meet Oden. I think Marco's message to Nekomamushi has something to do with it (the issue of Whitrbeard and Ace in Wano).

Anyway, what I say is speculation, and I think Oda will answer those questions later in the manga (maybe)
    Last edited by Sunita; July 21st, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

I mean, there’s plenty that could’ve happened off screen. Most likely Ace realized Kaido was just too strong for him to take on and he had other priorities. Or maybe his capital didn’t want him to bother Kaido. Probably Ace isn’t stupid enough to take on an Emperor alone.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Back to the episode: I was weirded out By the filter used on Otama’s meal prep scene. It felt like that filter should’ve been used for the flashback instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Back to the episode: I was weirded out By the filter used on Otama’s meal prep scene. It felt like that filter should’ve been used for the flashback instead...
    Now that you mention it, it's a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I mean, there’s plenty that could’ve happened off screen. Most likely Ace realized Kaido was just too strong for him to take on and he had other priorities. Or maybe his capital didn’t want him to bother Kaido. Probably Ace isn’t stupid enough to take on an Emperor alone.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

While it is a bit reminiscent of flashback effects and can now sort of see what you mean, I think it is distinctly different with, with it having qualities like the imperfections on the edges of the faded frame(the yellow spots) that lend giving the action of Otama cooking the rice a more ceremonial feeling.

Just my take.

One Piece Episode 895 Preview (Filler) - 30s

Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post
    One Piece Episode 895 Preview (Filler) - 30s

I hate filler...

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

That is some jarring placement for filler. Why in the world could they not do this before they entered Wano?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    That is some jarring placement for filler. Why in the world could they not do this before they entered Wano?
    Dumb filler placement has happened before, such as the samurai episodes, or little east blue(which was strong world filler).

As an outspoken anime defender, it's not something I'm fond of myself as well, but at the very least it's gonna allow the manga-anime gap to increase.

I also wished they could have axed it but sadly these subpar movie tie-in fillers are pretty much mandatory at this point.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

how many episodes of filler are we getting?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    how many episodes of filler are we getting?
    Two episodes, I believe.

It's gonna be 2 eps only.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Those movie related-fillers are aired exactly before the movie release, so their schedule depends only on that.

I've been playing catch-up after going on vacation this past week and finally got around to watching this episode today. If I remember right Studio GUTS completely sat the Reverie out and it looks like they spent that time cooking up a real beaut of an episode. No real flashy animation like the last two weeks but really, really gorgeous art, coloring, and composition work. Komaki is in a league of her own when it comes to that sort of thing. This was also one of those instances that have been very frequent as of late where the anime's slower pacing works to its advantage in properly fleshing out the content it's adapting. I remember this part of the manga going by way too quickly (Hitetsu's introductory scene was basically a wall of text if I recall) and that colored my perception of the following story material since I didn't really care much for the character's involved (plus the whole overused saccharine little kid that we're supposed to pity trope).

Nice seeing Nakatani back in the animation director's chair after like six years. I don't think it's going to become a regular thing since she's apparently an animation director for an upcoming Pretty Cure movie, but then apparently Isochi's also doing character design for some upcoming anime so ?? If Isochi's taking a break from the show maybe Shingo Fujisaki or Natsuki Watanabe can fill in since they both have AD experience on the show...?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    ...maybe Shingo Fujisaki...?
    Don't you dare to make me any hope...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information