+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Roronoa Zoro falls into the sea" special chapter drawn by Boichi (Dr. Stone, Origin)

Default Re: "Roronoa Zoro falls into the sea" special chapter drawn by Boichi (Dr. Stone, Ori

I wonder who will be next in the cover comic project and the chapters chosen. Murata redrawing the end of Crocodile fight would be cool.

Default Re: "Roronoa Zoro falls into the sea" special chapter drawn by Boichi (Dr. Stone, Ori

There was an announcement of a MHA x OP spinoff, but it didn't seem to be the second chapter of this project.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Every volume redrawn by a different artist, from volume 1 to current. Let‘s go!
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    There was an announcement of a MHA x OP spinoff, but it didn't seem to be the second chapter of this project.
    Its not a One Piece X MHA spin-off.

Both are just getting Spin-Offs

Basically a rehash done by a different artist. No need for me to read it.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Is it bad that this makes me want to see a Tite Kubo version of this chapter?

Spoiler:

Man i really liked this, illustrates how influential the art style can be, was awesome.

I hope this is actually a regular thing, with different artists drawing their favorite chapters or something, who knows.

Soba mask needs spinoff too, he is like the perfect guy for this type of project. Even more with germa as comic strip characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Kubo should do Zoro vs Mr 1. The backgrounds in that fight were already pretty sparse.

Last edited by Tarek; July 22nd, 2019 at 02:14 AM. Reason: I forgot to add Boichi's comment.

I consider this ch 51-52. If this continues

Posuka Demizu 138-139

Akira Amano 512-513

Gege Akutami 484-485

Togashi 298-299

Kubo 397-398

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Not at all, and considering they are gonna do multiple chapters by different artists, maybe he will be one of them.

I need Kentaro Yabuki on one of them bath scene chapters, lmao.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I've created this little comparison between Eiichiro Oda's version and Boichi's version now that we have digital RAW

Chapter 51: "Roronoa Zoro falls into the sea"

Chapter cover.

Spoiler:

Mihawk uses his little dagger and stops Zoro's “Oni Giri”.

Spoiler:

Zoro keeps attacking Mihawk.

Spoiler:

Zoro remembers his past and Mihawk calls him "wimpy".

Spoiler:

Zoro uses “Tora Gari” and Mihawk stabs his dagger in Zoro's chest.

Spoiler:

Mihawk asks Zoro his name and then he draws his “Kokutou”.

Spoiler:

Zoro uses “San Zen Se Kai” but Mihawk defeats him. Mihawk cuts Zoro.

Spoiler:

Chapter 52: "Oath"

Color Spread.

Spoiler:

Luffy attacks Mihawk.

Spoiler:

Mihawk avoids Luffy.

Spoiler:

Mihawk tells Luffy that Zoro's still alive.

Spoiler:

Mihawks' speech, then Luffy and Mihawk talk.

Spoiler:

Zoro's oath to Luffy.

Spoiler:

this just makes me wonder what Oda would change if he were to redraw the first hundred chapters with his current skill as an artist as well as the current knowledge of where the story is right now.

More forshadowing? Better inclusion of the current version of Haki? actual backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    this just makes me wonder what Oda would change if he were to redraw the first hundred chapters with his current skill as an artist as well as the current knowledge of where the story is right now.

More forshadowing? Better inclusion of the current version of Haki? actual backgrounds?
    Would definitely have to be earlier emphasis on haki being present from top tiers like Shanks and Mihawk.

Shanks used CoC in the first chapter. If he did it consciously or not, idk. I feel like Haki was handled the right way without spoiling it.

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I wonder who will be next in the cover comic project and the chapters chosen. Murata redrawing the end of Crocodile fight would be cool.
    That would be nice...but let him focus on One Punch it's getting soooo good right now.

Got today my Weekly Shonen Jump #34/2019!!

New comparison, this time between Weekly Shonen Jump #34/2019 and Weekly Shonen Jump #37-38/1998 that I have in my collection

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information