+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel TV Series Thread

Default Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fuck that wasn't right that was my man pots and pans.RIP

Great episode though.

Your sig man. I hope it's true. Glad to know what we're supposed to expect from the rest of the show, finally.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

How long until we see the Inhumans Royal Family?

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    How long until we see the Inhumans Royal Family?
    My guess, November 2nd, 2018.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I really hope we won't get to see too many Inhumans pop up suddenly from here on out. I really like The Flash and the villain of the week works very well on that show but Agents of Shield has managed to create its own characters and its own plot without overly relying on any comic book source material (at least that's my impression, I'm not a comic book reader). So I'd like for that to keep being the center of the show.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    My guess, November 2nd, 2018.
    So the movie itself then guess i've have to settle for mentions then

yeah I don't imagine seeing them until we get closer to the movie which is years away.

I finally saw the Midseason Finale, and overall loved it.

Glad we FINALLY have answers to the whole Skye situation... but...

Spoiler:
    Why Trip?! WHYYYYY?!?!?!
    He was one of my favorite characters. I liked him since his intro during the whole Hydra infiltration situation. I felt he was basically what Ward should have been had he not gone bad and became interesting from that.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I finally saw the Midseason Finale, and overall loved it.

Glad we FINALLY have answers to the whole Skye situation... but...

Spoiler:
    Why Trip?! WHYYYYY?!?!?!
    He was one of my favorite characters. I liked him since his intro during the whole Hydra infiltration situation. I felt he was basically what Ward should have been had he not gone bad and became interesting from that.

have faith Rin
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Maybe they are going to maybe use this whole In-humans thing as a basis for meta-humans in this universe who have special powers??

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Maybe they are going to maybe use this whole In-humans thing as a basis for meta-humans in this universe who have special powers??
    Since they can't use mutants, yes that seems logical.

So I finally started to watch shield this week and have caught up, I didnt want to watch since I saw a lot of people bashing it.

Anyway even though I dont know much about DC I find the DC series to be a lot better than this.

I also find it weird how everyone seems to be surprised by aliens, magic, mutates, special abilities basicly when atleast Coulson should know all of that happens, " oh magic that can't be real!" when the marvel universe has a shitload of sorcerors and everyone know magic exists, they are aware of hulk, thor, etc but are like "oh that can't be real how can someone do that!".

Its like I'm watching Flash and the "meta humans" started appearing and people didnt know about them, they are surprised but being suprised/incredulous at something you know exists is kinda stupid, it annoys me everytime they have that dumb reaction.

Also from what I've watched Skye is supposed to be Zalbo daughter isn't she just supposed to be a mutate not an inhuman? I guess they are using the inhumans here because they are promoting them a lot recently.

I wish more marvel characters appeared but since the copywrights are split around that may be harder than in the DC series.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

It seems that Skye is supposed to be Quake who is indeed part Inhuman, the daughter of Mr. Hyde, as far as I know (only read the Marvel Wiki entry).

I know what you mean about them being so surprised all the time, although as you've said Coulson is the only one of them who's actually had experience face-to-face, and never magic (no precedent in the movieverse as of yet!) You said that Marvel has lots of sorcerers etc. and that's true, but not in the movieverse yet, so keep that in mind), and he's also always the guy who keeps some things hidden from the rest of the team for their own safety (his words not mine.)

I agree though that as a show, I prefer Arrow and Flash myself. However I still love AoS, and am usually much more excited about reveals there than the other two because it links to a grander scope.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

So I just marathoned the entire series. God, was season 1's first half such a CHORE, but season 2 has been a complete joy. Definitely went from a show I cared nothing at all about to "WHY ISNT MARCH HERE YET"

So is this the combined SHIELD / Agent Carter thread or should there be a seperate one?

But how did everyone like Agent Carter? I must admit it was a good representation of that era without coming off preachy and alienating people.
    Jarvis was a brilliant standout and Stark a great cameo.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

I guess it could be a combined thread for now because AoS isn't on anyway?

I expected to like it and I did. The core team (in the making) consisting of Carter and Jarvis is definitely highly likeable. And I'm always excited to see Enver Gjokaj again.
    Both episodes ended with an explosion which was almost repetitive and I didn't like the fight choreography accompanied by the radio show as much as most people seem to. But that's about it. Definitely a good show to have.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I guess it could be a combined thread for now because AoS isn't on anyway?

I expected to like it and I did. The core team (in the making) consisting of Carter and Jarvis is definitely highly likeable. And I'm always excited to see Enver Gjokaj again.
    Both episodes ended with an explosion which was almost repetitive and I didn't like the fight choreography accompanied by the radio show as much as most people seem to. But that's about it. Definitely a good show to have.
    The reason a lot of people (including me) loved that fight scene/radio show combo is because the radio show makes Carter out to be a helpless woman while we all know that isn't the case, especially with the background of post WWII America that clearly told women that they were valuable while the men were fighting but the second they came back it was get back into the kitchen.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    So is this the combined SHIELD / Agent Carter thread or should there be a seperate one?

But how did everyone like Agent Carter? I must admit it was a good representation of that era without coming off preachy and alienating people.
    Mods should just simply rename this thread the Marvel TV Thread
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post

I liked it way more than Shield, everyone was interesting and likable off the bat instead of mmh this can still get better.
    The tie ins were also more tasteful and felt relevant to what was going on.

Only thing was those grenades I feel like they were a bit too over the top. Like they're as impressive as anything we've seen in the present which feels a bit weird but no biggie.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information