+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

Default Re: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

Queen's confidence is probably more in the plague weapons, and assuming there are too many prisoners, Waiters, and Pleasures for Luffy and Hyo to handle as well. I doubt he would have been as confident in them if he knew about Raizo and Caribou sneaking around trying to free other prisoners, or the rest of BM's group arriving there.

Now Kawamatsu, and back then the reoccuring Frog person in multiple background shots in Totland, and of course Big News Morgans make me think of as of yet unnamed tribes of Amphibian people and bird people akin to merfolk and minks.

I hope we are for now done with Luffy, and he just trains his haki in the background while adding prisoners to the revolution. Because I want to see Big Mom meeting Kaido, Law fighting Hawkins, and whatever literally everyone else is up to.

No way we're done just yet with that Kiku cliffhanger. Maybe the chapter will also take the time to show what else is going on.

Do we get a chapter this week?thank you

We don't. Normal Oda break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Kiku being biologically male was a cool plot twist. I liked it. Our first truly transgender character. Instead of just a joke like the okama. Kawatasu being a kappa was alright. Overall, this chapter was okay but I hope the next one will be something much more exciting because I feel like the prison-based chapters are getting a little old. I would rather focus on Zoro's fight
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I've seen different kind of SMILE user abilities like fireballs and transforming parts of the body. Maybe Old Maid, Daifugo and other Headliners can do more more like Sheepshead. That can be a reason for why Queen is confident in them. I still don't think it's enough to leave just because BM
    Holy crap, you just gave me a thought: What if the fact that they can warp their weird new bodies into different shapes also makes them able to merge together (like One Piece's version of the Fusion Dance) and make Chimera-style SMILE beasts? That would be a way to boost their power to an appropriate level and also demonstrate the real horror of SMILEs since the 'side effect' is pretty lame considering the benefit of it.

Judging by the number of posts in this thread, this chapter was below regular, huh?

We waited long before Kawamatsu was finally revealed and it turned out..meh.
    O-Kiku being Izo 2.0 was..meh.
    Chopper not being recognized was at least honest.
    Overall one weaker chapter without much progression, just smaller already imminent details.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Overall one weaker chapter without much progression, just smaller already imminent details.
    Wait Izo was a guy?! How didnt I notice that...
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

How can i make impossible things possible ? Well, it's because my mind is free .
    Udon's plot is worth it just for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wano_Ryuuma View Post
    Judging by the number of posts in this thread, this chapter was below regular, huh?
    Have you checked the spoiler thread?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I think most arguments there had little to do with the quality of the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    I think most arguments there had little to do with the quality of the chapter.
    And he just argumented that the number of posts had to do with the quality of the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    "Izo 2.0" is a bit off, as he's never been identified with anything other than male pronouns. In fact, Izo has never even been outlined as an okama, even in his Vivre Card summary. I don't think Izo is transgender or even subscribes to the okama's specific genderfluid philosophy, I think he's just a dude who likes to crossdress. Kiku being actually trans makes her something new.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

Tottaly forgot... my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    "Izo 2.0" is a bit off, as he's never been identified with anything other than male pronouns. In fact, Izo has never even been outlined as an okama, even in his Vivre Card summary. I don't think Izo is transgender or even subscribes to the okama's specific genderfluid philosophy, I think he's just a dude who likes to crossdress. Kiku being actually trans makes her something new.
    I don't even get calling her that when Kiku is far more fleshed out than Izo, who we hardly know anything about as far as characterization goes.

Kawamatsu reminded me a bit if Frog from Chrono Trigger. And that was great for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    Wait Izo was a guy?! How didnt I notice that...
    Yeah White Beard doesn't allow women in his crew. Well women fighters cause he sure has a lot of lady nurses but they got sent away during the war. Thats just how he roles.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Well, Kikunojo seems to be widely known as man in Wano, so it could be the same for Izo. Plus they both seem to have the same inspiration of kabuki actors playing female roles. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some relation between the two.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information