+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 216

Thread: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

  1. #1

    Default One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)


    So after about five years another game in the Pirate Warriors musou franchise has been announced for all platforms coming next year. I might pick it up myself since I'll have a Switch by then and haven't played any musou games yet though I know other gamers are starting to suffer from musou fatigue at this point. It'll be nice to finally have the Whole Cake Island and beyond cast like Katakuri, Carrot, Big Mom, Capone (?) etc. playable in a game at least. Don't think there will be too much Wano since the merchandise follows the anime but we'll see.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  2. #2
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    The trailer for Pirate Warriors 4 looks very nice. I been really enjoying these series of games. I can't wait to see who are going to be the new characters this time around.

  3. #3

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    [ I might pick it up myself since I'll have a Switch by then and haven't played any musou games yet though I know other gamers are starting to suffer from musou fatigue at this point.
    I'll say I didn't bother with Emblem, Hyrule, PW3, or Legend Of Sanada.

    And I still haven't finished platinum DW8: Empires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  4. #4

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Will Bon Kurei and Wapol be playable this time. THey've been NPCs since the FIRST ONE.

    No? Okay. I just can't really care about watever random new characters they throw in when the old ones are failed so much.

    Katakuri is a shoo-in, I'm sure. As is Big Mom obviously.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  5. #5

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Five years since the last game. That might be the biggest gap between installments in a One Piece game series.

    It might be pointless to hope, but I really really really want this to be an evolution of PW3's gameplay.

  6. #6

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Finally! We've been waiting so long. I hope they include a huge roster this time

  7. #7

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Finally!!!

    I remember Robby saying this would be an annual series 5 years ago lol, that obviously didnt happen, I do hope we get one every two years though.

    -Katakuri
    -Kaido
    -Jack
    -Bartolomeo
    -Cavendish
    -Capone
    -Hawkins
    -Drake

    Are my picks for most likely new characters, and some females like Rebecca, Reiju or Pudding will most likely show up too.

    Im hoping for like 20 new playable characters, with some old non playables like Arlong, Hody, Wapol or Mr 2 becoming playable.

  8. #8

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Last year I binged and did every last thing in Fire Emblem Warriors. Currently I'm on Hyrule Warriors. Guess next year it'll be Pirate Warriors 4.

    I just hope they improve on the main cast's abilities, give Chopper all of his current forms for example. Mr. 2 and Mr. 3 (and the other long stays to be playable. Tho doubt it.) and give us some huge scale arcs on adventure mode please. Kinda like FE and Zelda had themed ones.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

  9. #9

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    I actually preferred OPW2 story mode to 3, and im hoping they will do something similar in 4.

  10. #10
    Discovered Stowaway fana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    I might be tempted as long as it's an original story. Also if they smarten up on some movesets like changing Chopper's running animation to his reindeer form instead of his half form that makes him look stupid.

  11. #11

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Finally!!!

    I remember Robby saying this would be an annual series 5 years ago lol, that obviously didnt happen, I do hope we get one every two years though.
    Well at the time they weren't also doing Hyrule, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Arslan, Berserk and Persona Warriors. There was no way to know they were going to pick up that many new licenses.

    And they were releasing a new numbered Dynasty game every two years with two midquels inbetween. Plus all the Samurai games. Plus all the Orochi games. They were basically doing five or six games a year within the franchises they had, so it made sense that they'd just do basically annual DLC. (Heck, Zelda has had three nearly annual releases)


    I wonder if that means a new Gundam Warriors is due anytime soon, that's the funnest franchise cause of the dashing and lasers.
    Last edited by Robby; July 6th, 2019 at 03:32 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  12. #12

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Give us Foxy. Only major arc villain pre-Dressrosa to have no appearance whosoever (also give us Vivi, thank you).

  13. #13
    Charismatic Awesome Joy Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greece

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Is that Kaido's club I see in the logo ?


  14. #14

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    New Screenshots Below-

    Looks like Kaido's Club and Law's Gamma Knife


  15. #15

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well at the time they weren't also doing Hyrule, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Arslan, Berserk and Persona Warriors. There was no way to know they were going to pick up that many new licenses.

    And they were releasing a new numbered Dynasty game every two years with two midquels inbetween. Plus all the Samurai games. Plus all the Orochi games. They were basically doing five or six games a year within the franchises they had, so it made sense that they'd just do basically annual DLC. (Heck, Zelda has had three nearly annual releases)


    I wonder if that means a new Gundam Warriors is due anytime soon, that's the funnest franchise cause of the dashing and lasers.
    I think it has more to do with Koei waiting for new marketing opportunities, “the next big thing”, which wci with big mom and Katakuri and Wano with Kaido definitely provide.

    Unpopular opinion, but I would like Shiki, Zephyr and Tesoro playable, even if they take spots from real canon characters, I think it would make the world feel bigger and it is a good opportunity to go back to older characters and show us something new. I would also like flashback characters to be playable, but I think thats even less probable...

  16. #16

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Quote Originally Posted by NZH97 View Post
    Looks like Kaido's Club and Law's Gamma Knife
    I think that should be Napoleon in Combination with Zeus. So the Installment will focus on the two Emperors.

    I have to say that this got me very hyped. Burning Blood was okay-ish and World Seeker pretty disappointing. I know that the Pirate-Warriors-Series isn't the best game in terms of gameplay but I like the simple idea to slaughter my way through enemies with my favorite charakters. I pretty prefer that over the 1vs.1-Style from Burning Blood.

    Charakters, who are pretty obvious to be installed:
    Kaidou, Katakuri, Carrot, Capone, Germa 66 (not sure for Reiju and Judge), Fujitora, Bartolomeo

    Pretty likeable:
    Cavendish, Jack, Cracker

    Possible:
    Nekumamushi, Inuarashi, Perospero, Pica, Diamante, Trébol, Kinemon

    Personal Hopes:
    Monet, Basil Hawkins, Drake, Kalifa (at least as an NPC),

  17. #17
    Charismatic Awesome Joy Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greece

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brook-sama View Post
    I think that should be Napoleon in Combination with Zeus. So the Installment will focus on the two Emperors.

    I have to say that this got me very hyped. Burning Blood was okay-ish and World Seeker pretty disappointing. I know that the Pirate-Warriors-Series isn't the best game in terms of gameplay but I like the simple idea to slaughter my way through enemies with my favorite charakters. I pretty prefer that over the 1vs.1-Style from Burning Blood.

    Charakters, who are pretty obvious to be installed:
    Kaidou, Katakuri, Carrot, Capone, Germa 66 (not sure for Reiju and Judge), Fujitora, Bartolomeo

    Pretty likeable:
    Cavendish, Jack, Cracker

    Possible:
    Nekumamushi, Inuarashi, Perospero, Pica, Diamante, Trébol, Kinemon

    Personal Hopes:
    Monet, Basil Hawkins, Drake, Kalifa (at least as an NPC),
    Reiju will certainly be in


  18. #18

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Am really happy Pirate Warriors 4 is coming. I doubt it will follow the manga again, as they've already done it twice, but I wouldn't have an issue if they covered the new world Arcs again, but this time in close detail. Start from Sabaody to the end of Whole cake Island.

  19. #19
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    This is it. This is Vivi's chance! ;_;

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  20. #20

    Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

    Im sure Vivi will be playable this time, her popularity has risen since the reverie. Vivi, Reiju and Carrot are most likely the new ”waifu”, maybe Rebecca will join too if they expand Dressrosa.

    I have some oddballs I want playable that arent very likely at all, like Kyros with both toy and human form, and Leo with a ”the wonderful 101” -like play style.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts