+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

According to very first impressions by a spanish magazine, this game is more or less the same in terms of gameplay and technical prowess, but everything's a bit better. It plays better, the camera is better (still not perfect), the stages are improved, the boss fight against BM apparently is pretty cool, and Boundman feels good to play.

I had a much better time than I expected with Pirate Warriors 3, I played it a lot (I didn't complete it, though), so if this is the same, but more and better, I'm all in.

In terms of characters, I'd say Bege, Katakuri and Carrot are almost sure bets. I'm not particularly happy about the 4 germa brothers making it in. I think Reiju alone would've (and should've) sufficed. But, oh well. Yonji might be fun if they do some fun combos with his winch-like arm thingie, and Niji supposedly has ultra-high-speed movement, so maybe they can make them interesting. Ichiji apparently punches very hard and with some...light effects? Still, I would gladly exchange these three for some BM pirates, of which I'm afraid we'll only see Katakuri as a playable character. I'd be delighted to have Tamago, Perospero, Smoothie and/or Daifuku, but I'm not holding my breath.

Aside from these, anyone thinks we'll get someone else out of Dressrosa/Zou? I'd say Cavendish and Bartolomeo should get in. Maybe Baby 5? Maybe the rest of the Family can be assists (Seņor Pink swimming behind an enemy and supplexing it, why not). From Zou, I'd like to say Nekomamushi, even though he hasn't done much. Also, Pica and Jack in mammoth form as giant bosses, seeing how that will be a thing in this game?

And of course, 0 hope for Foxy or Bon.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    According to very first impressions by a spanish magazine, this game is more or less the same in terms of gameplay and technical prowess, but everything's a bit better. It plays better, the camera is better (still not perfect), the stages are improved, the boss fight against BM apparently is pretty cool, and Boundman feels good to play.

I had a much better time than I expected with Pirate Warriors 3, I played it a lot (I didn't complete it, though), so if this is the same, but more and better, I'm all in.

In terms of characters, I'd say Bege, Katakuri and Carrot are almost sure bets. I'm not particularly happy about the 4 germa brothers making it in. I think Reiju alone would've (and should've) sufficed. But, oh well. Yonji might be fun if they do some fun combos with his winch-like arm thingie, and Niji supposedly has ultra-high-speed movement, so maybe they can make them interesting. Ichiji apparently punches very hard and with some...light effects? Still, I would gladly exchange these three for some BM pirates, of which I'm afraid we'll only see Katakuri as a playable character. I'd be delighted to have Tamago, Perospero, Smoothie and/or Daifuku, but I'm not holding my breath.

Aside from these, anyone thinks we'll get someone else out of Dressrosa/Zou? I'd say Cavendish and Bartolomeo should get in. Maybe Baby 5? Maybe the rest of the Family can be assists (Seņor Pink swimming behind an enemy and supplexing it, why not). From Zou, I'd like to say Nekomamushi, even though he hasn't done much. Also, Pica and Jack in mammoth form as giant bosses, seeing how that will be a thing in this game?

I do think Cavendish and Barto deserve to be in, especially Bartos devilfruit should give fun gameplay and also Cavendish Hakuba Form could make him on of the fastest characters and probably on of the most fun.
    Iam not really sure if they would put in a Mink but besides Carrot i think Neko going by popularity could have a chance to be in, besides that people obviously hope for another Fishmen, Vivi, Ecki and so on.

Now we just need to wait for more revealed characters, how the stages look (which iam quite hyped for) and in what kind of way you are able to lv up your characters and those R1 techniques, but iam not sure if the Coin system from the previous Titles will return, we shall see.

Interesting, sounds great so far.
    I really like the new air attack combos, and the full burst/transformation mechanic.
    Carrot, Hawkins, Bege, Cavendish, Black Stealth would all be perfect for the new transformation mechanic.

I love the Pirate Warriors series, it's easily the best series in the One Piece game franchise. To be honest, if I have one complaint, they need to include more boss battles for the other straw hats, as Luffy has been pretty much the sole focus nearly.
    I really hope we see Zoro vs Pica and Franky vs Senor Pink. I'm glad Koji Nakajima is still the producer of this series, had the pleasure of interviewing him on 3 occasions, and he's a big fan of the series.

New Jump scan

Wow

Is that Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Reizu all playable character?

Nice

Seems like it, still waiting for gameplay from them

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post

I think Cracker might get in along with Katakuri. He had shown enough off to make a moveset off him.

It's a weird choice to show only gameplay of Reiju if they're announcing the whole gang.
    But the game is still more than half a year away, it could just be that they're still working on the brothers but made sense to introduce them all together.

Looks fluid, definitely an improvement.

New Jump scan about Carrot!!

The sulong form should be plenty of fun to play as but the lack of Pedro in the scan makes a bit sad.
    You'd think they'd announce the minks like they did with the Germa, all in one go, so now I don't see much hope for Pedro, Nekomamushi or Inuarashi.

Also, one week until the Tokyo Game Show.
    Hopping they'll reveal a bit more but it's quite possible that it will just be the same demo we saw on Gamescon.

Is that just magazine fluff or is one of her abilities Luffy coming in for an assist?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Is that just magazine fluff or is one of her abilities Luffy coming in for an assist?
    It could be Kizuna Rush.

Also, the game looks to be very WCI-heavy. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    It could be Kizuna Rush.

Also, the game looks to be very WCI-heavy. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...
    It's the newest material, they are going to cover that the most.

Since the merchandise always revolves around the anime the only Wano content I'm positive will get in is dragon!Kaido and Jack (by virtue of debuting earlier). Maybe they could make up move sets for Kinemon and Kanjuuro (maybe Raizo and Kiku) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Since the merchandise always revolves around the anime the only Wano content I'm positive will get in is dragon!Kaido and Jack (by virtue of debuting earlier). Maybe they could make up move sets for Kinemon and Kanjuuro (maybe Raizo and Kiku) but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    And Hawkins!
    Holdem might end up as an npc wbemy.
    I think Black stealth, Kid and Drake are possible too.

Right, I was mentally considering the Supernovas non-Wano material. I do expect at least Kid and Drake to become playable.

I think if the focus is "WCI and Early Wano", all the new characters should be...

*Playable*
    -Big Mom (Confirmed)
    -The Vinsmoke Siblings (Confirmed)
    -Carrot (Confirmed)
    -Katakuri
    -Cracker
    -Kaido
    -Jack
    -Kidd
    -Drake
    -Hawkins
    -Bege