+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Wow big mom is too good

From the Xbox one trailer description. I'm not sure if this is correct since none if the other trailers have it.

Also revealed today are 6 new playable characters joining Luffy:

Sanji Vinsmoke
    Jimbei
    Ichiji Vinsmoke
    Niji Vinsmoke
    Yonji Vinsmoke
    Reiju Vinsmoke

Hopefully Jinbe plays a little faster than he used to.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

His moveset does seem better than before at least.
    Hoping we get more than 6 new characters, and if we only get 6 new, I really dont want the getma to take 4 slots of the 6 new slots...

Does look nice. Luffy's moves are different from the previous games. I like the effort in changing movesets but I hope they somehow don't ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    His moveset does seem better than before at least.
    Hoping we get more than 6 new characters, and if we only get 6 new, I really dont want the getma to take 4 slots of the 6 new slots...
    Come on bro. People really should learn to gather informations before they "complain". They said that this game will have A the biggest roster and B two cmments over yours, it has beem stated that the revealed TODAY'S first 6 new characters

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    Come on bro. People really should learn to gather informations before they "complain". They said that this game will have A the biggest roster and B two cmments over yours, it has beem stated that the revealed TODAY'S first 6 new characters
    With the previous games rooster + Reiju it already has the series biggest rooster, that line is just marketing. If they said its the game with most new additional character id agree.
    But yrH, it does seem like those “new six characters” only refers to the characters being seen at gamescom, since it includes Sanji and Jinbei that arent new.

This is kinda a pointless thing to complain about four games in, but can they really not be bothered to actually update the characters' outfits by now? Luffy's GOAT white and red Whole Cake Island outfit will probably be DLC, sure, but can they finally get Jimbei out of that ugly Impel Down getup? His two post-timeskip outfits look much, much nicer.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Last edited by thaihoa91; August 20th, 2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    With the previous games rooster + Reiju it already has the series biggest rooster, that line is just marketing. If they said its the game with most new additional character id agree.
    But yrH, it does seem like those “new six characters” only refers to the characters being seen at gamescom, since it includes Sanji and Jinbei that arent new.
    Everybody should be aware, that neither Sanji nor Jinbe are new characters by themselves probably a refreshed moveset.

And it's actually peacounting, when somebody says "the previous game roster + Reiju" is already the biggest rooster for just marketing purpose. That would be a horrible marketing strategy. It's clearly understandable that the new characters were the first to be revealed.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Screenshots

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Designs

I didn't think all 4 Vinsmokes would get in. Guess it will go heavy on Whole Cake Island then. We've got hints for Katakuri and Big Mom is likely playable as well. Expecting Bege, Carrot and maybe Brulee to make it to playable as well then. Pudding has a 3D model here so I wonder if she might be playable or at least a crew member. I'm trying to think if any other character had a model but wasn't playable or a crew member. Maybe Vivi?

Wow Luffy gameplay looks spectacular. Also it will be a blast to play with Big Mom

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Well, at least Judge isn't playable. :P

Better version of the gameplay. The OSTs are still as good as ever.

That gameplay shows some new mechanics.
    We can now jump, incredible.

Jokes aside, the combo and attacks mechanics got a revamp I did not expect.
    Adding the jump mechanic seems to have either extended or at least uncluttered the move set.
    And they fused the R1 techniques of PW3 with the classic Circle Musou. I got high hopes for this bit, since one of the good things PW1 had was being able to swap between a ton of Luffy's specials. In that game it was only Luffy but I'm guessing in this one every character will have them, allowing for a bit of costumization.

No boxed maps to be found so far.
    PW1 got really boring since every stage was just a bunch of boxes but by PW3 I think they were finding a nice balance betwen the boxes and the larger map.
    We're also not seeing the full Whole Cake stage, it could work like Thriller Bark, where the forest had confusing pathways while the castle had the boxes.

No sight of crew assist either but the button map shows nothing assigned to the R2. It could be that or the transformation.
    I hope they haven't thrown away the crew aspect of the gameplay, it made sense for a OP game and it was fun.

And for those discussing the number of characters, you better count Sanji and Jimbe as new characters.
    This game is current gen only, unlike the last one which was PS3 and PS4, and comes after a 4/5 year gap in the series. They most likely had to work on/revamp all assets, including characters models and animations, to make it look as good as possible.
    Just because a character was playable before it doesn't cement their place in the roster this time. I can see Garp losing his place to someone else, like a supernova.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Even though the last PW game was 4-5 years ago, I doubt thatís the time theyíve been using to develop this new one. I read someone on gamefaqs saying this one began 02 years ago, when the the developers were contacted to develop a remaster version of some Bandai game. Makes sense when you think about the budget they probably are using for a game like this (spoiler: not high - and you can kinda see that trough the costumes and how stiff some of the characters still are in this preview; hell Jimbei clothes were more fluid in PW3!)

Iím inclined to believe that this ď6 new characters thingĒ is directed to the number of playable characters in the demo. If thatís the total amount of new characters in the new game, itís going to be big let down - donít know if Bandai cares, but it would be a 3rd let down when it comes to OP games in a row. Seems important from a marketing point of view to me.

Apparently the mid-air approach gets to increase the number of moves per character, I wonít be complaining about this one. Luffy is looking fun as hell! Couldnít help but to notice that most of his R1+ were from PTS, so maybe they are saving some juicy things for later. Also, two of the moves he used were from One pice Film movies, so Iím kinda hoping we get to increase the characters pool wit the likes of Shiko, Z, Tesoro ans Bullet. Reiju looks really swift and fun to play, canít wait to see more of her. Big Momís model is on point, but some of her moviments are kinda funny - hope we got to play as her. Even thought the game isnít touching half of what a PS4 is capable of doing, the game still looks beautiful. Anxious to know more about it.
    Last edited by puffing.cinema; August 20th, 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Oh, I didn't mean they were working on the game for five years, quite the opposite.

PW2 and PW3 were made one right after the other, they just had to build on top of the building blocks they already have. It was easier to make a sequel and make it feel bigger.
    For this one they took a long break, they had to go back and see what they could still use and rebuild half of it.

I'm guessing they updated the character models they already had and picked up new textures and effects more to the speed of a PS4. And I'm pretty sure they're using the same animations they already had, Luffy's moveset, although reinvigorated, looks about the same. Jimbe also showed a couple of repeats, like his special. And I'm pretty sure that Reiju's musou animation is the same Boa Hancock uses in her Love Arrow musou in PW.
    But that stills leaves out one third or maybe half of the current moveset, which was heavily altered, to re-do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information