+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Thread: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but One Piece Pirate Warriors 4: Deluxe Edition is available for a limited time on the ps store for 35, so the inevitable question arises: is it worth it? Deluxe edition, according to the description, means the 9 dlc characters are in. Is that a good deal, or better wait for PW5?
    I'd say it's a good deal. I got it last year for PC at a similar deal.

Overall, PW3 feels like the most complete experience, some thing click better.
    PW4 tries out a new system that can be fun, but since it drops a lot of the previous game, character, storywise, and even menu-wise (the islands in PW3 were cool), it stills end up feeling like the first entry in a new series rather than direct evolution of the PW3 system.
    But adding the DLC characters we get a lot of new comers, and they're fun.

And since we still have no news of a PW5 on the horizon, it's a good game to scratch some musou itches.

Personally I wouldn't mind a PW5 being just Wano, there are plenty of characters (most of them legends when we're counting the flashbacks and hit hurts nobody if you add a few other fan favorites), stages, armies, and progression to build a single game

Interesting, thanks a lot for the input!

I basically have to choose between this and 13 Sentinels, which has some pretty insane reviews, so yeah...might choose that one in the end? But I really enjoyed PW3 and genuinely wanted more of that, so yeah, hard decision here.

Even though, truth is...I shouldn't buy anything right now and focus on my studies.

Go with 13 Sentinels instead. The one piece "press attack button" game is fun and all, but 13 Sentinels is an experience.

Also PW3 had Moria and was the better game overall, and is only 9$ right now. Not as many new characters obviously, given that its 6 years old, but oh well.

Old school Koei I would say "just wait for part 5" because they did annual releases, but since they started doing more licensed titles their releases are further apart now. It's been 8 years since the last Gundam game and seems unlikely to ever be another.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

They cut WAY too much content out of this game. It's like only 4 or 5 arcs, and Wano wasn't even at the Raid when this game was developed.

I personally found PW3 to be pretty dull and boring. 4 turned that around and I liked it a lot more, it's just a shame I played it without bothering to wait for any dlc characters, and I'm not interested enough to go back to it. But to each their own I guess.

Interesting, thanks a lot for the input!

I basically have to choose between this and 13 Sentinels, which has some pretty insane reviews, so yeah...might choose that one in the end? But I really enjoyed PW3 and genuinely wanted more of that, so yeah, hard decision here.

Even though, truth is...I shouldn't buy anything right now and focus on my studies.
    I played both, and I enjoyed 13 sentinels more, crazy and exciting story, good characters, decent gameplay.

I actually even liked pw3 more than pw4, Im not sure why but I think the stages and missions were more fun to play through in pw3's dream and nightmare log.

Thanks guys for all the replies.

It does seem like 13 Sentinels is quite the experience (and it would also be my first Vanillaware experience...), and it's even cheaper, it costs like 20€ or something like that.

Might very well go with that one. Only thing bugging me is, as Robby said, back in the day there would be no doubt that a bigger and better PW5 would be a thing in a couple of years, but now, not so much...

Thanks guys for all the replies.

It does seem like 13 Sentinels is quite the experience (and it would also be my first Vanillaware experience...), and it's even cheaper, it costs like 20€ or something like that.

Might very well go with that one. Only thing bugging me is, as Robby said, back in the day there would be no doubt that a bigger and better PW5 would be a thing in a couple of years, but now, not so much...
    Just like with PW€ they need to take a few years break after every instalment to let the series progress a bit for new arcs and characters to be included, nothing to be worried about, as long as the games are selling we will get more.

User of the Gumdrop Rifle Rocko52's Avatar

I really enjoyed PW4 and grabbed PW3 for a low cost to get to eventually - both on PS4. It's not a deep game by any means though, it's fun and all but it really is just OP fanservice. I bought the character pass ages ago bc I knew I'd want all the DLC characters and didn't want to buy the individual packs. For a low price, I'd go for it - but if it's between PW4 and a more meaty "real" game (and 13 Sentinels sounds fantastic), I'd say skip PW4 for now. It's not going to get more expensive over time. It's not a complex game or one that I can see becoming a hard to find gem or anything.

I wish Omega Force would make a One Piece game like Persona 5 Strikers. A Straw Hats only action RPG that still retains the one-man-army musou combat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information