+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Default Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch, PS4, XBox One, PC; 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Its probably still too new, but we can hope.
    How is it still new? He showed up a year ago.

Also, no scan in this week's Weekly Jump?
    If not, I hope there's something in next week's V-Jump

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Idk, I think anything in Act 1 of Wano is fair game, including Blackbeard's new design. Sanji's raid suit is probably not in though

The Raid Suit might be fair game since it's shown in the anime's current opening but otherwise unless Toei or Shueisha shared design documents with Koei I wouldn't bet on seeing stuff like Drake's hybrid form or King or Queen.

The only time I remember the game's showing anything that had yet to debut in the anime was Kizaru and Kid being in Unlimited Cruise.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    https://honeysanime.com/one-piece-pi...9-impressions/

"One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 introduces yet another fun feature for fans to enjoy and thatís the option to now customize their favorite characters in their own unique way. We didnít get a chance to dive deeper into the customization system but from the costumes that we glanced at during gameplay, it seems that players will have some form of freedom in terms of dressing characters up in certain ways, and we assume youíll be able to unlock more items as you progress through the game. "

This sounds awesome, way more fun than collecting coins.
    Wonder if the costumes are arc accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    How is it still new? He showed up a year ago.

Also, no scan in this week's Weekly Jump?
    If not, I hope there's something in next week's V-Jump
    10 months ago, and we dont even have a color scheme of it.
    but if they make blackbeard show up in the wano stage id think its possible.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Wonder if the costumes are arc accurate.
    I hope, at least for Luffy he could collect the same outfit but with different colors to make in arc accurate.

No one really gives that much though to color schemes.
    There's always differences between the colors of the manga and the anime, no matter what series.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

That... doesnt look good.

Looks like a placeholder cover.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

that's lazy as f*** kkkk

President of Kobistan KaiserKobi's Avatar

Made an account to say that I am just a teeny bit glad characters aren't coming back. I also watched the Ichiji gameplay and he uses Niji and Yonji as some combo ending moves/special moves- so the other two may be playable within Ichiji thankfully.

Why I'm glad they are taking out characters:

1.) If you simultaneously confirm that it will be over 40, the most characters in a PW game, AND that you are removing characters- that means enough new characters must be added to due to needing more new characters to hit the threshold.

2.) Because dear god I need more chances for Kobi to get in the game, it hurt seeing him with a model and partial kit within PW3, I had to mod and play with a limited moveset Kobi.

Other things I noticed just going through the gameplays and interviews.

1.) We may unlock enough moves to change the R1 + Face button moves or at least level them up.

2.) We may have lost combos that start with triangle for the air combos and characters with set combo types. Pausing the Zoro gameplay showed he was a type of character that had multiple triangles but less squares that ended with triangle. Carrot had one triangle per but had more square attacks that ended with triangle (like 7 rather than the traditional 4).

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

The cover of the first game sucked. It was just Luffy throwing a punch with a concerned Ace in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    That is clearly the cover of video game, yes. I'll bet there's a disk in there and everything. It's probably a PS4 game.

These games can be fun, but they're really lazy where they can get away with it. That's nothing new though.

The same gameplay videos as the ones shown during the TGS, but this time played by a competent player! He's trying pretty much every move, both on ground and air. I saw some attacks I didn't actually see in the gameplay videos from the TGS. He's really doing justice to the gameplay, it's looking extremely fluid and dynamic! And Kuzan? God, he's insane!

Luffy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90vUHDePQkY

Ichiji: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWMKnBt9ng

Zoro: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a76_ryBZIcs

Kuzan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=czDAsZF3Ayw
    Last edited by Velvet; September 23rd, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

President of Kobistan KaiserKobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    The same gameplay videos as the ones shown during the TGS, but this time played by a competent player! He's trying pretty much every move, both on ground and air. I saw some attacks I didn't actually see in the gameplay videos from the TGS. He's really doing justice to the gameplay, it's looking extremely fluid and dynamic! And Kuzan? God, he's insane!

Luffy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90vUHDePQkY

Ichiji: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWMKnBt9ng

Zoro: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a76_ryBZIcs

Kuzan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=czDAsZF3Ayw

So happy to see someone who can actually play the game. Ichiji having the brothers in his moveset but not too intrusive on his combos is exactly what I wanted, he may be the best newcomer! Luffy is nuts now too! Needs Vivi and Kobi!

Keep in mind though that when the Germa 66 members were revealed in that WSJ scan, it was said "Play as each of the Germa 66 members!!", so just because we can see Ichiji's brothers for a brief moment in one or two of his attack(s), that doesn't mean that he's the only one playable. They could very well do the same treatment for his brothers.

Unless it's officially confirmed, there's no reason to think they aren't their own characters with a complete moveset. I mean, we aren't playing as them when they pop up within Ichiji's attack(s), that's completely different. To me, that sentence in the WSJ scan made it very clear that they were playable as well.
    Last edited by Velvet; September 24th, 2019 at 01:42 AM.
    Nefertari Vivi and Monet for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4!

We can always hope! I'd be mad if all the brother makes it in instead of character like Capone, Bartolomeo or Cavendish... Capone is really the most deserving character to make it after Katakuri, Big Mom and Carrot imo.

Furthermore, Ichiji's description in that character select screen says nothing about his brothers, it's just about him and his fighting style. I don't want to be the Devil's advocate but all signs indicate that they're all separate characters of their own. We'll just have to wait and see, but personally, I don't see them being a package (three characters in one).

On another hand, Sky type being a thing in this game (IIRC, the other ones being Speed, Power and Technique), it gives me hope that Monet could be playable this time. She's perfect for this considering that she's a harpy and has wings, plus I bet she could be extremely fun to play as. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Velvet; September 24th, 2019 at 02:55 AM.
    Nefertari Vivi and Monet for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Furthermore, Ichiji's description in that character select screen says nothing about his brothers, it's just about him and his fighting style. I don't want to be the Devil's advocate but all signs indicate that they're all separate characters of their own. We'll just have to wait and see, but personally, I don't see them being a package (three characters in one).

On another hand, Sky type being a thing in this game (IIRC, the other ones being Speed, Power and Technique), it gives me hope that Monet could be playable this time. She's perfect for this considering that she's a harpy and has wings, plus I bet she could be extremely fun to play as. Fingers crossed!
    yeah i mean she has a logia, so much she could do with that
    also would love vergo.

My two cents of the best choice for 45 characters:

Confirmed: 14
    Luffy
    Zoro
    Sanji
    Chopper
    Nami
    Usopp
    Robin
    Franky
    Brook
    Jimbei
    Big Mom
    Aokiji
    Carrot
    ichiji

Most likely : 19
    Whitebeard
    Kaido
    Blackbeard (pre/post)
    Fujitora
    Akainu
    Kizaru
    Smoker
    Ace
    Crocodile
    Enel
    Sabo
    Ceasar
    Katakuri
    Marco
    Mihawk
    Kuma
    Boa
    Law
    Doflamingo
    Lucci

34 Total (most probably all will be included)

Most likely for the next characters:
    Monet
    Magellan
    Inuarashi
    Nekomamushi
    Jack

That totals to 39

5 more imo:
    Id love to play as

Perospero
    Vergo
    Some dofla commanders
    Vista/Jozu

Who would you want to play with?
    Last edited by LordEnel; September 24th, 2019 at 03:21 AM.

You didnt list Capone, Bartolomeo or Cavendish? :(

Except for those three, id also want some less popular choices like Sai, Diamante, Paulie, Mr 1, Wiper, Hody, old eastblue villains, Jozu and more haha

Hawkins is confirmed in the game, I hope he is playable, his move set would look very visually cool with things like the straw sword, magic cards, huge voodoo doll and stuff.

But Im most looking forward to a playable Capone, ranged moveset, tank legs for dash, summoning waves of acavalry, big father super attacks or even transformation, so much fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information