+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 204

Thread: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

  1. #1
    Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

    Default Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Volume 94 will be out on Oct 04 2019 !



  2. #2
    Not a Traitor Starrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East Blue

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Time for O-Lin & Queen together at cover

  3. #3

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Still got nearly half the volume's chapters to come out, so it's way soon for predictions, but a Big Mom focus wouldn't shock me one bit. I could even see "O-Lin" as the title if nothing better comes up in the next few chapters.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Luffy training while BM and Kaidou loom in the background.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  5. #5

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Luffy training while BM and Kaidou loom in the background.
    luffy already training in volume 93

  6. #6

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by silver_planet View Post
    luffy already training in volume 93
    It´s a long process, dude :)
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  7. #7

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    As I see it, there's a few options for ending this volume. Chapter 951 would be a fantastic ending, but nine chapters makes for too short a book. They could pad it out with the Boichi chapter, but to be honest I'd prefer they didn't. If there's a plan to do more of those it might be best to keep them isolated and collected into their own volume. Ten chapters is the minimum then, but 952 is not the kind of note volumes usually end on. So it looks like we're getting at least one, maybe two more before this one wraps up.

    I've done another quick mock up cover, which I could have to change in the coming weeks, given how much of the volume is still to come out.

    Spoiler:



    It would have been nice to have the parting clouds from the Emperors' clash behind the title, but the existing panels for it just didn't really work how I wanted. I think the broad idea of the layout comes across anyway.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    As I see it, there's a few options for ending this volume. Chapter 951 would be a fantastic ending, but nine chapters makes for too short a book. They could pad it out with the Boichi chapter, but to be honest I'd prefer they didn't. If there's a plan to do more of those it might be best to keep them isolated and collected into their own volume. Ten chapters is the minimum then, but 952 is not the kind of note volumes usually end on. So it looks like we're getting at least one, maybe two more before this one wraps up.

    I've done another quick mock up cover, which I could have to change in the coming weeks, given how much of the volume is still to come out.

    Spoiler:

    https://i.imgur.com/ROHafgN.png

    It would have been nice to have the parting clouds from the Emperors' clash behind the title, but the existing panels for it just didn't really work how I wanted. I think the broad idea of the layout comes across anyway.
    We haven't gotten more than 11 chapters in a volume since Punk Hazard. All volumes have been 10-11 chapters since Dressrosa. I think this volume might go for 11-12 (953-954 finish) chapters. Also, the 4 Scabbards that were in Udon and Linlin are who I think make the cover mostly.

    Off topic, but I think around 953-956 is where this act ends with some Shisui/Zoro reveal and something that interrupts BM vs Kaido. Might possibly get a Reverie update because I highly doubt we return to it in the capacity that many have predicted.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    We haven't gotten more than 11 chapters in a volume since Punk Hazard. All volumes have been 10-11 chapters since Dressrosa. I think this volume might go for 11-12 (953-954 finish) chapters. Also, the 4 Scabbards that were in Udon and Linlin are who I think make the cover mostly.

    Off topic, but I think around 953-956 is where this act ends with some Shisui/Zoro reveal and something that interrupts BM vs Kaido. Might possibly get a Reverie update because I highly doubt we return to it in the capacity that many have predicted.
    Volume 77 would like a word with you about the "since Punk Hazard" point. But you're right, 12 chapters is super uncommon and it's almost always going to be safer to bet against it. The final pages of the next chapter should decide it once and for all.

    I'd agree that the end of the act is extremely close (and pretty likely to end around the same point, except with an actual conclusion to Big Mom and Kaido) but I don't think we'll be getting a direct Reverie update for a while. If I recall correctly, the jump forward to the next day in the current chapter means the summit is over. I'm sure there'll be flashbacks later, but I think Oda's more likely to tease us by showing different scenes around the world where offhand comments suggest what happened there without stating it outright. My pet theory is that one of the intermissions will conclude Smoker's journey to see Vegapunk, whose introduction would be a pretty acceptable substitute for the rest of the Reverie.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Volume 77 would like a word with you about the "since Punk Hazard" point. But you're right, 12 chapters is super uncommon and it's almost always going to be safer to bet against it. The final pages of the next chapter should decide it once and for all.

    I'd agree that the end of the act is extremely close (and pretty likely to end around the same point, except with an actual conclusion to Big Mom and Kaido) but I don't think we'll be getting a direct Reverie update for a while. If I recall correctly, the jump forward to the next day in the current chapter means the summit is over. I'm sure there'll be flashbacks later, but I think Oda's more likely to tease us by showing different scenes around the world where offhand comments suggest what happened there without stating it outright. My pet theory is that one of the intermissions will conclude Smoker's journey to see Vegapunk, whose introduction would be a pretty acceptable substitute for the rest of the Reverie.
    Another Vegapunk tease sounds like Oda. I think that the next update on the Reverie will be between what you said and/or Koby's point of view. Interesting enough, I remember Koby was used to introduce Vegapunk. He mentioned how VP's work includes some of the uses of the Kairoseki by the Marines and DF being taken in by inanimate objects is stated to be connected to his work. Both are in Wano. Kairoseki is said to originate from Wano and Tenguyama has an object that took in a DF. I have a theory on Tenguyama, Breath, stonemasons, Kairoseki and DF, but that's for another time.

    If not Koby or Smoker, i'm betting on Moria or Bonney.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Another Vegapunk tease sounds like Oda. I think that the next update on the Reverie will be between what you said and/or Koby's point of view. Interesting enough, I remember Koby was used to introduce Vegapunk. He mentioned how VP's work includes some of the uses of the Kairoseki by the Marines and DF being taken in by inanimate objects is stated to be connected to his work. Both are in Wano. Kairoseki is said to originate from Wano and Tenguyama has an object that took in a DF. I have a theory on Tenguyama, Breath, stonemasons, Kairoseki and DF, but that's for another time.

    If not Koby or Smoker, i'm betting on Moria or Bonney.
    I feel Koby and Bonney are a little too close to the Reverie to return to so soon. Their status, whether they're existing peacefully, in hiding, or in battle, would give away a whole lot more about how it's all playing out than Oda seems willing to give away. I doubt we're getting that close to Mariejoa again until Wano is good and done. Seeing Moria again would be neat, but I'd rather Oda show different characters in each intermission.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I feel Koby and Bonney are a little too close to the Reverie to return to so soon. Their status, whether they're existing peacefully, in hiding, or in battle, would give away a whole lot more about how it's all playing out than Oda seems willing to give away. I doubt we're getting that close to Mariejoa again until Wano is good and done. Seeing Moria again would be neat, but I'd rather Oda show different characters in each intermission.
    Not revealing too much does go along with how Oda operates.

    I'm also interested in when Nekomamushi and his message from Marco (to Luffy) will re-enter the story. While most think we're around the 45-55% mark of Wano's story. I think we're more so at the 35-40% mark. Zoro's progression as a leader and earning Shusui all over again, Witching Hour Boy, more of the Shogun's faction being introduced along with the Flying Six, the history of Wano and how it got to this point, Tenguyama and who he is awaiting. Many things left open to return to.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Not revealing too much does go along with how Oda operates.

    I'm also interested in when Nekomamushi and his message from Marco (to Luffy) will re-enter the story. While most think we're around the 45-55% mark of Wano's story. I think we're more so at the 35-40% mark. Zoro's progression as a leader and earning Shusui all over again, Witching Hour Boy, more of the Shogun's faction being introduced along with the Flying Six, the history of Wano and how it got to this point, Tenguyama and who he is awaiting. Many things left open to return to.
    I'm also expecting Jinbe's return. He has to come to Wano too

  14. #14

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    I'm also expecting Jinbe's return. He has to come to Wano too
    he has to .

  15. #15

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Jinbe's already here I reckon. He's gotta be in the brig of Big Mom's ship. Oda has to be careful about how exactly he's bringing more characters into Wano. The waterfall climbing sequence has already happened twice, and Catviper is still to return, let alone Marco arriving or the Sun Pirates or Germa 66 having escaped and travelled there independently. You can only get away with that set piece so many times, but at the same time it'd be cheap to have n outside force turn up in the middle of the battle without at least showing them landing a few chapters in advance.

    Actually, what would be cool for a third waterfall sequence would be the Whitebeard pirates arriving, King flying in to do the same thing he did to Big Mom and Marco flying in phoenix form to clash with him in the air. That'd be sick.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Still don't believe Marco is coming.

    As for Jinbe and co., I want to say that aside from the brig, maybe he's in one of those magical books from that one guy (always struggle to spell his name lol)

  17. #17

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Only way Marco is coming is if Weevil is. Weevil is hunting Luffy so he could arrive. Bakkin, Big Mom and Kaido could all trigger the Rox pirate flashback too.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  18. #18

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    O-Lin, Queen in dino-form, Gyukimaru, Kawamatsu and probably the yakuza guys. I'd like some swords and HyorixZoro, but it'd be too crowded .

  19. #19
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Chapter 952 doesn't end on the biggest cliffhanger, but it does seem like the proper place for the volume to end. I could see almost all the chapter titles being volume title candidates, I'll just go with Rampage.



    Spoiler:

  20. #20

    Default Re: Volume 94 Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Chapter 952 doesn't end on the biggest cliffhanger, but it does seem like the proper place for the volume to end. I could see almost all the chapter titles being volume title candidates, I'll just go with Rampage.
    It's not the greatest ending ever, but it is an ending. I'm reserving judgement til the next chapter is out just on that vague distant hope of a big meaty volume.

    That said, I still don't think we'll really know for sure until we get the pagecount for this one. There should be enough variance between 11 chapters and 9 chapters + the boichi special to tell which of those it is as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts