+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 891: "Climb the Falls! The Great Journey Through the Land of Wano's Sea!"

Default Re: 891: "Climb the Falls! The Great Journey Through the Land of Wano's Sea!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    1) That's not something you can agree or disagree with. The lack of animators in the industry, the bad pay & the awful working conditions are factual long documented issues. 2) Popularity isn't a factor in this equation & "budget" is not an issue. As someone mentioned above, it's asinine that you all have information at your fingertips yet you choose to remain ignorant. Seriously, go educate yourself & try not to speak so confidently about things you clearly know little to nothing about in the future.
    Rude. And your first point literally doesn’t conflict with anything I said. I said they should pay better and that’ll result in more animators gunning for the job.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It sounds like a typical capitalistic problem of the money going to the higher-ups instead of paying the animators they have and adding to the budget to hire additional ones.

I’ve been watching Mob Psycho and Cowboy Bebop lately. Those shows had some amazing animation. I’d expect the biggest show in the country—the one that makes arguably the most money—to have a similar or higher level of production values to a little show like Mob Psycho. I’m sorry if you think that’s an unrealistic expectation, but I really don’t think it is. Of course OP has way more episodes than Mob per year, but a bigger team would be enough to compensate for that issue. Toei doesn’t hire a big enough team to produce high quality episodes (similar to the most recent one) week to week. I’m not sure what there is to “educate” myself on here; I’m only arguing that a bigger team and better salaries would increase the production value. That’s common sense. Everyone’s getting so worked up and mad at any criticism I guess because they read too much criticism and are tired of it. Just stop if it bothers you so much.

This conversation is too uncivil for me. Peace out.

Default Re: 891: "Climb the Falls! The Great Journey Through the Land of Wano's Sea!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Rude. And your first point literally doesn’t conflict with anything I said. I said they should pay better and that’ll result in more animators gunning for the job.

It sounds like a typical capitalistic problem of the money going to the higher-ups instead of paying the animators they have and adding to the budget to hire additional ones.

I’ve been watching Mob Psycho and Cowboy Bebop lately. Those shows had some amazing animation. I’d expect the biggest show in the country—the one that makes arguably the most money—to have a similar or higher level of production values to a little show like Mob Psycho. I’m sorry if you think that’s an unrealistic expectation, but I really don’t think it is. Of course OP has way more episodes than Mob per year, but a bigger team would be enough to compensate for that issue. Toei doesn’t hire a big enough team to produce high quality episodes (similar to the most recent one) week to week. I’m not sure what there is to “educate” myself on here; I’m only arguing that a bigger team and better salaries would increase the production value. That’s common sense. Everyone’s getting so worked up and mad at any criticism I guess because they read too much criticism and are tired of it. Just stop if it bothers you so much.

This conversation is too uncivil for me. Peace out.
    Like, there is a lot wrong with this. But I'll sum it up by saying what you're saying isn't feasible or grounded in the reality of the situation or in an understanding of how anime productions actually work.

EDIT
    There is really too much to unpack here(being fair and reasonable though, yes, greedy capitalists are a part of it, and its usually not the animation studios fault for that a lot of the time, though you could easily blame a lack of unions(which Toei has, but also suffers from sexism) and abuse that occurs and tends to be covered up. Toei is OK for the most part(aside from the sexism that fairly recently resulted in a female staff member quitting), the work hours are still not malleable, but there is a union at Toei so the pay is OK, and they do try and implement measures to help workers). There is a just, too much going on to over simplify the solution to "hire more staff from somewhere"="mob psycho quality" for long running show? Its not remotely that simple or easy.
    Last edited by JazzMazz; July 4th, 2019 at 11:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information