+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Opening 22: "Over The Top" by Hiroshi Kitadani (7th July)

Default Re: One Piece Opening 22: "Over The Top" by Hiroshi Kitadani (7th July)

Spoiler:
    I mean, that's clearly a nine red scabbards montage. Even Kawamatsu is there in silhouette form, but not Denjiro. If this isn't a spoiler, then it's an extremely confusing choice.

lol I didn't notice Ludicolo there. That is weird then.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

They most definitely even spoiled manga readers, lol.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

This is the first opening we never see the crew's ship.

It's about time.

Quite the enjoyable song. Opening overall is probably better than Wano deserves so far, but maybe the anime can improve things. I don't have an eye for art/animation, so I wonder how long it'll take for the new style to stop feeling weird to me.

Do find it mildly amusing that Momo barely gets a glancing clip despite how important he's supposed to be, and that 2 of the more pathetic headliners get featured instead of Drake and Page one.

I can't stop myself from listening to this opening again and again. It's been forever since an opening has had that effect on me.

1. We Are!
    2. Over the Top
    3. We Go!
    22. We Can!

[Creditless Version] One Piece Opening 22 - Over The Top by Hiroshi Kitadani

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Watch it a couple times to get used to the song, pretty good, not what I was expecting when it came to a old school Japan arc but very We Go-ish. Lively and pretty upbeat. Visual wise, well happy they still kept the focus on the story arc as they did with Superpowers, but it feels a little too fast for my liking and a majority of it is just a lot of head turns to the camera, also not a fan of showing a clip from the episode, feels like it's trying to pad the opening to me. Likewise I think they're really jumping the gun on a few areas when it come to showcasing plot points. At the time of the airing a lot of them had just happened in the manga. I mean..really? Considering the pace the anime goes, you'd think they'd hold off a bit on some of the more spoiler heavy moments. Surprised Drake and Page One didn't get a showcase during the Beast Pirates roll call too. Hmm. Did like the the hypothetical battle of Luffy and Kadio though, very dynamic and stylized and the centerpiece of the whole opening, so not bad there.

Overall, half and half for me. Love the song, good animation, but could've been better paced a bit. Still don't hate it though, just a bit slightly above average at best.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

I merged the two to create a 95% Creditless Version.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    I merged the two to create a 95% Creditless Version.

What two? I was unaware that there were multiple versions of this floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    What two? I was unaware that there were multiple versions of this floating around.
    There's the broadcast which has credits and lyrics, stream which is just credits, and the official OP youtube channel preview which has a logo on the top right. I merged the stream and youtube version.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I wouldn't read anything into the Kyoshiro bit. I'd say raid suit Sanji is the biggest spoiler here since it shows he gives in and uses it, and shows what it looks like. Yasui thing is hardly a spoiler since with no knowledge that bit doesn't mean anything.
    Anime has a habit of giving spoilers ahead of the manga. One example I could think of was when they show boin archipelago as a carnivorous island long before it was revealed in the manga. Another one was showing humandrills animal like shadows in the anime fighting zoro while it was only shown to one human like shadow in the manga cover page.

I wouldn't be surprise if denjiro turns out to be kyoshiro all along. Only two remaining choices among the named character so far in the manga to be denjiro the other one would be gyukimaru

The obligatory last boss vs protagonist montage dropped it a notch for me.
    Song is okay, good visuals. Felt like a callback to old shounen openings or like how many generic shounen opening can we put in one opening.
    Nothing over the top (except for the shitload of spoilers) and felt like it's just going to be a not as memorable but not bad kind of op.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Nothing over the top

For those who haven't seen them already, here're those two impact frames that flash by for half a second:
    Spoiler:

~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    For those who haven't seen them already, here're those two impact frames that flash by for half a second:
    https://imgur.com/a/lcJdxWH
    I spotted these before and I love brushstroke impact frames like these.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/lcJdxWH
    Lulz, those go by so quick that it took me a couple tries to correctly pause on them.

Also, I dig that new avatar, haha.
    Hidden:

Man, I’ve listened to it a dozen times by now and this is my favorite theme song since Kokoro no Chizu.

Just to list it all out there, this is the first ever opening that
    - doesn't show the crew's ship (Going Merry or Thousand Sunny)
    - doesn't show any of the Straw Hats wearing their standard outfits at any point
    - doesn't show any of the Straw Hats sailing, goofing off, shopping, playing, fishing, or any other leisurely activities
    - doesn't show any other location besides the setting of the current arc
    - doesn't show any character that isn't connected or doesn't appear in the current arc

Basically, Over The Top removed most of the generic, by-the-books stuff that has been weighing down the openings and that's why it feels so fresh for One Piece.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information