+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Opening 22: "Over The Top" by Hiroshi Kitadani (7th July)

Default Re: One Piece Opening 22: "Over The Top" by Hiroshi Kitadani (7th July)

Ohh I like it. Very fun song. Surprised it's shorter than usual, it didn't feel like it. I like the blatant segment where they'll update the montage as the arc goes on.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    It's 2 minutes long, not the usual 2:30 min.
    Interesting point. That's actually the approximate length the openings used to have up until they switched to the 2.5 minute standard (Believe, Towards the Light, and Bon Voyage were all padded out by opening narration, while Map of the Heart and Brand New World managed those lengths without any help.).
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Great opening, didn’t expect though
    Spoiler:
    divine thunder to be an actual thunder attack. It makes Kaido one shotting Luffy even crazier

Also, at the very end Luffy does the same flip that Goku does at the end of Super's second opening. The composition of that shot's the exact same too. You can definitely see Nagamine's fingerprints on this one.

...Did they just confirm the theories that
    Spoiler:
    Kyoshiro is Denjiro? He shows up in the Akazaya/Scabbards montage next to Shutenmaru.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

[HD] One Piece Opening 22 - Over The Top by Hiroshi Kitadani & Kohei Tanaka

One Piece Episode 893 Preview

Zoro in Wano + New Eyecatchers - Episode 892

Last edited by thaihoa91; July 6th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.

The vocals can go alongside We Can as the most forgettable vocals in One Piece openings. Very cool background music though.

Also Toei did a nice job at practically spoiling the entire arc. Could've just asked Oda and spoiled the entire arc while they are at it.

Love the new opening. Easily the best opening animation-wise, no contest - holy crap at how good some of those scenes look. Only criticisms are the "clips from the episode" part (which will hopefully be replaced before too long), and the amount of spoilers for anime-only fans. Some I don't think are too bad, but Kaido's ability? Sanji's raid suit? Should have waited on those imo. Otherwise, visuals were fantastic. Song is very catchy and energetic too, which I like. A lot of the post-timeskip opening songs had to grow on me, but I already like this one, so that's a good sign.

Very pleased overall.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm a little biased as a manga reader, but I would 1000x have character designs and powerups spoiled over random shots of the Straw Hats interacting with each other on the Sunny/Wano. Builds hype, doesn't give THAT much away imo.

I had forgotten what We Can was like so I watched it, particularly to compare the Kaido fight scenes. And man, the one here is absolutely god tier compared to We Can. Granted, this one has more to work with, but there was nothing about We Can's fight scene that was interesting.

Spoiler:

lmao Drake got fucking snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Spoiler:
    Kyoshiro is Denjiro? He shows up in the Akazaya/Scabbards montage next to Shutenmaru.
    I think they just did it indeed. Regrettable.

I think i saw isamu takara do the sanji transformation part not sure.

nice opening nice change of pace lol damn a lot of spoilers :D

The most egregious and gratuitous spoiler is Yasu.

I expected Kaido and Sanji, but jeez.
    K-F|Jango

I think i saw isamu takara do the sanji transformation part not sure.

Takara didn't work on the opening. FYI the animators were:
    • Yong-ce Tu (villain lineup, Kid and Hawkins, a decent chunk of Luffy vs. Kaido)
    • Tetsuro Tsuyuki
    • Takashi Kojima (Luffy struggling in chains
    • Katsumi Ishizuka (Boundman punching Kaido at the end)
    • Kenji Yokoyama
    • Yoshihiko Umakoshi (most likely Law's attack)
    • Masami Mori (Straw Hat showcase while Luffy, Zoro, and Tama ride the koma)
    • Hiromi Ishigami (Zoro jumping and slashing the screen immediately afterward)
    • Midori Matsuda
    • Akiko Sugizono
    • Meng Sun
    • Ting-mu Yang
    • Jun-wen Tang
    Also, personal opinion and all but having to showcase complete scrubs like Holdem and Speed alongside the Calamities is kind of an indictment on the quality of the villains so far this arc.
    Last edited by Crossword; July 6th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

The Yasu spoiler is indeed a major one, but actually, I think the most egregious spoiler is, as MrBits and theackwardstation pointed out,
    Spoiler:
    seemingly confirming that Kyoshiro is Denjiro.
    Since, if it's true, that would spoil something that hasn't even been confirmed in the manga yet.

Also, on that note,
    Spoiler:
    the fact that he's shown in the same panel as Ashura Doji (the one Scabbard member--that we know of, anyway--who isn't totally on board with this rebellion plan of Kin'emon's) makes me wonder if Kyoshiro/Denjiro will be like him and unlike Kawamatsu and be more bitter about the situation than anything else. I doubt he's really on Orochi's side or anything, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if he were like Ashura was as Shutenmaru where he's more just on his own side.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Takara didn't work on the opening. FYI the animators were:
    • Yong-ce Tu (villain lineup, Kid and Hawkins, a decent chunk of Luffy vs. Kaido)
    • Tetsuro Tsuyuki
    • Takashi Kojima (Luffy struggling in chains
    • Katsumi Ishizuka (Boundman punching Kaido at the end)
    • Kenji Yokoyama
    • Yoshihiko Umakoshi (most likely Law's attack)
    • Masami Mori (Straw Hat showcase while Luffy, Zoro, and Tama ride the koma)
    • Hiromi Ishigami (Zoro jumping and slashing the screen immediately afterward)
    • Midori Matsuda
    • Akiko Sugizono
    • Meng Sun
    • Ting-mu Yang
    • Jun-wen Tang
    Also, personal opinion and all but having to showcase complete scrubs like Holdem and Speed alongside the Calamities is kind of an indictment on the quality of the villains so far this arc.
    Thanks for that.

Lol holdem and speed part XD not a fan in the arc in the manga but PAGE 1 is darn cool hope he gets more shine.

I wouldn't read anything into the Kyoshiro bit. I'd say raid suit Sanji is the biggest spoiler here since it shows he gives in and uses it, and shows what it looks like. Yasui thing is hardly a spoiler since with no knowledge that bit doesn't mean anything.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Sanji <3

Great opening

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Spoiler:
    ...I think they did.

They also confirmed that
    Spoiler:
    Advanced CoA will look like Goku's Kaioken.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; July 7th, 2019 at 04:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information