+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime/Manga You'd Like to See Get an Official Release in Your Country

Here we are, Windy summer! Oddball's Avatar

Default Anime/Manga You'd Like to See Get an Official Release in Your Country

Since a lot of people here are big supporters of officially released content (especially One Piece), I decided it would be a good idea to make this thread. You can also include titles that are no longer available by licensing companies due to license expiration. Plus, anything that is currently OOP and is impossible to find, or WAY too expensive to buy (thanks, scalpers...).

Here's my list:
    Anime
    - Comic Girls
    - Shoukoushi Cedie
    - Jungle Emperor Leo (TV series)
    - Ginga Nagarebosh Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed
    - Kaiji (seasons 1 & 2)
    - Laughing Salesman (old series, plus the 2017 reboot)

Manga
    - Comic Girls
    - Strongest Man Kurosawa
    - Yomawari Sensei
    Last edited by Oddball; June 27th, 2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Check out my cute Etsy store
    Please read my webtoon Truffle Cat Cafe

Default Re: Anime/Manga You'd Like to See Get an Official Release in Your Country

I really want to read Gingitsune but only the first 11 chapters have been scanlated and there's there's no sign of it being licensed. Patlabor had 2 volumes released by Viz in the 80s or 90s and then they stopped. It also isn't being scanlated, though the occasional chapter comes out but it's been forever since the manga came out and it's still not finished. Viz also released some Spriggan stuff in the 90s but dropped it and there's no scanlations of that either. It was apparently translated to English in Singapore but I haven't been able to find any of those volumes to buy.

Default Re: Anime/Manga You'd Like to See Get an Official Release in Your Country

I wished Sengokou Youkou was published in France because it is one of the best manga I'have read if not the best. But unfortunately, Biscuit Hammer sales were terrible and the author chance to be published again are low. But well, Kingdom is translated although nobody thought it will ever be, Dorohedoro last tome was released last week, so, maybe, I can still dream

How is the french translation of Dorohedoro? I want it in my collection so bad.

Well Planet Manga holds the rights to Golden Kamuy in Brazil, so far nothing has come out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A german anime release of Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous. It's the best looking 3D Anime out there, imo.

I already talked about this with some folks on a publishers booth at a convention. I think the market is there, given that series like Sailor Moon were and are big in Germany.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Here we are, Windy summer! Oddball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    A german anime release of Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous. It's the best looking 3D Anime out there, imo.

I already talked about this with some folks on a publishers booth at a convention. I think the market is there, given that series like Sailor Moon were and are big in Germany.
    Wish you luck that HnK comes to Germany! It is a pretty cool show.

Also, I forgot to add RAINBOW to my list. It's technically licensed by FUNimation, but it's only available for streaming. >< Because of the dark and graphic nature of the show, I can sort of see why there's no physical copy of it available in the US. But FUNi also owns Berserk and gave it the BR/DVD treatment, yet it has even more violent content. Maybe RAINBOW has some licensing restrictions? Who knows. The manga is also good and it's way past where the anime left off, but I'm not expecting an official English translation to see the light of day...
    Check out my cute Etsy store
    Please read my webtoon Truffle Cat Cafe

I'd love an official English release of Sket Dance. German would be fine, too, but I'd prefer English. I've wanted this for years and I don't really expect it to ever happen at this point :( I think they're wary after Gintama's lack of success. Though, personally, I think Sket Dance would have a better chance of success in the West.

A physical Version of Space Brothers would be really nice, too. An English dub of the Anime, too.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Got my hands on Golden Kamuy, first manga I own with a dust cover. Also Witch Hat Atelier is being printed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information