+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 946: Queen vs Olin

Default Re: Chapter 946: Queen vs Olin

Just let people enjoy their things.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Yeah I diidnt get any inclination of anything but the metal being bent
    The unbreakable metal was bent. There are a ton of other strong people at the prison, and Hyou's probably seen a fair number of grisly failed escape attempts after two decades in there.

Luffy may be stronger than all of them, but to be able to bend both collars in time and throw them to a safe distance I think he really needed something special.

Are on the same page of what Luffy did is essentially the same level of Armament Haki that he wanted to do the reflection trick?

Or is there anyone who thinks it's something else?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Just let people enjoy their things.
    No everyone must enjoy what I like and hate what I don't like

Yes, it is for entertaining purposes, as I said. A video being edit down to 29 minutes. Most of it is reading each panel and reacting to it. Seeing others ignore certain parts of the series, then complain on forums that it doesn't add up when it pays off is a thing not exclusive to KOL is what I mean.

There's a difference between appreciation and perception.

On the other topic, the collar broke. It had clear cracks on it. Didn't bend and the situation was setup almost identical to Camie and Rayleigh's situation. I don't think it has anything to do with his DF ability. From being outclassed by Kata with CoA and Hody's teeth being hard to defend, this is development. Sounds perfect for Tank Man. Especially how it looks like a sumo match.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The unbreakable metal was bent. There are a ton of other strong people at the prison, and Hyou's probably seen a fair number of grisly failed escape attempts after two decades in there.

Luffy may be stronger than all of them, but to be able to bend both collars in time and throw them to a safe distance I think he really needed something special.
    Uh, it was never described as unbreakable.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

This is the exact same thing Rayleigh did in Sabaody. Not just *anyone* can do it

Spoiler:

Sometimes we forget that one dude that can cut a tower in half or lift and toss a whole house is the 0.1% of the One Piece world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Uh, it was never described as unbreakable.
    It was heavily implied that removing it was impossible under normal circumstances.
    We saw Rayleigh do it, but we have no idea what he did and the fact that Luffy's also still in the dark about it tells me he probably did something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    This is the exact same thing Rayleigh did in Sabaody. Not just *anyone* can do it
    I think we're supposed to assume that, but it's probably a red herring.
    All of Luffy's haki abilities were learned from Rayleigh or planned out in advance and refined through training.
    When Zoro learned the technique that Luffy's currently trying to master, it was similarly the product of teaching and training, not random instinct.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; June 25th, 2019 at 01:17 PM.

Hyo notices that when Luffy was trying to protect him, he was able to advance a bit. Now Hyo is putting his life on the line purposely to train Luffy. It's definitely CoA and Hyo recognizes it. If it was DF related, Hyo would be confused. "He took off the collar with his bare hands" was the official trans used to describe what Rayleigh did by Brook in ch 504.

It was heavily implied that removing it was impossible under normal circumstances.
    We saw Rayleigh do it, but we have no idea what he did and the fact that Luffy's also still in the dark about it tells me he probably did something completely different.

I think we're supposed to assume that, but it's probably a red herring.
    All of Luffy's haki abilities were learned from Rayleigh or planned out in advance and refined through training.
    When Zoro learned the technique that Luffy's currently trying to master, it was similarly the product of teaching and training, not random instinct.
    Wait, what? Luffy knows the basics, but we know that advanced techniques have to be learned in the heat of battle since Chapter 886. I see no reason to believe that this isn't exactly what Hyo is preparing Luffy for, especially given that it's been Luffy's focus in this fight in the first place..

"Give me the Oshiruko, you lizard asshole!"

I love One Piece style insults. So simple, yet effective.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Wait, what? Luffy knows the basics, but we know that advanced techniques have to be learned in the heat of battle since Chapter 886. I see no reason to believe that this isn't exactly what Hyo is preparing Luffy for, especially given that it's been Luffy's focus in this fight in the first place..
    Learning a technique that's already been explained is completely different from randomly stumbling upon a new ability after doing seemingly unrelated training.

Learning a technique that's already been explained is completely different from randomly stumbling upon a new ability after doing seemingly unrelated training.
    So you think that Grandpa Hyo recognizes that Luffy is using devil fruit awakening, and not the advanced form of COA? Do we have any reason to think he knows about awakening?

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    So you think that Grandpa Hyo recognizes that Luffy is using devil fruit awakening, and not the advanced form of COA? Do we have any reason to think he knows about awakening?
    Possibly.
    At one point it was mentioned that Wano has an unusually large number of devil fruit users, so the locals probably have a greater than average familiarity with devil fruit abilities.

With the cage broken open, seems likely we'll get Kawamatsu's full reveal in the next couple chapters, assuming we stay focused on the prison.

So, what are the chances he's actually really emaciated and physically unfit for battle right now? 13 years, probably chained up like Jinbe was in Impel Down, with nothing but a fish a day probably should result in most of his muscles having atrophied by now. He'd still have the skill to take out weaklings, but lack the strength to do too much for too long. Maybe he's just gonna be the insanely stubborn type and completely refuse to acknowledge his current state and try to keep fighting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    With the cage broken open, seems likely we'll get Kawamatsu's full reveal in the next couple chapters, assuming we stay focused on the prison.

So, what are the chances he's actually really emaciated and physically unfit for battle right now? 13 years, probably chained up like Jinbe was in Impel Down, with nothing but a fish a day probably should result in most of his muscles having atrophied by now. He'd still have the skill to take out weaklings, but lack the strength to do too much for too long. Maybe he's just gonna be the insanely stubborn type and completely refuse to acknowledge his current state and try to keep fighting anyway.
    Well, I'm gonna go with none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I must admit I like to compare characters strength.

For Kawamatsu to make a big difference in fights he would need to be around as strong as Jinbe is.

I already can see "who would win fight under water/ on land - Kawamatsu or Jinbe" with Jinbeis Fishman Karate and Kawamatsus swordsmanship.

Also I wonder how far into this arc we are ? 25% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I already can see "who would win fight under water/ on land - Kawamatsu or Jinbe" with Jinbeis Fishman Karate and Kawamatsus swordsmanship.
    That sounds almost like an undewarter version of a Zoro vs Sanji debate.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That sounds almost like an undewarter version of a Zoro vs Sanji debate.
    Yup, something right up that alley.

I wonder if we will get to see some 1 vs 1 like we had in Ennies Lobby. There is not enough fights like Luffy vs Doflamingo or Luffy vs Katakuri but for Sanji and Zoro. They should get at least 1 fight like that for each, before we will get to fight with Blackbeard or final war..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information