+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 945: Olin

Default Chapter 945: Olin

Just finished the chapter. it was kind of a mess, so I'll need to read it another few times. Wasn't expecting Queen's devil fruit to be that, for sure.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...09?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1002335

Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

I could re-read that last page all day long. The perpetrator to victim turn is always funny. Him talking all that shit only to be neck yanked straight into the ground. Still pretty ballsy of him to protect the whatchamacallit food with his life

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

There can only be one queen to rule the o-shiruko.

Spoiler:

I wanna see Kaku vs Queen now.

A Giraffe is like half the size of a Brachiosaurus

The size doesn't matter yo.

While I absolutely enjoyed BM doing yonkou-stuff, it lessens the threat of the antagonists even more.

Excluding Kaido himself, two of his three top subordinates have been ohko'ed, what we have seen from the Flying Six was not exactly promising and the rest seem to be fodder.

It makes sense in universe, sure, but I still do not understand why Oda is taking the arc in this direction, especially with so many powerhouses already lined up on the protagonists side.

This gave me a laugh. From the Viz weekly email:

Spoiler:

If only the Lapins were here. Oh, those were simpler times...
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

I honestly thought that was the strawhats dressed up as those people. Y'know Sunkist as Sabo, Sauron as Smokah, Chopper as Lucci, Ussopp as the great Buggy and Neko Lowbun as Hancock. But when i actually looked at it i was dissapointed to find it was just the real characters, talk about a bummer

Great chapter. Great translation as always Stephen!

So now Drake knows for sure who Sanji is and speaks the truth out loud. Sanji detests hearing the name Vinsmoke but I think we all know he's going to use the suit again. I really really hope this leads to Sanji discarding the entire suit during some epic battle with Queen or another Calamity.

Jabra's idea of Sanji having the suit destroyed during battle but continuing on and defeating his opponent any way just sounds too great to lose out on. Tying Zeff's words into the battle about weapons being no match for ones spirit or some such is just so One Piece. God I want it!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

How many people still believe were gonna get Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King?

Queen uses Erect!

[It's not very effective.]
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    While I absolutely enjoyed BM doing yonkou-stuff, it lessens the threat of the antagonists even more.

Excluding Kaido himself, two of his three top subordinates have been ohko'ed, what we have seen from the Flying Six was not exactly promising and the rest seem to be fodder.

It makes sense in universe, sure, but I still do not understand why Oda is taking the arc in this direction, especially with so many powerhouses already lined up on the protagonists side.
    On the other hand, Kaido can destroy pretty much everyone except Big Mom.

I still kind of want invisible sanji, too. Maybe he just keeps that part.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post

Jack got up from Zunishas attack and Queen is certainly getting up next chapter

If anything Kaidos side is too stacked up, especially with him around. He can literally go around and kill everyone himself. Big Mom is here to stop that from happening

So now we know why Jack is bullied, the sucker got a non-dinosaur df. What a loser.

Interesting that the official app presents the Stampede poster upright. I figured it would be shown horizontally, as a colour spread, like the ones for chapters 817 and 843. The difference is of course just one page in the official page count, but it'd be good know for sure. Wonder if anyone in a position to see the physical magazine would be able to confirm?

This week the action gets more chaotic as Orochi's ninja squad steps in. I enjoyed every page, but pure action doesn't leave much to comment on. We get more of Zoro begging the readers to ask questions about Kyoshiro and more build up of the idea of a Strawhat being captured and interrogated. As the two prison break scenes reach their conclusions, I would expect one or both of those plot threads to start taking the lion's share of screen time in the later chapters of volume 94.

There are fights I don't mine cutting away from and only seeing the key moments of, but this new confrontation between Hawkins and Law isn't one of them. Both characters' sets of powers lend themselves to creative action, and I can't wait to see what solution Law finds for the hostage situation. Hawkins is also proving to work a lot better as a villain that I might have expected prior to Wano.

Oh, and my boy Bepo had better be alright! I always enjoyed him as a character, but I've been reading His Dark Materials over the last couple weeks and polar bears have climbed a few rungs in my heart as a result.

The Sanji/Zoro moment was great. Exactly what I wanted from them being back together. A thought that occurs for a final thing between them this arc is that each could topple a dinosaur devil fruit user and then compete over whose is bigger, just like their Little Garden dinosaur hunt. I think it might even have been an allosaurus that Sanji beat back then as well. Foreshadowing for years! Where's the triceratops fruit?

Looks like the Ashura plot thread has been more or less wrapped up, with only the important plot infodump to go. This has been a bit of an odd subplot. It's so in the background that I'm surprised every time it shows up. It could be good anime filler fodder I suppose. They could make more clear who set fire to the mountain, since different translations seems to have different ideas about that.

And then we have Linlin. That first spread is fantastic - it does a great job of making her look huge and threatening despite how inherently ridiculous she is. That's always been one of One Piece's strengths, but it's still worth commenting on. Queen transforms and looks pretty good. He's got that same sense of size and same level of silliness in his design, but despite being an actual dinosaur, he doesn't manage to look quite as threatening as Big Mom did three pages earlier.

I really have no idea at this point how this set piece is going to play out. Luffy trapped in the arena, Kid and Killer in the water, Queen and Big Mom clashing in the middle. Kawamatsu. Caribou and Raizo somewhere. I have no idea how all that comes together and I love it.

This is another great chapter that keeps a strong bit of momentum and two exciting action sequences going. Gonna be a long two weeks waiting for the next installment.

I actually really like the raid suit

I feel like I'm in a very small minority

I don't find it confusing. Holdem set the fire and Kinemon feels responsible. I'm also surprised that people aren't excited for what Ashura has to show Kinemon. It can be linked to why Ashura isn't so eager to join Kinemon outside of the "Blank". It can also possibly be something to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I don't find it confusing. Holdem set the fire and Kinemon feels responsible. I'm also surprised that people aren't excited for what Ashura has to show Kinemon. It can be linked to why Ashura isn't so eager to join Kinemon outside of the "Blank". It can also possibly be something to help out.
    The somber tone makes it feel like it'll indeed something related to Ashura's current apathy. Though I don't know about those theories about it being Denjiro's grave...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information