+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 945: Olin

Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

Witching Hour Boy could be Izo. There are a lot of characters like Tenguyama and Gyukimaru that I feel have a larger role in this arc. Last part ended with Luffy being locked up with Kid, I hope this part tops that. I don't see more than 4 chapters left in this part.

I secretly wanted the Witching Hour Boy to be Usopp this whole time, but that's never going to happen.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Denjirou is probably dead. I think that Ashura wants to show Kinemon and Co Denjirous grave or something.

Witching hour boy might not be a boy at all, Hiyori would still be my bet.
    Or possibly Ashura boy is the witching hour boy, and that's what he's going to show them

that he's not just been stealing for himself like he plays on but has been doing it for the greater good and only acting like an A-Hole

just a theory, probably wrong

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Maybe it's Oden, who survived being boiled alive, but is badly crippled?

....Probably not, but hey, would explain why Oda is hiding his appearance.

There's way too many hidden identity in the city.

I doubt everyone that got the secret message will join. Some of them probably have grown bitter through the years or just submitted to Orochi. Kokeshi dolls guarding the poneglyph and Kawamatsu possibly being a demon (which I doubt). Haven't seen Apoo in a while, plus the other 4 Flying Six.

Big Mom spoke on Roger's VOAT and Puddin's 3 Eyed Tribe ability. I interpreted them as 2 separate things. Both being related to reading the poneglyphs, but I don't think it was VOAT for Puddin. Most of the fans interpret it Puddin's ability as VOAT, but it wasn't clarified as such. I see a similar situation for the war and lurking legend. I didn't see the war or the lurking legend specifically being said to be in Wano , but so many fans are saying it and making theories with that mindset. Not saying that it's impossible to be related to Wano, but I just didn't see it clearly stated as for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I doubt everyone that got the secret message will join. Some of them probably have grown bitter through the years or just submitted to Orochi. Kokeshi dolls guarding the poneglyph and Kawamatsu possibly being a demon (which I doubt). Haven't seen Apoo in a while, plus the other 4 Flying Six.

Big Mom spoke on Roger's VOAT and Puddin's 3 Eyed Tribe ability. I interpreted them as 2 separate things. Both being related to reading the poneglyphs, but I don't think it was VOAT for Puddin. Most of the fans interpret it Puddin's ability as VOAT, but it wasn't clarified as such. I see a similar situation for the war and lurking legend. I didn't see the war or the lurking legend specifically being said to be in Wano , but so many fans are saying it and making theories with that mindset. Not saying that it's impossible to be related to Wano, but I just didn't see it clearly stated as for this arc.
    Perhaps so, but if the L.L. is related to/*is* Rox, well, I mean, we do have two of it's members right in the country.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

(...) plus the other 4 Flying Six. (...)
    With King's and Queen's ancient DFs revealed, I always think of "the Land before Time"'s cast, when I think of the Flying Six.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    (...) The Op Op fruit had a price tag of 5,000,000,000, (Luffy's current bounty is 1,500,000,000) with the WG actively going after it as well. (...)
    IMO the one who would pay 5billion beri, wouldn't want the fruit itself, but the immortality it grants.
    The Boa sisters being both hebi hebi users and a paramecia that petrifies (like snake-head medusa) is an absurd coincidence, but Kaidou "collecting" Dino-Zoans is more plausible.
    After all, Drake went to Kaidou, not vice versa. Drake probably knew that the calamities are all ancient zoans, so he thought "joining" Kaidou would be Fitting/a safe bet.
    Page1 could have done the same, though that is speculation.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    After all, Drake went to Kaidou, not vice versa. Drake probably knew that the calamities are all ancient zoans, so he thought "joining" Kaidou would be Fitting/a safe bet.
    Next level twist: Drake was provided with an ancient Zoan by the WG/Marines in order to infiltrate Kaido.

The Boa sisters being both hebi hebi users and a paramecia that petrifies (like snake-head medusa) is an absurd coincidence, but Kaidou "collecting" Dino-Zoans is more plausible.
    For all we know the Boa Sisters had to eat those specific dfs beca7se some freak just wanted to have more funny toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    For all we know the Boa Sisters had to eat those specific dfs beca7se some freak just wanted to have more funny toys...
    That was the case, but it's still an absurd coincidence that those fruits had the same theme. The two Zoans, sure, but the random paramecia also fitting the Gorgon story?
    And it must have been random, because there is nothing entertaining about Hancock's fruit.
    At least Sandersonia can do a funny dance
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Perhaps so, but if the L.L. is related to/*is* Rox, well, I mean, we do have two of it's members right in the country.
    Since Empty Throne (907), i've felt like there could be a moment where this legend takes advantage of all the chaos and either recruits Linlin and/or Kaido or hurts 1 of them for something like their ability as Teach did. That's why I feel like he's the person that Shanks is warning the Gorosei about. Imagine if Shanks knows this person well and this person is the link between Teach and Shanks. It would explain a lot. Like why Teach was on WB's ship. Teach looked up to the LL and when he went away, the most powerful to lay low and wait under was WB. It's kind of the smartest thing to do in the New World (Capone's smart). Teach and Shanks probably learned a lot like taking DF abilities form him. Wouldn't the LL be able to possibly take Linlin or Kaido's ability (if it is a DF ability)?

This is why I don't see this arc as where Kaido truly falls. I think he loses, but mostly just loses Wano country. This is another reason why I question if he is there or will he show up like Teach did when it's almost over. The last time Shanks was warning about someone, Teach was the mastermind behind major plot

With King's and Queen's ancient DFs revealed, I always think of "the Land before Time"'s cast, when I think of the Flying Six.
    When I first read the spoiler, I thought of this and how crazy it would look if Kaido and all 3 Calamities were in their beast form on 1 page. Well, for Kaido, I still don't know if he has a DF or not.

It would be interesting if Drake and Aokiji leaving the Marines were personal missions to get things done without the limits of the WG.Even though Corazon was on a mission from Sengoku, it was still personal and he defied Sengoku.

Oda like to have themes in creating his characters, it is a creative choice.

Strawhat DFs all have number theme, and are the least justified since Luffy didn’t went out of his way to collect people with number themed DFs. Original Admirals DFs have theme. Original Warlords all have animal theme. CP9 all have animal theme. Boa sisters DFs all have the same theme as their tribe. Donquixote Pirate executives name have theme. It is a creative choice, Beast Pirates and BM Pirates followed the rule, they are not the exception.

That was the case, but it's still an absurd coincidence that those fruits had the same theme. The two Zoans, sure, but the random paramecia also fitting the Gorgon story?
    And it must have been random, because there is nothing entertaining about Hancock's fruit.
    I don't see Tenryuubito feeding random fruits to slaves (just imagine a logia or invisibility fruit or what not). Sure, Hancocks fruit is hax as hell, but with enough intimidation you make good use of her power. Also it is quite entertaining to be able to make statues out of living beings - at least for guys like those world nobles. If there is a coincidence with Hancocks fruit, it has to do with her tatoo that nobody should look at and her ability to petrify.

Also: yeah, devilfruits are one of the storyparts Oda takes really creative... there literally is no end to it, dfs are connected to story-part elements, names, groups, appearance, personal preferences, (mythological, historical, political) quotes out of op-world, and so on, and so on...
    Last edited by Candide; June 12th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.

Since Empty Throne (907), i've felt like there could be a moment where this legend takes advantage of all the chaos and either recruits Linlin and/or Kaido or hurts 1 of them for something like their ability as Teach did. That's why I feel like he's the person that Shanks is warning the Gorosei about. Imagine if Shanks knows this person well and this person is the link between Teach and Shanks. It would explain a lot. Like why Teach was on WB's ship. Teach looked up to the LL and when he went away, the most powerful to lay low and wait under was WB. It's kind of the smartest thing to do in the New World (Capone's smart). Teach and Shanks probably learned a lot like taking DF abilities form him. Wouldn't the LL be able to possibly take Linlin or Kaido's ability (if it is a DF ability)?

This is why I don't see this arc as where Kaido truly falls. I think he loses, but mostly just loses Wano country. This is another reason why I question if he is there or will he show up like Teach did when it's almost over. The last time Shanks was warning about someone, Teach was the mastermind behind major plot
    I have been thinking of the new leader swooping in to finish Kaido, since the gap between him and our heroes is still so vast. Thought I do assume we would learn a bit more about Rox beforehand so it wouldn't seem so out of left field if suddenly they arrive out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I have been thinking of the new leader swooping in to finish Kaido, since the gap between him and our heroes is still so vast. Thought I do assume we would learn a bit more about Rox beforehand so it wouldn't seem so out of left field if suddenly they arrive out of nowhere.
    I don’t want this to happen to be honest, because it is... kind of pathetic? The protagonists couldn’t deal with their own problems, so now people are begging outside forces and even enemies for help? This is like WCI arc, where so many people are making theories about marines or whatever showing up etc. and all I wanted to say is, please have some fucking dignity.

If the protagonists aren’t strong enough, they should just get wrecked and come back later. As simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    I don’t want this to happen to be honest, because it is... kind of pathetic? The protagonists couldn’t deal with their own problems, so now people are begging outside forces and even enemies for help? This is like WCI arc, where so many people are making theories about marines or whatever showing up etc. and all I wanted to say is, please have some fucking dignity.

If the protagonists aren’t strong enough, they should just get wrecked and come back later. As simple as that.
    How is our heroes being chased out of Wano, utterly defeated, any less pathetic then an outside force making it's own move at the climax of the battle?

At least Sandersonia can do a funny dance
    There are no coincidences. They lie, cheat and scheme their way into position and then before long some hyped up fool thinks they found it. No the fruit found them.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

(...)
    It would be interesting if Drake and Aokiji leaving the Marines were personal missions to get things done without the limits of the WG.Even though Corazon was on a mission from Sengoku, it was still personal and he defied Sengoku.
    We all knew BM had a good Intel Network, but on the other Hand, there was Stussy. Pretending to be some redlight district queen, she actually was from CP0 and BM (for all we know) did not notice. So since Stussy I doubt that any other being from the WG (except Aokiji) needs to be outside the WG to get further without them.
    And if Drake is a double Agent for the marines, he is so Undercover, that not even Kizaru knew about it 2 yrs ago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    There are no coincidences. They lie, cheat and scheme their way into position and then before long some hyped up fool thinks they found it. No the fruit found them.
    Fakescorpion's right on that: a lot of Crews (except the DD-pirates and Barioque Works) have theme-based abilities when it coms to DFs and IMO the beast pirates are the most plausible collection of DF-themed powers, since we know how Kaidou makes those guys and Girls joining his Crew.
    The BMPs (as much as I like them) all COINCIDENTLY have Food-based or fairy-tale-based abilities while all being siblings at the same time.

It's best not to think to deep about how some users got their fruits though.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; June 13th, 2019 at 02:39 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

The BMPs (as much as I like them) all COINCIDENTLY have Food-based or fairy-tale-based abilities while all being siblings at the same time.
    While we don't know what Devil Fruits really are, we do know that they're a natural part of the world. I think it's possible that the environment can/will play a role for a specific fruit to spawn (not respawn after death, but come into existence for the first time).

Now Totland is a unique construct where almost every single building is made of food. If we follow that thought it would make sense that Biscuit, Mochi and Cream fruits would spawn in such an environment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information