+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 945: Olin

Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

Kaido is crazytown bananapants, nothing he does or his reasoning for why should hold up to scrutiny. But if i knew that a crazed man of his reputation, who'd gladly trade ya for it, really wants animal and dino fruits i'd be first in line to make a fortune

Yeah that is just something were you are supposed to suspend your disbelief.

That a whole crew is centered around a common theme is for the story sake, even if it would be hard to justify to occur naturally.

Kaidos top crew around dinos/ancient animals, BigMom around food, Shanks seem to prefer non-DF members, the former admirals all being logias.

I dont think that is something were you are supposed to ponder about it for too long.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What does pretty good even mean here, lol.

It's not like it's a stock market. We have exotic fruits that can randomly pop up anywhere at any time, some of which might be eaten by someone already. it would also require each of users to pass out on any sweet devil fruit they might have got a hold of before dino-fruits just so they'd have thematically consistent devil fruit abilities.

It's just a lazy convenience, same as with Big Mom.
    Doflamingo said in Law's flashback that the underground trade he did involved Devil Fruit trading, and he was able to locate the Ope Ope no Mi that way. It admittedly *was* convenient for him that the Ope Ope ended up being in the North Blue that time, but when you have a reach as wide as Kaido's, convenience doesn't seem like a factor.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; June 10th, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Should I:
    A) use a good chunk of my resources to amass rare zoan devil fruits and create fake ones or
    B) use it to get some OP devil fruits with way more destructive potential?

Then again we are Animal Kingdom Pirates. Our contract states "no paramecia" and "no logia"... :(((
    It's like being a millionaire/billionaire. If you have the ressources to do what you want without detriment you do it. Big Mom food theme is much weirder since she doesn't care about it.

Luffy has a weirdly selective process. Kaido does the same. If anything I don't get why he lets a bunch of supernovas without zoans suddenly join him.

Reminder that REAL Devil Fruits are quite rare, specially Ancient/Mythical Zoans and each of them are one-of-a-kind.

So are famous pieces of art and rare books, but that doesn't stop ludicrously wealthy and influential collectors from going out of their way to find and hoard them.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Well Kaido isn't Blackbeard and the competition for rare fruits is fierce. The Op Op fruit had a price tag of 5,000,000,000, (Luffy's current bounty is 1,500,000,000) with the WG actively going after it as well.

Apart from that, going for a full Ancient Zoan / Zoan / Smile army can have a concrete tactical advantage during a war. Kaido's army is super durable and regenerates fast, which is amazing for siege-type encounters. I mean Jack fought the Monster Minks for days AND nights, and I think it's safe to say that the other top guys of the Beast Pirates could do that as well.
    Lousy paramecia would only be the weakest link in an otherwise reliable army, with zoan users roatating in and out of the fight if needed.

Though all that said, I'm also betting everything on Kaido simply being a zoan nerd.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Well Kaido isn't Blackbeard and the competition for rare fruits is fierce. The Op Op fruit had a price tag of 5,000,000,000, (Luffy's current bounty is 1,500,000,000) with the WG actively going after it as well.

Apart from that, going for a full Ancient Zoan / Zoan / Smile army can have a concrete tactical advantage during a war. Kaido's army is super durable and regenerates fast, which is amazing for siege-type encounters. I mean Jack fought the Monster Minks for days AND nights, and I think it's safe to say that the other top guys of the Beast Pirates could do that as well.
    Lousy paramecia would only be the weakest link in an otherwise reliable army, with zoan users roatating in and out of the fight if needed.

Though all that said, I'm also betting everything on Kaido simply being a zoan nerd.
    It makes sense. Big Mom's thing is family, Kaido's is...pets, I guess you could call them. Shanks' is true friends (like Luffy's) and Blackbeard's is kind of just like-minded individuals.

I'm a little disappointed that Queen's DF is a Brachiosaur, but I guess it makes sense for the triumvirate of Headliners. You've got an ancient mammal, Jack. You've got one of the, I think they call them some science word that I saw in a video yesterday, but it's what differentiated the bird-like dinos such as the T-Red/Raptor and Pteranodon (King) from the more Triceratops-y, Stegosaurus-y, Ankylosaurus-y ones. So even though the two dino ones are still dinos, there's a lot of difference between them and not just superficially.

I wonder if it's a good thing that Momo is currently hiding in his Zoan form; would anyone recognize him after 20 years?

I'm glad O-Lin came to the rescue because without that kind of distraction I have no idea how Luffy would manage to rescue Kidd and Killer. If Killer couldn't stop laughing, though, does that mean he's been aspirating water this entire time?

Also, Hawkins says Law can't beat him but what if Law only hurt Hawkins a little bit, causing his voodoo dolls to be expended for only minor injuries and thus making it unnecessary to deal mortal blows?
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; June 10th, 2019 at 08:32 AM.

Now I'm imagining Kid!Kaidou nerding out over a ZooBooks magazine...

A clearly bored Linlin dutifully standing over his shoulder pretending to listen as he gushes over the newest cool animal he's come across...
    Last edited by otakufan; June 10th, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

We are talking about the top pirates of the world. And not goody goody pirates, they are piratey pirates. Do you really think if Kaido found out a fruit he wanted was already eaten by a random person, he would just say "oh well, it is what it is" and go away? He would just kill the person and harvest the fruit (we saw with Caesar there are cheats to respawn a fruit next to you).

To be honest, I think phoenix_fire is right and this is a matter one is supposed to simply think it is a theme an leave at it (I don't think it is as bad as every character in some manga being baptized with names that somehow will perfectly reflect their future lives, but we never bat an eye at it), but if we really need an in-universe reason I don't think it is really hard to believe both Linlin and Kaido would use force on top of their connections to get a fruit they wanted.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; June 10th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    We are talking about the top pirates of the world. And not goody goody pirates, they are piratey pirates. Do you really think if Kaido found out a fruit he wanted was already eaten by a random person, he would just say "oh well, it is what it is" and go away? He would just kill the person and harvest the fruit (we saw with Caesar a person there are cheats to respawn a fruit next to you).

To be honest, I think phoenix_fire is right and this is matter one is supposed to simply think it is a theme an leave at it (I don't think it is as bad as every character in some manga being baptized with names that somehow will perfectly reflect their future lives, but we never bat an eye at it), but if we really need an in-universe reason I don't think it is really hard to believe both Linlin and Kaido would use force on top of their connections to get a fruit they wanted.
    Well Linlin most likely cannibalized someone to get their DF (albeit unintentionally) so yeah, literally nothing will stand in their way at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I actually really like the raid suit

I feel like I'm in a very small minority
    I'd like the suit more if it didn't mess with Sanji's hair and they replaced those dorky looking shoes.

He would just kill the person and harvest the fruit (we saw with Caesar a person there are cheats to respawn a fruit next to you).
    I think it's safe to say that cheating the respawn isn't that simple. Else you would see Devil Fruit head-hunters left and right, and not just Blackbeard with his special darkness fruit.

I assume Caesar was able to gather just enough info about the Axolotl Zoan to abuse it for his experiments. Maybe it was easier to deduce how to trigger the respawn, as opposed to fruits that really don't look like any normal fruit (like the Mera Mera) or fruits that aren't already listed in the fruit book.

We are talking about the top pirates of the world. And not goody goody pirates, they are piratey pirates. Do you really think if Kaido found out a fruit he wanted was already eaten by a random person, he would just say "oh well, it is what it is" and go away? He would just kill the person and harvest the fruit (we saw with Caesar a person there are cheats to respawn a fruit next to you).

To be honest, I think phoenix_fire is right and this is a matter one is supposed to simply think it is a theme an leave at it (I don't think it is as bad as every character in some manga being baptized with names that somehow will perfectly reflect their future lives, but we never bat an eye at it), but if we really need an in-universe reason I don't think it is really hard to believe both Linlin and Kaido would use force on top of their connections to get a fruit they wanted.
    Kaido doesn't bother me because he is chasing zoans but Big Mom wouuld because there's no reason she would do so with food fruits. But there's enough random one in her crew for t to not seemed forced to me.

Big Mom's crew is more diverse than just "Food" fruits, though.

Daifuku's a genie's lamp.
    Smoothie's a sponge.
    Oven's an...oven.
    Pudding controls memories.
    Mont d'Or has powers based on books.
    The dectuplets are a combining bio-mecha.
    Pekoms is a turtle.
    And Linlin herself has powers that have nothing to do with food, unless she chooses to.

While Cracker, Perospero, Opera, and Galette have powers centered around a specific food/substance, Katakuri may as well be any standard logia and Tamago Hyouko Niwatori is more about Phoenix-style rebirth than it is eggs...

Right now, the only non-Zoan/non-SMILE users we've seen in Kaidou's orbit are Hawkins and Apoo...
    Last edited by otakufan; June 10th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.

I think we might be in for a 3 way fight in the end or before the final battle in this arc. Big Mom vs Kaidou vs Luffy…then Big Mom gets taken out or gets hungry and runs off and completely destroys rest of Kaidou’s island probably just sink the whole thing which would be pretty cool to give Wano a clean start.
    One Piece ,\/,,

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post

Right now, the only non-Zoan/non-SMILE users we've seen in Kaidou's orbit are Hawkins and Apoo...
    Probably can add Scotch to this.

Kaido having only Zoan is ok (BM also only have Paramecia, the only exception was Pekoms and he is probably not part of the BMP anymore) because we can assume he specifically aimed for that as even the name of the crew reflects that.
    My problem is almost all of them being just variations of the same Ryu Ryu (Jack is the only exception of all the known Zoan in his crew so far). However, I can totally give it a pass if it ends up being Kaido wanting to have other "dragons" with him... anything that supports the theory him being originally a dragon will have my approval, really.

Kaido mostly Zoan.
    BM mostly Paramecia.
    Shanks mostly... haki?
    BB whatever he can steal.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Kaido is crazytown bananapants,
    Is it too late to change my superhero name? LOL.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information