+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135

Thread: Chapter 945: Olin

  1. #21
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Boy, what are the odds five different people who all ate different models of the Dragon-Dragon Fruit all are in the same crew?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Boy, what are the odds five different people who all ate different models of the Dragon-Dragon Fruit all are in the same crew?
    Lol you could say the same thing about Big Mom's crew having lots of food based devil fruits

  3. #23
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Pretty good odds considering Kaido's underworld connections.



    Spoiler:

  4. #24
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Boy, what are the odds five different people who all ate different models of the Dragon-Dragon Fruit all are in the same crew?
    We pretty much established Kaido like zoans so I don't think it's that crazy. He hires strong zoans and a lot of strong zoans are dinos.



  5. #25

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    How many people still believe were gonna get Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King?
    *raises hand*

    I expect Queen to be fully healed and ready to go by the fire festival. He'll be ready to go and no Samurai or non-Straw Hat from the alliance will be able to best him, King or Jack. Though with Kyoshiro and Ashura we are given the impression that they have the potential to put down Kaidou's top men but I don't see it happening in the slightest.

    Oda has shown us two Calamities in situations where they looked less than what one might expect from an Emperors commanders. Still how do you account for another Emperor and an island sized animal taking a swipe at you? Forces of nature should still be a threat to mortal beings lol. I think when things really go down by the end of the arc Jack, King and Queen will completely show their dominance against their many opponents.

    Doflamingo was given treatment like no other character in One Piece for the longest time. He was super confident and seemed almost untouchable for hundreds and hundreds of chapters. Law got that tiny little cut in but it wasn't until Luffy nailed the Red Hawk that Doffy took any kind of significant attack from anyone. So far we've seen multiple Emperors and their highest ranking officers on multiple occasions look a little off in their game. I don't mind it one bit because they aren't infallible gods and still have their own ship to deal with. The Animal Pirates have shown that they can be bested but just watch when Oda wants to really show us why they've been one of the dominating forces in the world for so long. That ALL IS LOST moment will be here sooner or later and the alliance is going to get hit hard.

    At the moment we are given some interesting exchanges or dialogue that could lead one to believe that Kyoshiro is Zoro's final opponent this arc and Drake is Sanji's. I think it's just a fake out or at the very least some sort of mid arc opponent before the both of those enemies end up defeated and on the side of the good guys. They may very well be Zoro and Sanji's stepping stones to an Emperor Commander.

    I imagine Zoro and Sanji will get help but will ultimately be the deciding factor in the defeat of 2 of the calamities. Jimbei too, thats my boy! He'll probably have some beef with Jack and some history about betraying his race or some nonesense that makes it personal for the both of them.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  6. #26

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    *raises hand*

    I expect Queen to be fully healed and ready to go by the fire festival. He'll be ready to go and no Samurai or non-Straw Hat from the alliance will be able to best him, King or Jack. Though with Kyoshiro and Ashura we are given the impression that they have the potential to put down Kaidou's top men but I don't see it happening in the slightest.

    Oda has shown us two Calamities in situations where they looked less than what one might expect from an Emperors commanders. Still how do you account for another Emperor and an island sized animal taking a swipe at you? Forces of nature should still be a threat to mortal beings lol. I think when things really go down by the end of the arc Jack, King and Queen will completely show their dominance against their many opponents.

    Doflamingo was given treatment like no other character in One Piece for the longest time. He was super confident and seemed almost untouchable for hundreds and hundreds of chapters. Law got that tiny little cut in but it wasn't until Luffy nailed the Red Hawk that Doffy took any kind of significant attack from anyone. So far we've seen multiple Emperors and their highest ranking officers on multiple occasions look a little off in their game. I don't mind it one bit because they aren't infallible gods and still have their own ship to deal with. The Animal Pirates have shown that they can be bested but just watch when Oda wants to really show us why they've been one of the dominating forces in the world for so long. That ALL IS LOST moment will be here sooner or later and the alliance is going to get hit hard.

    At the moment we are given some interesting exchanges or dialogue that could lead one to believe that Kyoshiro is Zoro's final opponent this arc and Drake is Sanji's. I think it's just a fake out or at the very least some sort of mid arc opponent before the both of those enemies end up defeated and on the side of the good guys. They may very well be Zoro and Sanji's stepping stones to an Emperor Commander.

    I imagine Zoro and Sanji will get help but will ultimately be the deciding factor in the defeat of 2 of the calamities. Jimbei too, thats my boy! He'll probably have some beef with Jack and some history about betraying his race or some nonesense that makes it personal for the both of them.
    I hope your right, I really want to see them fight the calamities, I mean I think Sanji vs Drake sounds interesting but I'd much rather have him fight queen, and I'm not pumped at all for Zoro vs kyoshiro as zoro's main arc battle if that is the way Oda is heading

  7. #27

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    The somber tone makes it feel like it'll indeed something related to Ashura's current apathy. Though I don't know about those theories about it being Denjiro's grave...
    The first thing that I thought of was Toki or Oden's body, but Denjiro is possible as well

  8. #28

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Actual chapter was much better than the impression spoilers left me with. The Ninja villains might be a neat band of people with weird powers, not sure what to expect from them anymore. Do they get completely defeated by arc's end and removed, swap sides at some point, or just be allowed to recover and remain around under Momo's new leadership?

    Love Hawkins way of using his fruit to take hostages. I do have to wonder though, did Hawkins know that cut would go to the guy in the cage? If it's random, it kinda would've messed up the message if the cut went to Bepo somewhere else. If it's not and Hawkins picks and chooses, it calls into question why he'd only have 3 dolls right now, although he could just be lying. Either way, I don't see many options for Law here. Either Law does some body swaps to take Hawkins' body for himself/his allies and figures out how to cancel the power himself, or Law surrenders here. Either way, I think this leads to Hawkins getting Law informed on whatever scheming the other supernovas here are doing.

    I have to assume Drake is still using full-dinosaur mode just because it's bigger and less suspicious when he causes collateral damage to the surrounding area with it. Surely if Drake was serious, he'd be fighting in hybrid form, right?

    Queen's Brachio-fruit reveal is cool and neat, can't wait/really hope to see more of it later on. Big Mom finally breaking in was definitely not as bad as I worried it would be. I expected Oda to go full-page spread devoted to just the Eneru-faces, and all Big Mom did was shove Little Foot's head into the ground. Now I'm just worried he'll get smacked down worse next chapter, but eh, I have interest now for how this is gonna play out.

    My only complaint is just a continued worry that, seeing Big Mom like this, Oda's gonna go ahead with the ally theory and we're never gonna get the beat down that LinLin so thoroughly deserves to get. Not getting that would be a big souring point for me.

  9. #29
    Discovered Stowaway fana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Honestly, I gave up on Zoro and Sanji ever getting big 1vs1 fights post timeskip until maybe the final arc and calling them "big" will probably be an overstatement if it's just a ~40-page fight against Blackbeard's crew.

    As much as I would like to see Zoro and Sanji defeat the top 2 calamities on their own, it's never going to happen.

    The focus on all those alliances and Luffy being way overdeveloped combat-wise compared to his crew makes me regret pre-TS dynamic with the Straw Hat crew living their adventures mostly on their own.
    Last edited by fana; June 10th, 2019 at 12:15 AM.

  10. #30
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Big Mom is fun. I hope she gives Queen a proper slap like she did to that bear when she was a kid.

    Hawkins is using his fruit smartly. He should do the same to strawhat to be fully immune to the alliance.

    That Kidd and Killer drowning seems unnecessary.



  11. #31

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    I wonder who Daifuku is going to fight.

    Maybe Page 1? Some of not yet shown Flying Six should be fighting with Big Mom children when they reach Wano..

  12. #32
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    The focus on all those alliances and Luffy being way overdeveloped combat-wise compared to his crew makes me regret pre-TS dynamic with the Straw Hat crew living their adventures mostly on their own.
    Yes! In earlier arcs they were the ones moving the plot. Nowadays they're often just going with the greater flow, partaking in events instead of driving them. Well we are where we are now because they decided to get involved in someone elses plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post

    My only complaint is just a continued worry that, seeing Big Mom like this, Oda's gonna go ahead with the ally theory and we're never gonna get the beat down that LinLin so thoroughly deserves to get. Not getting that would be a big souring point for me.
    If it were that easy, Oda wouldn't have bothered with the minor Chekhov's Gun of having Luffy and Hyogoro be the ones who finished off all the O-shiruko in the first place. Just leave things as they are with Queen being the primary offender for consuming it all. Makes it easier for Luffy and BM having a common enemy at this point.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    These beast pirates are really ruthless, doesn't matter if its sengoku + fujitora or a goddamn emperor, they will charge at you without a second thought.

    They truly resemble their captain lol

  15. #35
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Pretty good odds considering Kaido's underworld connections.
    What does pretty good even mean here, lol.

    It's not like it's a stock market. We have exotic fruits that can randomly pop up anywhere at any time, some of which might be eaten by someone already. it would also require each of users to pass out on any sweet devil fruit they might have got a hold of before dino-fruits just so they'd have thematically consistent devil fruit abilities.

    It's just a lazy convenience, same as with Big Mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  16. #36
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What does pretty good even mean here, lol.

    It's not like it's a stock market. We have exotic fruits that can randomly pop up anywhere at any time, some of which might be eaten by someone already. it would also require each of users to pass out on any sweet devil fruit they might have got a hold of before dino-fruits just so they'd have thematically consistent devil fruit abilities.
    Kaido actively wants Zoans in his crew. I don't think it's crazy he has so many.



  17. #37
    Witch of Miracles otakufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Ocean of Fragments

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Alternatively, Kaidou may have specifically sought out people with Dino-model Devil Fruits to recruit. Or just the fruits themselves as part of his efforts to build a Zoan army.

    If Doflamingo could track down the Mera Mera no Mi, it doesn't sound to far-fetched that he (or others under Kaidou's banner) could have been funneling any exotic Zoans they come across to back to Kaidou as well.

    Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

  18. #38
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Kaido actively wants Zoans in his crew. I don't think it's crazy he has so many.
    Don't think it's crazy either. Just unconvincing.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Alternatively, Kaidou may have specifically sought out people with Dino-model Devil Fruits to recruit. Or just the fruits themselves as part of his efforts to build a Zoan army.

    If Doflamingo could track down the Mera Mera no Mi, it doesn't sound to far-fetched that he (or others under Kaidou's banner) could have been funneling any exotic Zoans they come across to back to Kaidou as well.
    Well Dofla getting a hand on Mera Mera is also pure convenience, lol.

    I don't really think Oda gave it too much thought. He wanted crews with themed devil fruits, something something underworld market, voila.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  19. #39
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Don't think it's crazy either. Just unconvincing.
    To be fair Big Mom and Kaido seems to use their obscene power to force the world to please their most ridiculous desires rather than be smart or reasonable.



  20. #40
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Should I:
    A) use a good chunk of my resources to amass rare zoan devil fruits and create fake ones or
    B) use it to get some OP devil fruits with way more destructive potential?

    Then again we are Animal Kingdom Pirates. Our contract states "no paramecia" and "no logia"... :(((
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. O baba

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts