+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Same for me, apforums.net with the Fishman Island skin (which I use because, well, it's green, haha).

EDIT: Well, that's what I was using on my phone browser where I typed that from, anyway. Just pulled out my laptop and saw that I was using the forums.arlongpark.net on here, so I switched to the same one on my phone for consistency's sake. Not sure which one my work laptop is using.

Wasn't the forum having issues a year or two ago where the "forums.arlongpark.net" link wasn't working right or something?
    Dunno I switched to it on mobile because of the mobile theme.

Somehow it hasn't worked with the others

Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

FI is the best 'theme' available here. Retro pack being the other decent one.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I just came across the Oro Jackson forum for the first time before finding this thread. This is the first thing I found there.

Akainu's home island! Beautiful, isn't it?

Reading through the thread I'm perplexed at some people here. I'm a regular at OJ and semi-regular here. AP has certain advantages, it hasn't made me nearly as mad as OJ was able to for starters, the overall community is quieter which sometimes is really a nice change of pace, and I feel like there's a lot more people I could totally get along with here (please let there be more film and anime talk ); OJ has more activity though and sometimes it looks great if you have the mood for mindless fun and shitposting, I have made a lot of friendly interactions there as well. Redon's tweet and overall attitude on the matter, as well as some I'm reading here, are absolutely uncalled for though and I don't think I need to say why trying to create a confrontation among One Piece fandoms (which only really differ in the mood a forum creates and therefore there is no need to panic because those who come here will either adapt or leave) is ironically pretty toxic and these concerns don't have a reason of being if this forum is well policed and moderated. Which I don't doubt it is.

I'm pretty sure the feared transition will be smooth and occasional toxicity will be a non-issue as long as it's fastly taken out by the mods, except if you really try to make it so.

OJ may be closing but a new One Piece forum has been created.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    What where?

PM me

Edit
    Found it. Won't last long with that platform.
    Still kudos for the efforts
    Last edited by Kishido; July 16th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    Reading through the thread I'm perplexed at some people here. I'm a regular at OJ and semi-regular here. AP has certain advantages, it hasn't made me nearly as mad as OJ was able to for starters, the overall community is quieter which sometimes is really a nice change of pace, and I feel like there's a lot more people I could totally get along with here (please let there be more film and anime talk ); OJ has more activity though and sometimes it looks great if you have the mood for mindless fun and shitposting, I have made a lot of friendly interactions there as well. Redon's tweet and overall attitude on the matter, as well as some I'm reading here, are absolutely uncalled for though and I don't think I need to say why trying to create a confrontation among One Piece fandoms (which only really differ in the mood a forum creates and therefore there is no need to panic because those who come here will either adapt or leave) is ironically pretty toxic and these concerns don't have a reason of being if this forum is well policed and moderated. Which I don't doubt it is.

I'm pretty sure the feared transition will be smooth and occasional toxicity will be a non-issue as long as it's fastly taken out by the mods, except if you really try to make it so.
    I don't personally have a good image of that place - I rushed there during WCI to get more constant discussions fitting my hype levels at the moment, but I was instantly turned away when my first contact was a lot of users calling BM a whore because she had sex with different guys -, but I find this constant need of AP Forums to talk shit on OJ and put their users down on a clear attempt to make ourselves look better and more "elite" by comparison... well... unsightingly.
    And it also kinda hypocritical as we are currently feeding on them to get SBS and Vivre Card translations.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I don't personally have a good image of that place - I rushed there during WCI to get more constant discussions fitting my hype levels at the moment, but I was instantly turned away when my first contact was a lot of users calling BM a whore because she had sex with different guys -, but I find this constant need of AP Forums to talk shit on OJ and put their users down on a clear attempt to make ourselves look better and more "elite" by comparison... well... unsightingly.
    And it also kinda hypocritical as we are currently feeding on them to get SBS and Vivre Card translations.
    Yep, I understand that, I feel the same to be honest when those kinds of tasteless comments are spread around. I felt way more attached to certain people than others in that community for a reason, I never felt the energy to participate regularly in games and community projects and my participation went on bursts.

I personally don't like elite attitudes, but I understand a desire of self-preservation in a basic level. If you don't want an OJ-like community in AP (I don't want it either) then of course you are free to express this concern. The problem arises when you are pointing at the users, a number of them being active on both sites, and treating them like some sort of plague in a basic lack of understanding of how communities work on the internet and how people can change and adapt their mannerisms to fit in different places. I don't write silly oneliners here joking about Zoro's powerlevel, for instance xD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    What, we not a cool enough hangout spot?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Don't forget the massive ZvS topics and off topic discussions, massive amounts of dumb ass talks of L's, shippers being toxic to each other where both shipping threads were near closed becuase the shippers on the site were so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    What where?

PM me

Edit
    Yo DM me the link to this new One Piece forum site. I wanna see what it looks like fam.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    What where?

PM me

Edit
    Why do you think TB will not last long with the Xenforo platform? I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    (please let there be more film and anime talk )
    I agree with this
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Why do you think TB will not last long with the Xenforo platform? I am curious.
    What? I was talking about WorstGeneration

What forum do you mean?

EDIT

Dound this one as well... It is a mess so far

The mods on Orojackson started banning people left and right. I do sincerwly hope the mods aren’t as stuck up and snowflaky on this site

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information