+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

  1. #121
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Same for me, apforums.net with the Fishman Island skin (which I use because, well, it's green, haha).

    EDIT: Well, that's what I was using on my phone browser where I typed that from, anyway. Just pulled out my laptop and saw that I was using the forums.arlongpark.net on here, so I switched to the same one on my phone for consistency's sake. Not sure which one my work laptop is using.

    Wasn't the forum having issues a year or two ago where the "forums.arlongpark.net" link wasn't working right or something?
    Dunno I switched to it on mobile because of the mobile theme.

    Somehow it hasn't worked with the others

  2. #122

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    FI is the best 'theme' available here. Retro pack being the other decent one.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”


  3. #123

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    I just came across the Oro Jackson forum for the first time before finding this thread. This is the first thing I found there.


    Akainu's home island! Beautiful, isn't it?

  4. #124

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Reading through the thread I'm perplexed at some people here. I'm a regular at OJ and semi-regular here. AP has certain advantages, it hasn't made me nearly as mad as OJ was able to for starters, the overall community is quieter which sometimes is really a nice change of pace, and I feel like there's a lot more people I could totally get along with here (please let there be more film and anime talk ); OJ has more activity though and sometimes it looks great if you have the mood for mindless fun and shitposting, I have made a lot of friendly interactions there as well. Redon's tweet and overall attitude on the matter, as well as some I'm reading here, are absolutely uncalled for though and I don't think I need to say why trying to create a confrontation among One Piece fandoms (which only really differ in the mood a forum creates and therefore there is no need to panic because those who come here will either adapt or leave) is ironically pretty toxic and these concerns don't have a reason of being if this forum is well policed and moderated. Which I don't doubt it is.

    I'm pretty sure the feared transition will be smooth and occasional toxicity will be a non-issue as long as it's fastly taken out by the mods, except if you really try to make it so.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    OJ may be closing but a new One Piece forum has been created.

  6. #126
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    OJ may be closing but a new One Piece forum has been created.
    What where?

    PM me

    Edit
    Found it. Won't last long with that platform.
    Still kudos for the efforts
    Last edited by Kishido; July 16th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    Reading through the thread I'm perplexed at some people here. I'm a regular at OJ and semi-regular here. AP has certain advantages, it hasn't made me nearly as mad as OJ was able to for starters, the overall community is quieter which sometimes is really a nice change of pace, and I feel like there's a lot more people I could totally get along with here (please let there be more film and anime talk ); OJ has more activity though and sometimes it looks great if you have the mood for mindless fun and shitposting, I have made a lot of friendly interactions there as well. Redon's tweet and overall attitude on the matter, as well as some I'm reading here, are absolutely uncalled for though and I don't think I need to say why trying to create a confrontation among One Piece fandoms (which only really differ in the mood a forum creates and therefore there is no need to panic because those who come here will either adapt or leave) is ironically pretty toxic and these concerns don't have a reason of being if this forum is well policed and moderated. Which I don't doubt it is.

    I'm pretty sure the feared transition will be smooth and occasional toxicity will be a non-issue as long as it's fastly taken out by the mods, except if you really try to make it so.
    I don't personally have a good image of that place - I rushed there during WCI to get more constant discussions fitting my hype levels at the moment, but I was instantly turned away when my first contact was a lot of users calling BM a whore because she had sex with different guys -, but I find this constant need of AP Forums to talk shit on OJ and put their users down on a clear attempt to make ourselves look better and more "elite" by comparison... well... unsightingly.
    And it also kinda hypocritical as we are currently feeding on them to get SBS and Vivre Card translations.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I don't personally have a good image of that place - I rushed there during WCI to get more constant discussions fitting my hype levels at the moment, but I was instantly turned away when my first contact was a lot of users calling BM a whore because she had sex with different guys -, but I find this constant need of AP Forums to talk shit on OJ and put their users down on a clear attempt to make ourselves look better and more "elite" by comparison... well... unsightingly.
    And it also kinda hypocritical as we are currently feeding on them to get SBS and Vivre Card translations.
    Yep, I understand that, I feel the same to be honest when those kinds of tasteless comments are spread around. I felt way more attached to certain people than others in that community for a reason, I never felt the energy to participate regularly in games and community projects and my participation went on bursts.

    I personally don't like elite attitudes, but I understand a desire of self-preservation in a basic level. If you don't want an OJ-like community in AP (I don't want it either) then of course you are free to express this concern. The problem arises when you are pointing at the users, a number of them being active on both sites, and treating them like some sort of plague in a basic lack of understanding of how communities work on the internet and how people can change and adapt their mannerisms to fit in different places. I don't write silly oneliners here joking about Zoro's powerlevel, for instance xD

  9. #129
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    OJ may be closing but a new One Piece forum has been created.
    What, we not a cool enough hangout spot?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

  10. #130

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I don't personally have a good image of that place - I rushed there during WCI to get more constant discussions fitting my hype levels at the moment, but I was instantly turned away when my first contact was a lot of users calling BM a whore because she had sex with different guys -, but I find this constant need of AP Forums to talk shit on OJ and put their users down on a clear attempt to make ourselves look better and more "elite" by comparison... well... unsightingly.
    Don't forget the massive ZvS topics and off topic discussions, massive amounts of dumb ass talks of L's, shippers being toxic to each other where both shipping threads were near closed becuase the shippers on the site were so awful.

  11. #131
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    What where?

    PM me

    Edit
    Found it. Won't last long with that platform.
    Still kudos for the efforts
    Yo DM me the link to this new One Piece forum site. I wanna see what it looks like fam.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    What where?

    PM me

    Edit
    Found it. Won't last long with that platform.
    Still kudos for the efforts
    Why do you think TB will not last long with the Xenforo platform? I am curious.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    (please let there be more film and anime talk )
    I agree with this
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

  14. #134
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Why do you think TB will not last long with the Xenforo platform? I am curious.
    What? I was talking about WorstGeneration

    What forum do you mean?

    EDIT

    Dound this one as well... It is a mess so far

  15. #135

    Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

    The mods on Orojackson started banning people left and right. I do sincerwly hope the mods aren’t as stuck up and snowflaky on this site

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts