+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

How does AP make its money to remain open, anyway?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Smuggling rare animal body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    By contributions from users like you. Thank you!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

By sale of tasteful but sensual postcards of wolfwood

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    By sale of tasteful but sensual postcards of wolfwood
    I wonder when my batch of 100 will arrive.

The truth is that, except for a few exceptions here and there (they know who they are), the staff has paid all the bills for 16 years now. Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but with all the chatter about wanting upgrades and stuff...

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, uh, on the subject of features, how does the web chat function work? I never see anything happen when I type.

The love story of two fans from OJ and AP after the great migration, and the forces of society trying to part them forever. Old OJ nobility reduced to chefs and bankers, while the workers barely scrap by, while the fat cats of AP enjoy cheap labor and an "outsider" to blame for everything, from the weather to oda's breaks. All the while the YouTuber conspiracy closes in from the sidelines to fan the flames of war and reap the spoil-ers.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think most of those who are interested in a new forum will migrate to NF eventually once their ego( on posting about OP in a Naruto forum)cool down, unless the remnants manage to built a new site up.

Honestly, those who got engaged in forum chatting after 2010 would find it hard to settle here.AP has the feels of old school message 'board' which won't suit most of them.I just hope in the meantimes, old bullies will be properly reigned this time to discourage a newcomer, no matter how outlandish theory he/she makes.

P.S: Of course no mercy to irritating fanboys.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

oh god NF

Where there exists an entire section where one can post "X vs Y" threads.

With the content of such being almost all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

'X vs Y' type of thread is not a problem.Everybody need their own pleasures.
    The problem is when those things spills out all the times in all the places and the posters/trolls get away with it.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    oh god NF

Where there exists an entire section where one can post "X vs Y" threads.

With the content of such being almost all the same.
    RUFFY VZ NALT HOO WIL WIN!?

lol I love Arlong Park.

Aohige vs Redon, whose power level wins out
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Hello, I'm from Oro Jackson. It's closing because of the funds but also the fact they don't have time and resources to run such complicated framework any longer.

I for one very much liked that on Oro Jackson even the die-hard power-scaling fans were expressing their opinions. It made discussions a lot more interesting and really allowed you to look at things from a different perspective (and I say that as one of the people who isn't really nitpicking or powerscalling). This way forum was lively and active!

Maybe when refugees from Oro Jackson will come here a little bit of that open and colorful culture will come here as well ლ(•ω •ლ)

Though I must admit I'm just at the begining of explorng Arlong Park.

Trying to find a place for myself before OJ sinks to the bottom of the ocean

Interesting to see some people moving over from OJ I actually made an account on OJ like 2-3 months ago forgetting I had a account with AP but the atmosphere here is a a lot different compared to OJ.

All in all new people welcome to AP

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Rose View Post
    Hello, I'm from Oro Jackson. It's closing because of the funds but also the fact they don't have time and resources to run such complicated framework any longer.

I for one very much liked that on Oro Jackson even the die-hard power-scaling fans were expressing their opinions. It made discussions a lot more interesting and really allowed you to look at things from a different perspective (and I say that as one of the people who isn't really nitpicking or powerscalling). This way forum was lively and active!

Maybe when refugees from Oro Jackson will come here a little bit of that open and colorful culture will come here as well ლ(•ω •ლ)

Though I must admit I'm just at the begining of explorng Arlong Park.
    Nope please no battledom or threads about power scaling and stuff... It never turns out good...

Further more it would start to spam the chapter threads with the same old annoying as fuck arguments wich completely derails the purpose of a chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Nope please no battledom or threads about power scaling and stuff... It never turns out good...

Further more it would start to spam the chapter threads with the same old annoying as fuck arguments wich completely derails the purpose of a chapter.
    But it's a choice whether you visit those threads or not. And if people want to discuss power scalling then let them - If they do spam indeed then as far as I remember there is a report button? People should be allowed to discuss whatever parts of the story they want Ψ(`▽´)Ψ

Trying to find a place for myself before OJ sinks to the bottom of the ocean

It sort of amazes me how things come full circle. AP waaaay back like 2007 was a shit posting central full of Zoro is totes teh kewlest power level wanking and awful awful theories. But now people are like oh you guys should try this new thing called shit posting it's fun, meanwhile they are talking to the grandfather of all one piece shit posting. But hey i get it AP succesfully purged the power level idiots, and they've been kept down so long that people have forgotten just how annoying those perpetual 13 year olds are and think hey what would be the harm...

lol didn't the mods here ban like all the shitposters in one day at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Rose View Post
    But it's a choice whether you visit those threads or not. And if people want to discuss power scalling then let them - If they do spam indeed then as far as I remember there is a report button? People should be allowed to discuss whatever parts of the story they want Ψ(`▽´)Ψ
    Have you seen the chapter threads are OJ?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It sort of amazes me how things come full circle. AP waaaay back like 2007 was a shit posting central full of Zoro is totes teh kewlest power level wanking and awful awful theories. But now people are like oh you guys should try this new thing called shit posting it's fun, meanwhile they are talking to the grandfather of all one piece shit posting. But hey i get it AP succesfully purged the power level idiots, and they've been kept down so long that people have forgotten just how annoying those perpetual 13 year olds are and think hey what would be the harm...
    And I am one of the purged souls

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information