+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I can't get into the specifics. Money changes hands. Like I said, this place aint free.

https://youtu.be/5j2F4VcBmeo

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Why are they closing down?
    Blackbeard wanted to get powerful crew members

You guys need to remove spam bots on intro thread. Its terrible reputation for an admin if he cannot figure out to remove those.

Sorry if i said in offensive . I agree very much with kishido.

Many of the one piece forums have died . OPB, OJ , Dunno whatelse forum.

This is the only known one piece forum left.

I guess we can expect alot of backseat administration on how to make AP more OJ:ey from now on out huh.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I guess we can expect alot of backseat administration on how to make AP more OJ:ey from now on out huh.
    you should be banned if you don't agree with my zoro sharingan devil mode theory

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post

I eventually ended up migrating away from OJ (becoming mostly inactive there except for the chapter comparisons) and back to AP simply due to liking the atmosphere here better. It did, indeed, get toxic there sometimes. Yeah, the fact that anybody could make a thread about pretty much any theory (or anything) made it kinda messy, and it felt like you couldn't point out that an objectively stupid theory was stupid (even when explaining why) without getting warned by mods for it. The constant Zoro v Sanji and other power level debates was exhausting. Hell, I hate that enough when it happens here, but if you think it gets bad here, oh boy...
    Plus, the "like" system that OJ had, and the ranking level that's based on how many likes you get and how much you post rather than the quality and content of what you post...I think some members there like that system, but I wasn't really a fan.

However, with all of that said, it's still a shame to see it go just for the fact that, while Oro Jackson turned out to not be my cup of tea, nor that of many other regulars and long-time members here, it was exactly what some people out there wanted and needed, and I still feel bad for the members of OJ who found a great community of friends there that they're now losing. Having met many really cool people here on AP and being part of an awesome community with several of them, I can certainly sympathize with how hard it must be to lose that.

Yoohoi! I'm from OJ and looking for a new home i've been with them for just 6 months i can't say i'm sorry for the "forum" itself cuz i don't give a damn about the "design" i was hanging out both on AP and OJ looking for spoilers for a lot of time but eventually joined OJ mostly because of the community and the """toxic""" stuff.
    The place here seem to be more moderate and i respect that but all of these things:
    -Making threads about any stipid theory/idea u have
    -The Zoro vs Sanji (or Any vs Any) debate
    -The power level debates
    -The Spoiler Waiting Room
    (The blessed Spoiler Waiting Room)

Yes some times it gets RLYYYYYYYY TOXIC but the fact that you could have had a "bad time" with someone arguing about a "stupid theory" / power level and then the next couple of hrs had a fun time with him in the Spoiler Waiting Room with all the fun/Shitpost idk but i rly felt connected with the community (with all of them rly there are users that i kinda""""hate"""" when it comes to debates in the theories post but in the spoiler waiting room it feels like we all become a lovely family) and yes with all of these things even if it seem "messy" it make the forum look very active and feel like u have always something to do and someone to interact with (in a toxic or fun way).

I hope if many of us will come here you will consider these things.

OJ people are already improving the site. By gigantifying the font I can now read text without the need of glasses. My nearsightedness is cured. Thank you OJ.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

As someone not too familiar with OJ, what was there stance on posting about scanlation spoilers before the official release?

Because that was a point of contention at first here, but for the most part hasn't been a problem after everyone got into the habit of keeping it to the spoiler thread.

If it's similar to what i've seen on the op reddit the few times i've been there, i could see that being something members from that site would have a problem with here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    As someone not too familiar with OJ, what was there stance on posting about scanlation spoilers before the official release?

Because that was a point of contention at first here, but for the most part hasn't been a problem after everyone got into the habit of keeping it to the spoiler thread.

If it's similar to what i've seen on the op reddit the few times i've been there, i could see that being something members from that site would have a problem with here.
    At OJ, as soon as scanlations hit, the chapter thread is out.

I love the concern about OJ members doing a mass exodus to AP, you brought this upon yourselves.

Ope, it was either join Arlong Park or register as a cyber-bully so here I am....

Another OJ member migrating to AP forum nice to meet you all, hopefully I can have a good time here

Is it just me or is Orojackson not loading up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Let’s all hope they migrate to Youtube.
    Heyy. We all arent bad. Same human beings as you all. Im looking forward to spending time here.

Welcome OJ Members!

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I'm just going to say that from my own personal perspective and hand-wringing is silly. It doesn't matter where a user is coming from if they're interested in being an engaged, productive member of the community. More activity is good, and any toxicity will be filtered out just like it always has been.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I'm just going to say that from my own personal perspective and hand-wringing is silly. It doesn't matter where a user is coming from if they're interested in being an engaged, productive member of the community. More activity is good, and any toxicity will be filtered out just like it always has been.
    Are you just gonna throw out the excellent possibility for a lover from the wrong side of the track dynamic with these people. Maybe even a trading places story where we can place bets on if an OJ:er can pass for AP nobility if given the opportunity. Buuut sure it's all fine, i mean it's not like they are one piece youtubers atleast. Given time maybe their second generation AP kids will be picking on the next migration wave which is clearly worse than the good ol' OJ immigrants who came before them

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Welcome to the new OJ folks!
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    And the old ass engine this site is using won't help as well.
    You mean the very thing that made the admins of OJ forced to close down the site?

I mean yea, APforums isn't pretty, colorful or visually appealing like OJ but none of that has anything to do with the actual level of content and discussions. OJ has always produced some of the worst OP content online.

While the mods aren't that active (yes, they have their own stuff *shocking*), the quality control is FAR better here. There is a reason why a random yahoo can't make a thread about their daily brain farts here and get likes and praise for those brain farts.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

As for it closing down, I think it was bound to happen.

The forum started to focus FAR too much on themes, visuals and other stuff that would be harder to sustain financially long-term. If there were any good stuff from that site, then I would feel something upon hearing this news, especially since I joined the site before it became what it is now, but I can't say I do.

For the OJ members that are joining or have joined, I do hope you realize that this site doesn't work on the same "post whatever bullshit you want" like OJ. Make sure to read the older threads to understand some of the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    You mean the very thing that made the admins of OJ forced to close down the site?

I mean yea, APforums isn't pretty, colorful or visually appealing like OJ but none of that has anything to do with the actual level of content and discussions. OJ has always produced some of the worst OP content online.

While the mods aren't that active (yes, they have their own stuff *shocking*), the quality control is FAR better here. There is a reason why a random yahoo can't make a thread about their daily brain farts here and get likes and praise for those brain farts.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

As for it closing down, I think it was bound to happen.

The forum started to focus FAR too much on themes, visuals and other stuff that would be harder to sustain financially long-term. If there were any good stuff from that site, then I would feel something upon hearing this news, especially since I joined the site before it became what it is now, but I can't say I do.

For the OJ members that are joining or have joined, I do hope you realize that this site doesn't work on the same "post whatever bullshit you want" like OJ. Make sure to read the older threads to understand some of the discussions.
    Ok... So you think XenForo upgrade makes you suddenly bancrupt... And same goes for themes.

Well that's not the case.

About the moderation. There I am with you. OJ sucked and wasn't fun in the slightest

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Are you just gonna throw out the excellent possibility for a lover from the wrong side of the track dynamic with these people. Maybe even a trading places story where we can place bets on if an OJ:er can pass for AP nobility if given the opportunity. Buuut sure it's all fine, i mean it's not like they are one piece youtubers atleast. Given time maybe their second generation AP kids will be picking on the next migration wave which is clearly worse than the good ol' OJ immigrants who came before them
    Oh trust me, the metaphor is not lost on me lol
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information