+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Default Re: Orojackson Forum is closing its website

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    They're already talking about coming here and showing how much of a troll they can be. It might be based on what Redon said. I might have to use the ignore option for the 1st time

https://orojackson.com/threads/one-p...8#post-4120147
    They should just go to /a/ with shitposts like that.

Sad day for us OJ members :'(

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It seems much more immature to care about a meme thread existing without ever needing to enter it than to actually post in it. I could understand some mods having hesitation about things, but regular posters. I don't get the hate.
    Nothing wrong with wanting a sense of quality control. You allow that then the bar has been lowered and who knows where we go from there.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by BOCCHI View Post
    Very sad day for us indeed (I'm Shinjojin there). Well at least we have until end of August to enjoy the place a little longer before they pull the plug. :(
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 3/24/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Well let us see if some will end here...

Doubt it cuz AP isn't as attractive for the "casual" fan wanting to talk about Zoro vs Sanji in different threads created

And the old ass engine this site is using won't help as well.

But the highers here do not care that much after all anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BOCCHI View Post
    Sad day indeed :(.

It's heavy stuff for sure.

Been a member there for 3 1/2 years, and while I was not exactly super active it had some great moments.

Yes they were often hella toxic, but I feel like that was part of the appeal of being there.
    Working process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Well let us see if some will end here...

Doubt it cuz AP isn't as attractive for the "casual" fan wanting to talk about Zoro vs Sanji in different threads created

And the old ass engine this site is using won't help as well.

But the highers here do not care that much after all anymore
    Is current AP really that behind OJ in terms of design and functionality

It seems OJ just had more forums and smilies options

The actual tech isnt really that different

Heck that's part of why they were trying to make an OJ 2.0 was that it didnt change in years
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Is current AP really that behind OJ in terms of design and functionality

It seems OJ just had more forums and smilies options

The actual tech isnt really that different

Heck that's part of why they were trying to make an OJ 2.0 was that it didnt change in years
    Ehhh yes it is.

vBulletin is outdated and we still have a shit mobile theme with no real options

And no I won't buy Tapatalk just to brwose on outdated sites.

XenForo is much better.

Further more as I mentioned the admins and Co have done jackshit to even do a single update... Non of them is active that much and even finished themes aren't included.

But tech aside the forum isn't even close as active as in the past.

You can say herp derp Reddit, YouTube and so on is the future but OJ, even if I admit it's over the top with bullshit, is extremely active. Spoilers and translations are posted most of the time there first. Back on the past AP was.the first place to go

Do not get me wrong. I like how some things are managed here like not creating a new thread for every brain fart.

Still it could be more user friendly again... Same goes for not sitting on a high horse because we feel like elites

And a big chance to do so is right now...
    Last edited by Kishido; June 6th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

I'm not tech savy enough to even tell what could be improved.

Feels pretty stable and decent enough to my old dinosaur eyes

what do you want? Mobile responsive version? More themes? More Smileys? That costs time, or on its flip side, money, to do.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

i like the way this forum looks

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

As someone who's a member of both forums, who briefly became fairly active on Oro Jackson and somewhat inactive on Arlong Park for a little while shortly after joining the former (and a few months after joining the latter), I can honestly say that the site design and higher levels of activity were/are the only things I really considered to be better about OJ. And even those are minor gripes to me; I still find the format of AP to be perfectly fine and don't have a problem with it, and am busy enough these days that, usually, the level of activity we have around here is about the level I can keep up with, only feeling like it's too slow on some occasions (like during manga break weeks).

I eventually ended up migrating away from OJ (becoming mostly inactive there except for the chapter comparisons) and back to AP simply due to liking the atmosphere here better. It did, indeed, get toxic there sometimes. Yeah, the fact that anybody could make a thread about pretty much any theory (or anything) made it kinda messy, and it felt like you couldn't point out that an objectively stupid theory was stupid (even when explaining why) without getting warned by mods for it. The constant Zoro v Sanji and other power level debates was exhausting. Hell, I hate that enough when it happens here, but if you think it gets bad here, oh boy...
    Plus, the "like" system that OJ had, and the ranking level that's based on how many likes you get and how much you post rather than the quality and content of what you post...I think some members there like that system, but I wasn't really a fan.

However, with all of that said, it's still a shame to see it go just for the fact that, while Oro Jackson turned out to not be my cup of tea, nor that of many other regulars and long-time members here, it was exactly what some people out there wanted and needed, and I still feel bad for the members of OJ who found a great community of friends there that they're now losing. Having met many really cool people here on AP and being part of an awesome community with several of them, I can certainly sympathize with how hard it must be to lose that.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Further more as I mentioned the admins and Co have done jackshit to even do a single update... Non of them is active that much and even finished themes aren't included.
    Why you gonna do me like that, Kish? I thought we were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Why you gonna do me like that, Kish? I thought we were cool.
    And we are and I am happy that you are reacted to me with your first post since 7 month.

Would love to see a tad more active and would love to see this forum getting some upgrades and the love it deserves

Maybe my post was a bit harsh... But it was harsh because I love this forum and just want the best for it... Meaning being the numero 1 source for OP fans to gather like in the past.

Not only this site was my first ever forum, it also teached me a lot. My English alone, even while still bad, is far better than in the past.

I even miss some people from the glory days which smacked me.around because of my annoying fanoboy shit...

But seems most are gone or not active like you...

And that is why I hope with OJ closing, which I do not care for, there is a chance to bring some people ok board here.

But this would mean active support by people like you and maybe some upgrades in the software.

Because come on... Some people can say hey it's fine but it totally isn't in 2019

Well, this place aint free. I'm always here, I just have lots of... extracurricular activities, and that makes it difficult to engage in conversation. I'm still happy to read and when necessary (IE: server issues) support from behind the scenes.

I just have lots of... extracurricular activities
    Why does this sound so shady. I mean Brenn is a wholesome family man so it can't be what we all are thinking right? Or am i the only one who immedietly assumed that AP is an elaborate front for Brennens many many illicit activities

I can't get into the specifics. Money changes hands. Like I said, this place aint free.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I can't get into the specifics.
    ....If you know what's good for you, see?

*Puffs cigar*

As someone who's a member of both forums, who briefly became fairly active on Oro Jackson and somewhat inactive on Arlong Park for a little while shortly after joining the former (and a few months after joining the latter),
    This got more and more confusing as it went on ^o^

Right, OJ is heading out, that's sad. Lots of young fans grew up there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information