+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 886: ''The Holy Land In an Uproar - Princess Shirahoshi Targetted''

Default 886: ''The Holy Land In an Uproar - Princess Shirahoshi Targetted''

Hey, I think I've seen this rerun somewhere before...

Title: ''The Holy Land In an Uproar - Princess Shirahoshi Targeted''
    Chapters Covered: most of 907
    Episode Director: Masahiro Hosoda (***)
    Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 886: ''The Holy Land In an Uproar - Princess Shirahoshi Targetted''

The Empty Throne - Episode 886

One Piece Episode 887 Preview

Spoiler:
    The top of the throne looks a lot like a map of the New World.

The "stars" are islands.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, it should be about two weeks from now for when
    Spoiler:
    We see Imu and The Gorosei together
    , right?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    So, it should be about two weeks from now for when
    Spoiler:
    We see Imu and The Gorosei together
    , right?
    A little hard to tell because they aren't following the chapters 1 to 1 right now. They only animated the middle of chapter 907 this episode, and it looks like from the previews they will be covering the other half of that chapter in next week's preview. Since the scene you're referring to is at the end of chapter 908, I would not be shocked if they stretched 908 over two episodes also and we got the reveal 3 episodes from now.

Tu delivered some nice, though conservative character acting and action cuts this episode. That's really all that can really be said about this episode staff wise...

That felt especially lazy and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

It's hilarious that they continue to modify Robin's color scheme so she appears more pale in the flashbacks, all the other animation remains the same!

Not sure what happened with Toei because as a whole Whole Cake Island was given good treatment and direction overall. I can only hope they are gearing up to produce a good Wano arc and also that the next couple of episodes which contain very important information for the story as a whole are treated respectfully.

This episode wasn't extremely bad by any means. But the way the flashbacks were handled made things feel disconnected somehow.

The flashbacks were just a bit too much and too long to the point that it killed the emotional momentum of what was happening in the present.

btw, this is a nitpick, I noticed they were using "Gear Two" and "Gear Three" in the subtitles, which strikes me funny since Luffy is clearly saying "Gear Second/Third". You'd think they'd keep that consistent.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

It used to say Second Gear / Third Gear, and the Funimation dub still uses that . The subs have no consistency.

Crunchyroll uses the same terminology that Viz does, FYI.

Crunchyroll is a fucking mess. King Kai Fist anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Crunchyroll uses the same terminology that Viz does, FYI.
    Speaking of which, they translated Miss Universe's amazing "Gold-dig-dig-dig" laugh as "My gold-digging self laughs". What a strange decision that clearly contradicts the voice track.

That had to have been a screw up. I can't see any serious translation going with something so ridiculous.

Also King Neptune screaming "I'll kick their butts" when his daughter is about to be enslaved by scumbags REALLY takes you out of the moment. If you don't want to use "ass" to reflect intensity and anger than just go with something else. I hate decisions like this that water things down.

The Empty Throne colour scheme....all red
    Not quite what i was expecting but i like it.

Stelly is a greedy little piece of crap...i wonder if he'll try to sit on it during the Reverie....
    Though i'm sure that would probably spell the end of the Goa Kingdom...if he were that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Crunchyroll is a fucking mess. King Kai Fist anyone?
    Giving me flashbacks to the first Budokai game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

In fairness that is an accurate translation

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information