+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 885: "The Holy Land's Darkness - The Mystery of the Giant Straw Hat"

Default Re: 885: "The Holy Land's Darkness - The Mystery of the Giant Straw Hat"

I wouldn’t mind the recaps if they served a purpose. But the frustrating part is that Toei is still going to go at the same sluggish pace once they leave the arc. The recaps won’t help them pace the next arc more appropriately.

Default Re: 885: "The Holy Land's Darkness - The Mystery of the Giant Straw Hat"

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I wouldn’t mind the recaps if they served a purpose. But the frustrating part is that Toei is still going to go at the same sluggish pace once they leave the arc. The recaps won’t help them pace the next arc more appropriately.
    hopefully if Toei is smart, they can fill in some of the gaps during the next arc. Wano's been moving pretty quickly and honestly i think the arc could benefit from Toei fleshing out some scenes a bit more. but i'm not gonna pretend like Toei hasn't disappointed me before lol

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

though honestly with that said, Toei's earned a lot of goodwill from me over how they executed Whole Cake. i liked the way they handled the katakuri fight, especially the one episode in particular which is the best animated single episode in the series, and the musicale sequences were great. and the Soul Pocus finale may be my favorite episode in the entire series. like that's more ambitious than the anime has been in a long time. so hopefully they're using the reverie as a breather while they prepare themselves for the behemoth that Wano is/will be.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    hopefully if Toei is smart, they can fill in some of the gaps during the next arc. Wano's been moving pretty quickly and honestly i think the arc could benefit from Toei fleshing out some scenes a bit more. but i'm not gonna pretend like Toei hasn't disappointed me before lol

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

though honestly with that said, Toei's earned a lot of goodwill from me over how they executed Whole Cake. i liked the way they handled the katakuri fight, especially the one episode in particular which is the best animated single episode in the series, and the musicale sequences were great. and the Soul Pocus finale may be my favorite episode in the entire series. like that's more ambitious than the anime has been in a long time. so hopefully they're using the reverie as a breather while they prepare themselves for the behemoth that Wano is/will be.
    Hoping the new series director is able to add some much needed atmosphere to the Wano arc in the anime, the new series director managed to make something like DBS a somewhat atmospheric show while he was working on it. Also, there are a lot of scenes the manga skips over, so I think the anime would have more than enough space to fill them in like they did for some other fights(such as Pedro vs Tamago and Big Mum vs Brook). Really hoping we get a few more key action animators as well, we have a three really good ones that pop up a lot and do a considerable amount of action in the episodes they appear in(one of which being known to animate nearly a third of the episodes he shows up on by himself), but maybe two or three more to that would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information