+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 942: Daimyo of Hakumai, Shimotsuki Yasuie

Default Re: Chapter 942: Daimyo of Hakumai, Shimotsuki Yasuie

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I dont get why you insist calling it "cartoonish" or "childish" its just actually the most logical thing. Orochi's power seems made exactly for the 9 samurai to fight him. I could accept the criticism that maybe is 'too predictable' but i just dont get the 'cartoonish' thing.
    Should ve been 8 scabbards?

Kiku got eaten by O-Lin so we're down to 8
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Congrats Oda, you finally killed someone in modern day in a meaningful way, fully on camera, with a smile and passed on dream, whose death serves a real story purpose, with a body and an onscreen death blow, and a multitude of credible witnesses including the strawhats, in a way even you probably won't weasel out of, without it being a major world changing event. About time!

Of course, its One Piece and its *only* bullets, and Law is on the island and devil fruits and what have you, so even this can be undone. He seems like he even took a bullet to the head, but maybe his thick floofy hair blocked it. But for now it seems like a legit real time death. That I'm not going to completely doubt for months to come. FINALLY.

Pedro's probably still alive though, as all of those things being so clearly on camera here makes their absence with him even clearer, so it is what it is.

He'd be near unbeatable in the old world like all the other Logias. It's only in haki town that he's pathetic.
    He's not even really pathetic just dwarfed by the pirate king and beneath his top 3 men.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    He'd be near unbeatable in the old world like all the other Logias. It's only in haki town that he's pathetic.
    True true, before ambition he'd be somebody based on the inherent value of the devil fruit itself. But post-ambition in the new world he is pretty unremarkable, a glass cannon essentially, with no fallback skillset beyond that quick burst offensive power

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I mean, he's still just an eight year old kid with a defective DF.
    VegaPunk made that one and it was displayed as if it was an achievement. Cesar was the one who claimed it was 'defective', most likely because of jealousy.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    VegaPunk made that one and it was displayed as if it was an achievement. Cesar was the one who claimed it was 'defective', most likely because of jealousy.
    He can't control when he transforms, and when he does, his clothes vanish. Also, can only fly barely. It's not much of a DF.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    He can't control when he transforms, and when he does, his clothes vanish. Also, can only fly barely. It's not much of a DF.
    He's also a child and hasn't had his DF for a long time, he could just be getting used to it, remember luffy in his flash back trying to figure out how to use his pistol or Kaku having a tough time in the beginning of his fight with Zoro

I mean obviously we've seen that Dragons are ridiculously powerful in one piece it's probably just because he's
    A: an 8 year old kid
    B: new to his DF
    C: not much of a fighter

By the epilogue of the series he'll probs be a insanely powerful ally

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I dont get why you insist calling it "cartoonish" or "childish" its just actually the most logical thing. Orochi's power seems made exactly for the 9 samurai to fight him. I could accept the criticism that maybe is 'too predictable' but i just dont get the 'cartoonish' thing.
    Well, we have a villain who's obviously not much of a fighter. At least not for this point in OP. Then we have these 9 Scabbards who are supposedly cream of the crop of Wano. At least 3 of those are good enough to take on one of Kaido's Calamities.

Now, I've no doubt the devil fruit makes him more of a danger. He probably has something like regeneration or poison or some other magical ability or both of those and more. But it would still be too much of a power up to warrant that many fighters of similar caliber as Ashura, Neko and Inu. And if you consider the logistics of all of them having to chop their head in the same time, it makes it look a little too forced. So can't say I agree it's the most logical thing, no.

The only way I could maybe see it happening is if Orochi starts realizing he's losing, maybe has a flashback with Oden being better than him in anything he does, and then loses it and his devil fruit takes over and turns him into something like those awakened zoan guards in Impel Down. That would probably be a huge power boost which I could live with. And let's say his heads can regrow as long as at least one is remaining, so they have to do them all in in one fell swoop.

But still don't see it as something especially creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    My 'theory' was that one of them would have died during the arc

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Compared to who i suppose, he does have a devil fruit that plays nicely into his skillset and he does have some offensive capabilities but at heart CC is neither a fighter nor particularly strong.
    Didn't he take on more then enough haki attacks from luffy? As in way more then whatever logias like crocodile and enel before they got defeated. As in he had to deal with the anti-logia haki and did good for a while.

By that logic you could argue he's among the toughest creatures to appear in OP, considering he's perfectly fine just weeks after eating double Grizzly Magnum like he did. Not to mention it didn't even knock him out completely.

Yeah, I know it's what happened, and can't argue it. But Oda isn't very consistent in the toughness and injury department.
    Last edited by Razh; May 15th, 2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway Shaka the Tempest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    *Pounds floor with rage* Damn her to hell!
    Wonderful chapter. I was genuinely holding my breath hoping for Yasu to slide out of that predicament.

Are we sure toko is Yasuie's child by blood? She seems too young to be his daughter. Feels like she should be a granddaughter.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by themick View Post
    Are we sure toko is Yasuie's child by blood? She seems too young to be his daughter. Feels like she should be a granddaughter.
    He could be in his 20's during the scene with Oden 30ish years ago, fathering a child in your early 50's could definitely happen.

Spoiler:

Yeah, thank you very much. Now I fear that the next chap starts with a (unneeded) flashback of another mother in OnePiece dying. But this time with/through a Smile..
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    He could be in his 20's during the scene with Oden 30ish years ago, fathering a child in your early 50's could definitely happen.

True, but that scene felt to me more like a 20 year old Oden being lectured by a 30 or 35 year old.

For a 50 year old has been living in squalor to have a 30 year old wife, then to have a kid seems like a weird way to go. I dont know if Oda has done that before l.

For a 50 year old has been living in squalor to have a 30 year old wife, then to have a kid seems like a weird way to go. I dont know if Oda has done that before l.
    Otohime had Shirahoshi when she was about 30 years old, with Neptune being 54 years old at the time. Obviously they lived much better lives when she was born, but Oda's no stranger to huge age gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Otohime had Shirahoshi when she was about 30 years old, with Neptune being 54 years old at the time. Obviously they lived much better lives when she was born, but Oda's no stranger to huge age gaps.
    That means she had fukaboshi at like 22 with Neptune being 46ish. That is super creepy surprised Oda would go that way.

That means she had fukaboshi at like 22 with Neptune being 46ish. That is super creepy surprised Oda would go that way.
    Two consenting adults having a child with an age gap is fine.

LOL after Ace you shouldn't question any child birth.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information