+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 883: ''A Step For a Dream - Shirahoshi Goes Out Under the Sun!''

Default 883: ''A Step For a Dream - Shirahoshi Goes Out Under the Sun!''

Is this a recap?

Title: ''A Step For a Dream - Shirahoshi Goes Out Under the Sun!''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 905
    Episode Director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation Director: Shuuichi Ito (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 883: ''A Step For a Dream - Shirahoshi Goes Out Under the Sun!''

One Piece Episode 884 Preview

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Ishizuka actually reanimating his very own Gum Gum Storm sequence almost seventeen years later?

Can someone share a video of the reanimated Gum Gum Storm?

It's just a snippet in the preview for next week's episode.

I can't believe that I'm more hyped about a well animated nostaglic reanimated arc recap of Alabasta than I am for Reverie. Ishizuka reanimating the defeat of Crocodile is nostalagia to the max considering he was the original animator for that scene 17 years ago. Also, Tomita seems to be handling Sanji vs Mr 2, which is nice, because that fight wasn't particularly well animated in the original run.

Well, this was another episode with a lot of flashback, which it seems that this will happen all over the Reverie.

I was expecting a little bit more on the scene of Shirahoshi watching the sea, but well it wasn't that bad either. I liked the episode overall, but it was like 60 % flashbacks or more.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    I can't believe that I'm more hyped about a well animated nostaglic reanimated arc recap of Alabasta than I am for Reverie. Ishizuka reanimating the defeat of Crocodile is nostalagia to the max considering he was the original animator for that scene 17 years ago. Also, Tomita seems to be handling Sanji vs Mr 2, which is nice, because that fight wasn't particularly well animated in the original run.
    I'll only be happy if they keep the original music. That's what made the ending for me.

Shiraoshi watching the sun and finally feeling in her skin what her mother was talking about,its one of my favourite scenes of this arc. I think the anime adapted this scene very well. I liked this episode because we're finally getting to Marejoa.
    I think next week we'll get the Alabasta and Dressrosa flashback,then the week after maybe Drum and Fishman Island (altough if they wanted to do Fishman Island i think they would have done it in the previous episodes,so maybe they won't) and then we should finally be over with the fillers cause there's nothing else to do.

Maybe we'll get Vivi's childhood mentioned. Flashback within a flashback. And don't forget we'll get a Mjosgard flashback.

(I liked the sun scene too)
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

oh ffs

Oh ffs. They really seem intent on dragging this out with as many flashbacks as possible...

Hardly surprising i guess, they have to put as much distance between Anime/manga as possible.

The flashbacks are the best thing for two reasons, most Japanese viewers won't have a clue what's going on, secondly they're just flashbacks, doesn't matter if the quality is subpar, only downside is the canon takes a hit. Not that it matters as Reverie is pretty much all dialogue without action.

I know Oda's character designs are heavily influenced by western designs, but this character is really odd!

Duuuude

Bah, Levely flags everywhere....

I can't even watch right now. I think I might wait another two months and maybe the flashbacks will be gone.

This recap episode was much more enjoyable than the previous couple since the presentation was much more in line with how the manga did it, just expanded of course, and had actual framing as opposed to being completely superfluous like the Impel Down one and to a lesser extent the Marineford one was. Though I can't imagine Oda himself ever depicting the Straw Hats casually discussing Luffy's past and relations over cake and tea like they were here. And as I figured it would be, Kosuke Toriumi as Stelly was quite funny.

Ichikawa corrections on a Shuuichi Ito ep feels redundant. Next week should interesting sheerly by virtue of it being the most animated episode we've had since the Totland finale. I can't imagine an animator remaking his own iconic work nearly twenty years later can't be something that happens very often, I imagine.
    Last edited by Crossword; May 5th, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

So Levely is the romanization they are going with? This hurts my soul

Out of curiosity is anyone here actually watching the flashback segments in full? With no skipping around? ... Sober?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Out of curiosity is anyone here actually watching the flashback segments in full? With no skipping around? ... Sober?
    *Quiveringly raises hand*

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I don't think I ever watch sober lol, but I am looking forward to the Alabasta flashback honestly
    Surprised we didn't get a Fishman Island flashback in this episode

Yeah.
    I caught up on the anime with some friends last year, and honestly the Reverie is more enjoyable than some parts of Whole Cake Island and Dressrosa.
    It's better to have clearly labeled filler than for the canon scenes to drag horribly, and there isn't any false hope that the next episode will have "that scene" (I spent about two months trying and failing to predict how much longer Luffy vs Katakuri would take to finish).

I am pretty disappointed that Toei didn't use this arc as an opportunity to show everyone using haki at Marineford, though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information