+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Samurai 8 Hachimaru-den

Default Re: Samurai 8 Hachimaru-den

The series just feels weirdly amateurish. The art is messy and everything is hard to follow. Character constantly throw around new terms.

The main character isn't very interesting. He seems to have already overcome his weaknesses. People complain about Naruto going from having to work hard to being the destined child, and to an extent I agree, but he still had work hard to succeed. Hachimaru went from being a kid who couldn't leave the house due to illness, to a badass who can easily defeat the villains within the first few chapters.

It's too bad. As I said before I did enjoy Naruto to the end, and I'm really enjoying Boruto (Both the anime and the manga). I wish this was better. Hopefully it gets better.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I don't find it hard to follow honestly. Samurai key, holder and a Princess. Pretty simple, even the way of the Samurai concept. I just haven't seen anything that has hooked me yet. I like the art style, but I need something to keep me engaged like i'll go crazy if there was a break week for it.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Canceled in 3...2...

oh wait it's kishimoto so they will give him way more time than this series will probably deserve. He was a one trick pony, with naruto becoming shit long before it ended.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    They've done an extremely poor job at explaining samurai. From what I understand, samurai are cyborgs that have a soul that is a sword, a bone hilt somewhere in the body, a key that is their spine, a pet that is their holder with which they can fuse and stuff, maybe a DNA sword that can only be unsheated by the owner, and a core or whatever Daruma showed Hachi's dad. Everything is plug-and-play.
    Update: The bone hilt is part of the holder, just like the guns (even though Daruma has his own hilt) and there's a princess component now. I just follow this manga because it's between the other stuff that I read and the morbid curiosity of whether it will get axed.
    I hate quacks.

"I've got a wide strike zone" Made me chuckle.

Oh boy, princesses who need to be protected. That bodes well for the female characters in this series.

Ann has a pretty good design at least.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Oh boy, princesses who need to be protected. That bodes well for the female characters in this series.
    Lol, thought the same thing. Not a fan of it going the "They're fated to be together!" route either.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Will this series be the worst parts of the last naruto arcs destilled into the entire story? I hope not.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I forget what's a lockerball

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information