+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Magic the Gathering: Arena (or general MTG thread)

Default Re: Magic the Gathering: Arena (or general MTG thread)

Finally, Kaldheim Quick Draft is here. My one Premier draft tanked 0:3 -.- but now there are bots! Thanks to them I got 5 Fynns! Ended 4:3 and not 7:0 like I hoped lol
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Having always played kitchen top, I can't understated the appeal of a limited format such as draft.

It levels the playing field (no Embercleave or Ugin) and is a great way to gain gems and cards for FtP-beginners like me.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    It levels the playing field (no Embercleave or Ugin) and is a great way to gain gems and cards for FtP-beginners like me.
    Fair answer, I’m also a FtP player but I’m on arena since the closed beta.
    I just dislike the concept of a format were you can’t play withe cards you want to play.

That’s way the should add pauper to Arena, it has the rarity restriction and could use the same card pool of Historic.

And Tibalt's trickery is banned in Modern.
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...t?x=iazoidrnet

First look at wizarding schools set:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ven-2021-02-18
    Wake my wallet when we're back at Innistrad.

Give me brake, Kaldheim just dropped.

The daily deals WotC made within the last week really drained my gold reserves. Dick move, Kaldheim Quick draft ends soon.

reached mythic for the first time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Cassius March is opening his on LGS:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/23/ca...-pokemon-cards

For the second time Tolarian Community College started a campaign and manage a donation of 100k for Trans Lifeline.
    https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/...618792451?s=20

Really wanted to do a War of the Spark draft. Login problems and logged out opponents everywhere... Stupid patch

magic-the-gathering-2021-release-schedule/

Schedule for this year released. So, Magic schools, then DnD and then werewolves and vampires.

Ngl, after the appearance of Vorinclex in Kaldheim I was secretly rooting for a new Phyrexian set. Those sets had the most metal artworks.

Jin will probably be the awkward exchange student in Strixhaven

Can't get THAT picture out of my head. You made my day :D

https://twitter.com/Waxenwings/statu...269122567?s=20
    College scarves.
    This is totally not the HP set. Nope. Totally not.

It is hilarious that JK went full terf just before that both MTG and Hearthstone revealed their Magic School expansions.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Bring back the OG magical school, Tolaria.

I want to share my homebrew dimir zombie deck.
    Spoiler:
    4 Priest of the Haunted Edge (KHM) 104
    12 Snow-Covered Swamp (KHM) 280
    8 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 279
    3 Draugr Necromancer (KHM) 86
    2 Narfi, Betrayer King (KHM) 224
    2 Village Rites (KHM) 117
    2 Ice Tunnel (KHM) 262
    3 Avalanche Caller (KHM) 45
    3 Negate (ZNR) 71
    4 Deathknell Berserker (KHM) 83
    4 Raise the Draugr (KHM) 105
    4 Malefic Scythe (M21) 112
    3 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
    2 Eat to Extinction (THB) 90
    2 Vengeful Reaper (KHM) 116
    1 Witch's Vengeance (ELD) 111
    1 Blood on the Snow (KHM) 79

It's demoralizing Creature decks left and right because of the Necromancer and has some sweet outs against removal (You want to exile Deathnell Berserker who has a Scythe on it? Ok, I activate Village Rites, I draw two cards, Scythe gets a +1, a zombie appears who I attach the Scythe to. Later, Raise the Draugr pulls two Berserkers back into my hand).

It's not competitive at all, but damn is it fun in Play mode.

I would change The priest for the foul mire knight, mire triton is a good way to get Narfi on the yard and bring him back for 3.
    Eradicator valkyre is better. Crippling fear is better than Witch's vengeance, and call of the death dweller gives deathtouch and menance for the creatures you bring back.
    IMO.

I tried out all your suggestions. Played five times and adjusted the deck after every match.

Mire Triton worked right away and is a keep. Eradicator Valkyrie fits perfectly too (An enemy creature hijacked with the Necromancer and then sacrificed with her boast is going back into my Necromancers arsenal again I think? I have yet to see that situation). She is also a second, even stronger, Berserker to raise with Raise.
    Sadly Call of the Death doesn't bring back the Necromancer, a key card wiped away on the spot oftentimes. Raise is cheaper and with four open mana my Priest for example is back right after I use him on a Toski, Yorvo or another strong key Creature. Opponent then also sees the second Priest, waiting on my hand...

Foul Mire Knight and Triton matched me more against deathtouch I think. My deck is good against those so I won. Knight is currently out, but maybe I will take him in again for the Avalanche Caller.

Funnily enough my first game was against a Changeling deck. That one copy of Crippling Fear sat there on my hand, watching me get pummeled to dust. I immediately switched back to Witch's vengeance, which did it's job just fine within the next games. Maybe I was just unlucky there Idk :D

Wait, every game? I think you have to test the adjustments a little more than that to be certain things are working or not.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information