+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Magazine

Default Re: One Piece Magazine

I like that all the calamities have a theme of prehistoric creatures lost long ago, along with Kaido being a mystical to sorta show the gap between him and his crew.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Personally, I would have had Orochi have the Nue fruit. A. Because a dude named Orochi having the Orochi power is a bit too on the nose (Like Smoker having the Smoke power). B. Nues are bringers of misfortune, which he sure is.

Agreed on being ultimately fine with Kaido and Orochi being the only Mythical users.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    It makes more sense for the top Beast Pirates to be prehistoric, while Wano based characters are related to Japanese lore like Yamata no Orochi and Kappa (doubt Kawamatsu has a DF, but is def influenced by the lore).

Thanks to Scotch and Redon

It's interesting that the old sketch of Raizo's face is similar to Gyukimaru's face.

I'm looking up more Kim Jung Gi art through videos and I might be stuck on it for a while.
    Kawamatsu was shown swimming, so he definitely doesn't have one.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Full Wanokuni article in One Piece Magazine Vol. 6

Spoiler:

Thanks Redon

Translated by EtenBoby/KaidoBoby.

Anyone who sails in the New World knows that there’re certain pirates that you should never go against. The Emperor(s) of the sea, the “Four Emperors”—“RedHair”, “Big•Mom”, “Blackbeard”, and who we are about to talk about now: “Kaido of the beasts”.

The Absolute Force
    Beast Pirates

Captain(General): Kaido of the beasts

It is said that Kaido is the “strongest creature” among all living thing. Even though we have no information on what race he belongs to, he has a huge body like that of Giants. The strength of his body is also extraordinary, if you try to pierce him with a spear, the spear will break.
    The above is the information of Kaido that the public commonly know, but I witnessed Kaido himself in Kuri. He’s a user of devil fruit, and a mythical one as well, he transformed into a huge dragon. The moment I set my eyes on him, my body got stiff and I thought I was going to die. How intimidating. He’s on a whole different level than human. One can even say that he’s a “monster” that surpasses human wisdom.
    Member List

With Their Overwhelming Power They Force the Strongs into Submission

It is said that no one can defeat Kaido one on one. A number of people who were confident in their strength challenged him, but most of them ended up laying on the ground after a single swing of his “kanabo”. As a single human, his abilities are on a whole different level...!!

Breaking the Spirit of their Opponent and Obtain New Subordinate
    Kaido, after completely crushing his opponents, throw them into the Prisoner Mine, and force heavy labor upon them under surveillance. They can’t even have a proper meal, but would have to work continuously. This hardship will go on until they realize how meaningless it is to oppose the Beast Pirates and fall under submission.

A Reign of Fear by the Three “AllStar”
    There are three executives who are like the embodiment of Kaido’s thoughts. They are called the “AllStars”, and like Kaido they have a huge body, they have unwavering confidence in their strength and uses power to control everything.
    Once their lord, Kaido, gives the command, they perform it as if they’re his limbs. Anyone who gets in the way shall not be forgiven, they destroy everything like a raging storm and complete the mission. The only one they fear is their lord • Kaido.

Jack leading his fleet and attacks Zunisha. Even with Zunisha, who’s big enough to carry a country on its back, as his opponent, Jack attacks without any hesitation. He never considered the possibility of him losing, not even once.

AllStar: King the Wildfire

He’s like the eldest son of the AllStars, holding the epithet of “King the Wildfire”. He enjoys torturing the enemies that they caught and forcing them to talk, which is why Queen call him a “pervert”. He is a user of an ancient type of devil fruit, and can transform into a giant pterosaur.
    AllStar: Queen the Plague

His agility is unimaginable for his massive body, he’s commonly known as “Queen the Plague”. He’s in charge of the Prisoner Mine in Udon, Wano. His job is to break the spirit of their “former strong foes” and make them join the Beast Pirates.
    AllStar: Jack the Drought

Even though he’s the youngest little brother of the AllStars, he’s a monster with a bounty of one billion berries. He does not make compromises in anything, when his needs are not met, he will force his way through. It is said that after Jack passes through a land, it will be left in a decaying state as if suffering from a drought.

The Working Troop that Carry out Kaido’s Orders
    The AllStars only moves when something important happens, normally the troubles will be solved by those under them, the Headliners, who leads the Gifters and Pleasures. Most Headliners are users of the artificial devil fruits SMILE, there’re also quite a few who used to be their enemies.
    Last edited by DarkWitch; June 16th, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

Darkwitch, do you have a link/source for that translation? Its hard to read when you changed the text color to black.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Darkwitch, do you have a link/source for that translation? Its hard to read when you changed the text color to black.
    https://orojackson.com/threads/one-p....62218/page-12

It kinda seems Jack is like Snack, in being the runt of the litter. But then, there's no clear-cut leader/Katakuri figure, either.

King is pervert, king vs sanji confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    Translated by EtenBoby/KaidoBoby.

It is said that Kaido is the “strongest creature” among all living thing. Even though we have no information on what race he belongs to, he has a huge body like that of Giants. The strength of his body is also extraordinary, if you try to pierce him with a spear, the spear will break.
    The above is the information of Kaido that the public commonly know, but I witnessed Kaido himself in Kuri. He’s a user of devil fruit, and a mythical one as well, he transformed into a huge dragon. The moment I set my eyes on him, my body got stiff and I thought I was going to die. How intimidating. He’s on a whole different level than human. One can even say that he’s a “monster” that surpasses human wisdom.
    Hmm, some official info regarding Kaido's odd racial features. Like the confirmation that he's not a giant, despite his size. Just gonna keep out there my theory that he's a failed WG attempt to clone/genetically engineer Oars' species of Ancient Giants.

By the way, what's the framing device for this info in the magazine? There's a lot of first person talk, like it's a journal or a guide from someone. Does the magazine say who's writing it?

Thanks Redon!

Are you planning to post the section about swords as well? That looked interesting.

Full Law novel!!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by venusviola View Post
    Thanks Redon!

Are you planning to post the section about swords as well? That looked interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    By the way, what's the framing device for this info in the magazine? There's a lot of first person talk, like it's a journal or a guide from someone. Does the magazine say who's writing it?
    One of the previous article in this vol was written by Wano Country Secret Agent Y, and they’re kind of a report, talking about sneaking in and gathering information, so I am going to assume that all these articles/report on Wano were written by the same “journalist”
    Last edited by KaidoBoby; June 17th, 2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaidoBoby View Post
    The previous articles in this vol were written by Wano Country Secret Agent Y, and they’re kind of a report, talking about sneaking in and finding information, so I am going to assume that all these articles/report on Wano were written by the same “journalist”
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I assume he's Cipher Pol, to be called an agent and be infiltrating and reporting like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I assume he's Cipher Pol, to be called an agent and be infiltrating and reporting like that?
    Hmmm...Perhaps a secret special correspondent will be a better translation.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    It kinda seems Jack is like Snack, in being the runt of the litter. But then, there's no clear-cut leader/Katakuri figure, either.
    Oda knew he couldn't top Katakuri, so he didn't even try

Follow me on twitter@NoxDRaz
    Youtube: NoxDRaz
    Blog:Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

Quote Originally Posted by NoxDraz View Post
    That is one broken DF right there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information