+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Magazine

Default Re: One Piece Magazine

Let us not forget that the editor himself contradicted Oda regarding his prediction. He later had to rectify and say that if Oda follows the same pace as in Wano, it might be possible. But we don't see any major changes, yes, it is a little bit faster in some aspects, but even at this pace I can't see how it can wrap up in 4 years.

And let's not forget this happens at a point in which One Piece's sales have slowed down a little, right? So, I believed it was a marketing scheme to attract more viewers, in this announcement in One Piece Magazine, it says "time to reread", so there's marketing in this.

I got worried because they keep repeating it, but the facts and evidence do not point towards One Piece ending in 4 years whatsoever. I'd say 8 years at the very least.

Also Oda never said that One Piece would end in 4 years, he said that he *wanted* to end One Piece in 4 years now.

My stance is that if the author believes it, but i can't see it, then i'm probably the one in the wrong and will have to wait and see how he had planned it out.

GRR Martin believed he was going to finish Winds of Winter half a decade ago. Every year it's one more year. Eventually he'll be right about that. Forgive me for not believing him that it's coming in 2020.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

The reach to believe in this, where the story doesn't even compliment that sentiment shows that it's a tactic to put those fatigued with the story at ease. Like I said before, when this arc and the following 2-3 arcs start to end things more than introducing new aspects and re-purposing old components, it will make perfect sense. At this point right now, it doesn't add up.

Not something I believe, but lets say Weevil is meant to be a Teach ally. How do I get from point A to B with that? Easy, Teach seen him and Babidi on the way to where he was going and defeated the Marines after him. Now, they see that they may have common interest in money some goal. That's a fast and simple way to do it, but even Oda in his "crowded arc/pack things in a flashback" era would drag something like that. All of that is 1 chapter. This era Oda would sprinkle it through multiple arcs.

So i guess the major camps are

-It's just a PR trick

-Oda doesn't know what he'll be up against / can't plan

-It's probably legit but will have a schedule slip

-If he said he'll do it he'll do it

Would be interesting to see a poll on it to see how it is spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So i guess the major camps are

-It's just a PR trick

-Oda doesn't know what he'll be up against / can't plan

-It's probably legit but will have a schedule slip

-If he said he'll do it he'll do it

Would be interesting to see a poll on it to see how it is spread out.
    Yeah, I think this should be made a thread on its own.

I think less than 7 years is not realistic

I predicted the "will Luffy die" thread would be merged into the Questions thread. I will now speculate if this supposed thread will be merged by the overlords as well

Also, i'd rename it to "PR trick until Oda gets his shit together"

I feel like people forget that Oda said he HOPES to finish it in 5 years. It never, ever was a clear cut estimate of when he will finish. Oda also hoped to finish the story back in 2002, yet here we are 18 years later lol.

Edit:

He also promised his wife in 2004 that he'd be done in 2014, his wife guys. Why should we ever, at all, assume he is sure about his estimates if he can't even promise his family properly the same way lol?
    Last edited by Gia Sado; August 1st, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    He also promised his wife in 2004 that he'd be done in 2014, his wife guys. Why should we ever, at all, assume he is sure about his estimates if he can't even promise his family properly the same way lol?
    I found where he said this a long time ago, but could never find it again. He didn't have to tell us this smh

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    I'm curious if this is true or just fandom bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    I'm curious if this is true or just fandom bullshit.
    I believe it comes from the same interview where he said he hopes to finish in 5 years.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Anyway, it seems people don't think it matters much that 3 of the "road ponegliffs" are accounted for. If in the next arc the 4th is obtained, does it still not matter much? Would "Laugh Tale" not be next?

I've heard the statement many times made on this forum but if it's bullshit, my bad and disregard. It still doesnt change my initial point in my last post.

Something to consider is that Wano will give us the answers to many mysteries,even some mysteries we think as "endgame ones" will actually be answered in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Anyway, it seems people don't think it matters much that 3 of the "road ponegliffs" are accounted for. If in the next arc the 4th is obtained, does it still not matter much? Would "Laugh Tale" not be next?
    It all depends on where it is.

We all assume it might be in Elbaf, but even then, that's only because we're assuming it's the next arc.

Back at Zou, Inu told Nami to keep following the log pose and they'll be in the right track. Maybe they'll just do that after Wano. I doubt the SHs won't get to Lodestar like Roger did. When it comes down it, that's the actual main plot of the series. Taking out Kaido is just a very long side-quest.

It would be a weird buzz kill for Oda to specifically tease the final island, name it, and not have the Strawhats visit the physical last location in the series. My guess is they'll find the last RP on the 2nd to last island, but Luffy will still want to go to Lodestar because it marks the end if his first Voyage around the world.

Better black and white cover!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    It all depends on where it is.

We all assume it might be in Elbaf, but even then, that's only because we're assuming it's the next arc.
    You didn't answer my questions.

I'm not that sure that it will be obtained the next arc, be the arc Elbaf or not but if it is, not having the next arc be "Laugh Tale" will just be dumb.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information