+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 880: "Sabo Moves Out - All the Revolutionaries' Commanders Appear!"

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default 880: "Sabo Moves Out - All the Revolutionaries' Commanders Appear!"

In keeping with the changing times the revolution will not be televised, but livestreamed.

Title: "Sabo Moves Out - All the Revolutionaries' Commanders Appear!"
    Chapters Covered: 904
    Episode Director: Hiroyuki Sato (****)
    Animation Director: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Default Re: 880: "Sabo Moves Out - All the Revolutionaries' Commanders Appear!"

Belo Betty: Yūko Kaida
    Morly: Kenta Miyake
    Karaso: Takeshi Kusao
    Lindbergh: Hisayoshi Suganuma

All the Captains of the Revolutionary Army Appear - Episode 880

One Piece Episode 881 Preview
    Last edited by thaihoa91; April 14th, 2019 at 01:52 AM.

Amazing. Morley is All Might xD

That voice actor is great.

He voiced Zambai back in the day.

Heh, Takeshi Kusao voiced Karasu's single "Yep." back during Dressrosa.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh yeah, and next week we're getting a new Kizaru voice

Love their color schemes and VA

+ WB voice actor too ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    He voiced Zambai back in the day.

Heh, Takeshi Kusao voiced Karasu's single "Yep." back during Dressrosa.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh yeah, and next week we're getting a new Kizaru voice

For Whitebeard they could just reuse the original Arimoto recordings. They don't appear to be reanimating anything so that shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by beatermatrix View Post
    + WB voice actor too ^^
    The recap scenes are straight from Marineford/Impel Down, so they'll probably use the previous recordings.

It's going to be weird to hear a new Kizaru.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

MY MAAAAAAAANNNNN! MONKEY D. D. RAGON THE DOUBLE D IS BACK IN THE HOUSE BAYBYYYY!!!!!!.

No but on a more serious note, it was a pretty good episode.

Sato's direction was solid for this episode, the pacing was great, the Dressrosa flashback was well integrated and the music was well placed.

I really loved Karasu's voice in this episode, especially when he said "how dare you hurt this poor citizens", it sounded so menacing.

Kitazaki wasn't very prominent in this episode but we still got some nice KA from him and Yong-ce Tu here and here.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post
    All the Captains of the Revolutionary Army Appear - Episode 880

Yay, I will just watch this instead of the whole episode and save time.
    *20 minutes later*
    I WAS TRICKED!

Lindbergh palette gives you all dem steampunk feelings, I love it. Morley looking great too. I am still getting mixed feelings regarding Betty and her color scheme being nearly identical to Iva, but she does look great.

Enjoyable episode. Nothing too mind-blowing on the animation front (though it was nice to see Tu return given One Piece's track record when it comes to good animators taking breaks from the show) but the art was very solid and Ichikawa's corrections were all over the place. I see he couldn't resist (re)drawing every last female character that showed up at one point or another, from Moda all the way up through Nami and Carrot's brief cameo. Karasu's "proper" voice at the end with the filter sounded pretty cool.

Looks like we'll have solid recap for the rest of the month. I'm not hugely looking forward to it, but oh well, it'll ultimately help the staff out.

Well animated ep but Toei never gets Dragon’s expressions right. What song was Brook humming while fishing?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Good episode. The pirates invasion and counterattack was exciting! The commanders were all really great, gotta love Morley's VA, and Lindbergh's color scheme looks better than the opening made me expect. And yeah, it's with bated breath that we await the performance of Kizaru's next VA...

Spoiler:
    At least we might get Ryokugyu though?

Spoiler:

It was a solid episode, I enjoyed it for the most part. Still think Betty's colors are a bit gaudy, but that's not a huge deal. Next several episodes are gonna be a chore though. I wish they could just re-air relevant episodes alongside the new episode or even take a break from new episodes to re-air relevant backstory stuff for Reverie so the new stuff is higher quality, but whatever.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I really enjoyed this episode, but did anyone else feel like the subtitles kinda ruined Karasu's muffled voice gag? Like being able to read what he says makes it confusing why no one else can understand him lol. I wish it could have been like really really small font for his lines or something like that. Probably will work better in the dub

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information