+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Default Re: Chapter 938: A Woman's Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Are Bepo and Zepo Brothers? Or is it like with the merfolk, where siblings/relatives don't have to look similar? If Bepo and Zepo are Brothers, the former would feel more hatred against BM than against Kaidou.
    And if Bepo was a "prisoner" on Zou, why should they tell him about Raizou being hidden somewhere on Zou?
    Bepo and Zepo are brothers. But no, Minks can have offspring that look nothing like them, as seen with Pekoms' parents.

Default Re: Chapter 938: A woman's secret

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    What a colossal fuck up from Oda

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    What a colossal fuck up from Oda
    We don't know that Oda did this. It wasn't part of the actual chapter, and wasn't translated nor released internationally. It may have been something Shonen Jump put in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Now, how is it possible Komu is alive? We asume she and Kyoshiro faked her assessination and if that's true it's hard to believe Komu is the innocent victim who runs to his brother side, because then you also have to believe in Kyoshiro's innocense and that's hard to believe (we don't know for sure yet).

But what if Kyoshiro is a DF user who can come back to live or to fake her own death... In that case, she could have used her power to finally run away from Kyoshiro and Orochi to the alliance's arms as you sugest. (Still there's some point to cover there like Komu's aparent knowledge about Zoro and the three swords style and her weird attitude when she was about to be cut by Kyo, points covered by the theory that she's an ally of the traitor and of Kyo.)

To me the evil or resentful character, who can be redimed, is more interesting than the innocent victim. But you can be right too.
    The whole banquet thing happened because she protected Otoko which shows ultimately she has a good caring side. Kyoshiro may have saved her but not because he's a good guy but because he has a soft spot for Komurasaki, it was even mentioned in the banquet how he considers his Yakuza underlings his family.

Kyoshiro is probably someone who wants to be Shogun so helping the alliance or people who are against Orochi like Hiyori helps his plan in some way.

Also everyone in Wano knows about Zoro since he's a wanted criminal and she was surprised by the three sword style because it's unusual to see, don't think it's anything more than that.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Bepo and Zepo are brothers. But no, Minks can have offspring that look nothing like them, as seen with Pekoms' parents.
    Thx, man. I knew the minks shared some traits with the merfolk, but Bepo and Zepo sounds way too similar to not being related, still wasn't 100% sure though.
    There are a lot of different opinions and views in this forum when it comes to One Piece.
    But can we all agree that Roger's ship, the Oro Jackson, had the best figurehead in the story so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Now, how is it possible Komu is alive? We asume she and Kyoshiro faked her assessination and if that's true it's hard to believe Komu is the innocent victim who runs to his brother side, because then you also have to believe in Kyoshiro's innocense and that's hard to believe (we don't know for sure yet).

To me the evil or resentful character, who can be redimed, is more interesting than the innocent victim.
    Agree with this. Iím not trusting Kyoshiro ever. His name Kyoshiro (狂死郎) basically screamed he is evil, if he turned out remotely good I would be surprised. It would be like someone named Monster Clown turned out to be good, in a world where everyone have excessive appropriate names.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    Agree with this. I’m not trusting Kyoshiro ever. His name Kyoshiro (狂死郎) basically screamed he is evil, if he turned out remotely good I would be surprised. It would be like someone named Monster Clown turned out to be good, in a world where everyone have excessive appropriate names.
    What does Kyoshiro mean in Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    What does Kyoshiro mean in Japanese?
    With those specific kanji, "Mad Death Guy".
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)
    Bond en Avant practices drawing in general

I draw a silly comic about school and life.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    With those specific kanji, "Mad Death Guy".
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. The Samurai Shodown character of the same name also meant something involving death in his name.

Diabetic Empress Eleganza Miss Saturday's Avatar

Why are people saying that Wano map guide was a fuck up? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    Guess you didn't choose that nickname for nothing.

Is it beause it "confirmed" Hyori/Komurasaki/whatever's identity?

Not sure, just half followed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Guess you didn't choose that nickname for nothing.

Is it beause it "confirmed" Hyori/Komurasaki/whatever's identity?

Not sure, just half followed it.
    My best guess is that some of the chars' Locations are not up-to-date.
    IDK bout the "unintentional" reveal of Komu = Hyori. The SJ-guys pobably wanted to make sure the audience doesn't confuse "those two",
    but on the other hand also spoiled somehow Komu and Kyoshiro faked the former's death.
    I also don't know if Komu had a certain "speak-pattern" or dialect in Japanese, which should have made sure that the Girl @ Ringo was Komu for Japanese audience.
    There are a lot of different opinions and views in this forum when it comes to One Piece.
    But can we all agree that Roger's ship, the Oro Jackson, had the best figurehead in the story so far?

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    We don't know that Oda did this. It wasn't part of the actual chapter, and wasn't translated nor released internationally. It may have been something Shonen Jump put in themselves.
    I'm referring to the fact that this arc is a clusterfuck even in it's early phase.

Even Dressrosa was never this bad.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Come on, be a little more optimistic!

There's always a chance he won't develop all these separated plot threads more than he has to. A slim one, but existing nonetheless!

I'm referring to the fact that this arc is a clusterfuck even in it's early phase.

Unlike Dressrosa, we knew well in advance how many different factions were going to be involved in Wano. The only real hiccup is the addition of Big Mom and Co. into the mix, and even that was speculated by some (though perhaps not as early in the arc as actually happened). And to be frank, I'm still not convinced the Marines won't ultimately get involved...

Whether you like it or not is a different matter, but Wano was always going to be a massive beast with lots of moving parts...

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Expecting different factions is one thing. Expecting many different characters in each of those factions having their own intertwined sub-plots is another.

It could use some fat trimming, that's all.

Well, can only speak for myself.

If the factions aren't going to be there for their own sub-plots, then what's the point of them being there at all? Just standing around waiting to serve as extra muscle for the final battle makes sense from a military perspective, but from a narrative one it wastes them tremendously - if they're not going to get at least SOME dedicated screen time, they may as well simply be background extras...

While saying it could use some fat trimming is certainly fair, we don't really know which plot threads will end up being significant just yet. Storylines that seem like added fluff right now could very easily become of major importance down the road...

For myself, I suppose I'm more or less okay with the way Oda writes his arcs nowadays. I generally have a "wait-and-see" mentality, so I tend to judge an arc in retrospect, rather than as it's happening, and for all the flak it gets, I actually liked Dressrosa, for the most part - a bit too long, but I don't think the problem there was the number of characters, per se...

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

LOL I don't think there will ever be anything worse than Dressrosa and bird cage

@redon can you confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by NoxDraz View Post
    I'm not redon, but I read your message on Twitter.
    About 939/940 stuff in the image, I believe it's fake because

- The Kanji used in the editor blurb is not commonly used in Japan.
    ( "SPECIAL xxさん 939&940", similar to 週, but different Kanji with double dot Shinnyo) .

- That Japanese sounds weird. Not sure what 週さん means...

[EDIT] The text in the upper left mentions Halloween and autumn event, so...
    Last edited by sandman; April 4th, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information